This was on the Phillies’ Broadcast Last Night

Kyle Scott —  August 23, 2013 — 31 Comments

Screen Shot 2013-08-22 at 11.15.20 PM

pic via (@SBNationMLB)

For some really weird fucking reason, the Phillies’ broadcast crew talked about ‘N Sync (reuniting at the VMAs!) last night and included this absolutely horrific Photoshop of the guys on the No Strings Attached album (easily ‘N Sync’s finest work). Like, this was actually on the broadcast.

Tom McCarthy may be the only thing in the world that can make Justin Timberlake not cool.

Kyle Scott

Posts Twitter Facebook Google+

Editor

31 responses to This was on the Phillies’ Broadcast Last Night

1. Boy, that Lance Bass sure is a good singer. Even though he hit .200 with women on base (You hate to see that), he sure knew how to get jiggy with it.What a goofy guy.

2. Diarrhea Explosion On Wheels’ Toupée August 23, 2013 at 1:12 am

I’d rather spend a entire 28 hour flight listening to N’Sync backwards than listen to a single game called by Wheels, Sarge and Mantits.

3. Listening to Sarge speak is so fucking painful

4. Wheels also made an angel dust reference last night…

• I heard that too. What an idiot. I think he meant “fairy dust” which would have been an equally unforgivable reference.

5. Lord have mercy.

6. Falcons President 3 Finger Lenny August 23, 2013 at 7:15 am

Anyone notice how coked or on meth up the ch 17 post game show chick was last night.

7. Come on – ripping on the broadcast team is about as hack as it can possibly get. It’s the local equivalent of the national stories about Philly fans throwing snowballs at Santa.

LOLZ Wheels is so dumb. LOLZ Sarge babbles. TMac says weird things! Nyuck nyuck nyuck,

Of course, I guess this is what happens when you’re watching a terrible team. Ripping on the players gets old after a while.

• You’re Wrong MK August 23, 2013 at 9:09 am

Actually no. This broadcast team is FUCKING HORRIBLE.

McCarthy is as generic as they come both in voice timbre and calling the game. Murph is there to sell merchandise or give us updates about other teams that we don’t give a shit about. Sarge sounds like a retarded muppet that suffers mini-seizures twice a sentence.

Last week when they showed a clip of Eric LeGrand sitting in his wheelchair talking to players before the game, McCarthy managed to get out “Today Eric LeGrand was on the field, the victim of just a horrific on the field injury that left him paralyzed”, to which moron Wheels INSTANTLY interjected “Great story!”, before McCarthy could get to the part about LeGrand’s recovery and public service. Wheels is the worst fucking announcer in MLB if not all of professional sports.

The TV crew seriously diminishes every real fan’s ability to enjoy a broadcast.

8. Matt from Morton August 23, 2013 at 8:49 am

I’m glad I didn’t see this last night– Chris Wheeler as Lance Bass would’ve given me nightmares.

FWIW, this Photoshop actually *improves* Gregg Murphy.

9. Gregg Murphy looks like my brother Al, go gettem brother!

#votefordonnelly

10. Now THAT Rug Looks Good Wheels!

11. This is truly a low point with the Phillies and their TV crew. Even commercials during breaks are fucking god awful with those WB Mason commercials. They’re so bad I forced my office to switch distributors because of those cringe inducing commercials.

I understand there’s no way to replace Harry Kalas, but throwing out a “Morning Zoo Radio Show” cast of dicksmacks out there on a daily basis is just embarrassing.

We need a full reset on this booth, just like the dugout needs one as well.

If Tom Mccarthy & Friends lose their job I’ll never say a bad thing about Delco again.

• fuck – i should have finished my coffee before writing that. could I have written commercial any more? goddamn I’m an ass

12. Sarge Drinking Game – Every time her says something followed by a “Right There” take a drink…guaranteed, you’ll be fucked up by the bottom of the second.

Sarge – Less “right there”….More “cadillac time”

• Big Dick Willy from South Philly August 23, 2013 at 11:07 am

I think Sarge doesn’t show up until the fourth inning, but I’m usually shit faced drunk by that point anyway because this team is so piss poor.

13. I cannot envision Harry or Richie EVER putting up with this nonsense. They realized that THEY were not supposed to the show…the game was

14. Agree on the absolute child like production of the broadcast and terrible broadcasters. The problem is these guys are apart of the “Monty” club and the only way “Wheels” goes is when he dies. I could never understand why it take 7 guys to call a game on radio and tv. Maybe if we cut it down we could afford a better center fielder other than Casper the friendly ghost. Get some serious guys in there with some baseball pedigree. Sarge played the game but his broadcast skills are not “Right there”

15. IS DEADSPIN OFF TODAY OMG WHY ISN’T KYLE POSTING STUFF

16. …Wait… Does Jim Jackson do TV? Thought he was just radio- if that’s the case, where are me and Frantzke?

17. Hah yea think Kyle started the weekend early. Then again what news is there to write about? Did Rube trade Michael Young yet? Wtf would you get anyway. F it.

18. Kyle killing it on a Friday, as usual. Kinda sad that after he injected himself in the middle of the Marcus Hayes thing he gets beat to posting the audio by T7L.

19. I didn’t know that CB had summer hours. Hard work on a Friday Kyle. Chip’s already out doing me with having the boys practice on Tuesdays.

20. No T-Mac tonight. Hopefully he fucking died.

• MY FUCKING EARS ARE HANGING THEMSELVES August 23, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Wheels and Sarge are doing this entire game. I can picture mass suicides like in The Happening all across Phillies nation.

21. Tom McCarthy is an ass, Chris Wheeler is an ass.