Fatman Goeth

Another Ruben Amaro boner– Delmon Young has been designated for assignment. And with that move, the $150k incentive he would have earned with his 300th plate appearance becomes unattainable.

Young was due $150k for milestones at 300, 350 and 400 plate appearances. At 450, that kicked up to $200k. Ditto for 500. With 550 plate appearances, Young would have earned $250k.

The Phillies would have been throwing money away had the kept Young around. Of course, signing him in the first place basically had the same effect.

Goodbye, anti-Semite.

1. Anti-Semite!!! HURRRRDURRRRR

• I still laugh at how much Ruben Amaro Jr. defended this signing. Both of those guys are clowns, but at least the Phillies finally came to their senses and decided one of them wasn’t worth their job. Now let’s just hope they come to their senses on the other as well.

2. Darin Ruf will thankfully be getting those AB’s now.

Wonder if Casper the friendly sub-.200 hitting outfielder will see any playing time in CF.

3. Luckily he’s not an anti-dentite like Tim Watley

4. I cleared waivers but I am such a selfish ass-hole that only cares about stats and records so I won’t waive my no trade clause.

“There are still a couple things I would like to be No. 1 on the lists in this organization, so until those things are done, I’m not going anywhere,” Rollins said.

• Nuggets of Butt

August 9, 2013 at 2:40 pm

J-Stroll will be jogging the bases and calling the fans frontrunners any day now. He’s already starting to hesitate on diving for grounders.

5. If only they’d keep Asche playing everyday at 3rd and Young at 1st for the time being. Shit, to be honest, if they could ditch Young and for the fuck of it call up Franco and let him explore the universe that is 1st Base, I’d be pretty happy.

6. Nuggets of Butt

August 9, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I always thought Delmon more resembled a Ninja Turtle than Bubba.

7. Candy from the Oak

August 9, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Kyle is phoning it in today. on a side note ever notice how blacks never put back the weights at the gym. Smh

8. I always found it hard to believe that Delmon Young is only 27.
    He always seemed to be so much older.
    And his brother, Dmitri, who played in the league for many years always seemed like an okay dude.
    I guess there’s a crazy one in every family.

• Slammin Gretzky's Daughter

August 9, 2013 at 3:33 pm

He probably seems older than that because my 90 year old grampa can beat him in a 40 yard dash. My cell phone signal in an underground cave has more range than he does.

• HE’S ONLY 27. FOR CHRIST’S SAKE, I THOUGHT HE WAS MID 30′S

9. RAJ – “Delmon, the Phillies want to thank you for your time here, and wish you continued success in your career”

Delmon- “Cheap Jews!” …..very slowly, emphasis on slowly walks out of the clubhouse, gets into his ’02 Neon and hits up the nearest Arby Drive Thru for a large #4 Beef and Cheddar Classic combo, large with a diet rite, DIET!

10. I answered a survey on Friday and all i got was one shitty post.

11. This juss like that white peace of DOG shit Rubbin Camaro to fire one of my people’s and replace him with a cricket ya hurd? Ever since Mike cut off my intrenet becuz I’ma twitter I got to type these shits into my Blackbury from a fuckin Penara Bred. Man wtf Mike??

12. Ever notice how, no matter the sport, Jews own 90% of the teams. Ever notice how every commissioner of every sport is a dirty Yid?

• Slammin Gretzky's Daughter

August 9, 2013 at 3:35 pm

90%? I thought they controlled 100% of the world’s wealth? I think you’re being a little too soft on them.

13. Fuck Utley in the butt, Lee.

August 9, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Black guys always put the weights back

14. I bet he files a grievance with the union because they cut him when he was only a few plate appearances away from 300.

15. ThePhillyFlash

August 9, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

16. Watching Delmon Young play baseball is like watching someone run in a pool. I remember watching him trudge after a ball hit in the corner one time and thinking “they need to bench this dude, he just doesn’t hustle.” Then I remembered it was Delmon Young and that he was probably winded from that 50 foot run for about 3 days.

17. Pawpcorn Shramp

August 9, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Delmon Young so fat I took a picture of him in Spring Training and it’s still printing

18. He's Not Agile

August 9, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Delmon Young will walk around that fence and eat every donut here, bro

19. Captain Obvious

August 9, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Just a hunch, but I bet most of the nimrods that commented on this post are black, jewish and fat.

20. sean brace is an idiot

August 11, 2013 at 5:45 pm

kyle scott’s mother is a whore