Well, At Least Michael Vick Knows We’re Probably Through Here

From Pro Football Talk:

Vick said Tuesday that there’s been no internal discussion about what the team would do once he’s recovered from his hamstring injury either, but the veteran seems to be reading the same tea leaves that most of us are reading when it comes to the starting job. He said things like “just in case I’m ever needed again” and that he’d “understand” any call that Kelly made because “this is not my football team.”

“I don’t know. That’s not something that I’m thinking about at this point,” Vick said, via Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer. “The last thing I want to be is a distraction to this team. I’m just working hard to get myself healthy.”

Actually gotta respect the way Vick has handled himself this season. He could’ve had Marcus Tonya Harding (v.) Nick Foles so the job would remain his once he’s healthy again.* But instead, he came out and did that weird little press conference with Nick and now he’s saying all the right things. Golf clap.

*Actually, scratch that. Don’t want to give Marcus any ideas.

1. NIK FLOLLLLLLLLLLLLES AINT GOT NO PIPE GAYM LEMME HOLE FYE HUNNNNNNNNNNNNETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

2. IMMA LET YOU FINISH BUT MIKE VICK WAS THE GREATEST QUARTERBACK OF ALLL TIME

3. How about more analysis on Riley Cooper becoming a threat out of no where? Could it be Vick could only focus on one receiver, cant make field decisions, or just hates the guy prior to cooper dropping an N-bomb?

Vick was awful after 2010. So happy that hood rat is gone. Still not sure why he was even re-signed this year.

• Its a disgrace Cooper is still here. An absolute embarrassment.

That being said, of course Vick can only look at one receiver. he sucks as a QB and was nothing but a gimmick his whole career.

4. Marcus Vick belongs in OZ with Verne Shillinger

5. Gary Stricker's Tattoo Artist

November 12, 2013 at 4:44 pm

I hope Marcus and Mike like the nice weather in Buffalo next year. It’s where our last loser QB went to die.

6. informed NFL fan

November 12, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Vick will end up in Arizona teamed up with Larry Fitzgerald. Cards will be in the SB next year. Vick 3500 yard, 30 Tds, 8 ints. Fitz: 90 catches, 1150 yards, 14 Tds. Book it.

• I was thinking Minnesota with Adrian Peterson…

• Haha that's a good one

November 12, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Lol Mike Vick with 30 TD passes and a 3.75:1 TD:INT ratio. That’s hilarious.

• informed NFL fan

November 12, 2013 at 6:11 pm

You forget how good he was the year the Falcons played the Eagles in the NFCCG. Please think before you type your sarcastic comments

• That was a decade ago. And if I remember correctly he was shut down in the NFC Championship game.

Its over for Vick.

He was never that good. Arugably the most over-rated QB over the past 25 years in the NFL….and a jerk to boot.

• Slammin Gretzky's Daughter

November 12, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Ummm I think you’re the one who needs to think before you type your comments. That year you’re referring to (2004 season), he had only 14 TD and 12 INT in 15 games with a completion percentage of 56.4% and a passer rating of 78.1. His career high for TD passes in a season is 22 and he also has five years with double digit interceptions. Also not to mention that season was 9 years ago and wasn’t that good. He’ll be 34 next season and he hasn’t played more than 13 games in a season since 2006. I will bet you all the money in the world that he doesn’t throw 30+ TD with single digit INT ever.

• Slammin Gretzky's Daughter

November 12, 2013 at 10:23 pm

*sorry career high is 21.

• informed NFL fan

November 13, 2013 at 9:15 am

I laugh at your lack of NFL knowledge. Play a game of Madden and you will see. Back Madden 2003, draft Vick, in 2-3 years was a 90+ overall which means FRANCHISE QB. It’s coming, trust me.

• Jon Kruk's Other Nut

November 12, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Eh, I see where you’re going with that but Vick’s problem isn’t just that he sucks here, it’s that he can’t play 8 games a year.

7. If he starts any shit he’ll be teammates with Ed Reed on the unemployment line

8. Eagles shouldn’t draft a QB in the 1st couple rounds. They can always get a value pick in the 4th or 5th round & draft Aaron Murray

9. Glad that Vick got a chance to revive his career,but its time to focus more on Nick Foles Kyle.

10. I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn’t take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It’s clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother’s mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake

11. Catch a damned pass

November 13, 2013 at 5:16 am

I told you that this guy was going to be a tool.

New material douche-nozzle?

12. It’s very nice to see Mike Vic acting like a man unlike most pro sports figures these days. It’s also nice to see a QB going to the best options on the field instead of their favorite options on the field. See how that works out?