When a Group of Flyers Fans Bump into the Vancouver Canucks in Nashville…

Kyle Scott —  December 2, 2013 — 52 Comments
Voila_Capture705

Photo: Phans of Philly

Joe DiBiaggio, the co-founder of Phans of Philly, the local road-tripping company we’ve partnered with for several events, led a group of Flyers fans to Nashville this weekend. They remained in the Music City until today and, last night, ran into the VANCOUVER CANUCKS at a bar. The Canucks are in town to play the Preds on Tuesday.

Joe explains what happened next:

We were at The Stage in Nashville, and there were about 15 Canucks there. The band kept giving shoutouts to Philly because we all had Flyers gear on. We were doing Eagles chants and Flyers chants in response. I had a Couturier shirt on, and someone came up asking if I knew him. We started shooting the Shit, and he introduced himself and it was [former Flyer Tom] Sestito. He said Vancouver is 10 times better than Philly, and that Philly is a dump. He went out of his way to ask a dumb question, and tell me that. We stopped talking, and went on with the night. Ryan Kesler ended up getting on stage, and sang “Real Men of Genius.” He tried to slide on his knees and completely failed, so we gave him a nice “asshole” chant and “let’s go Flyers” chant. He smashed his bottle on the ground, and got kicked out. A couple Canucks followed, and one guy called out someone in our group. He stood at the door and said in a funny russian accent, “You little piece of shit whenever you are ready to step outside come see me” and then did a creepy smile with no teeth. Everyone laughed in his face. That’s when Sestito walked by, and screamed “fuck the Flyers” to everyone. We started heckling Luongo, and things started to get a little out of control. The bouncers escorted them to the 2nd floor private area. We booed them up the steps. Some of their guys started throwing ice at us from the 2nd floor. Things calmed down, and went on with the night. Unfortunately, no photos or video of the incident, as far as I know.

Just a funny random encounter. Both Sedins were cool as hell though, and shot the shit with a couple guys in our group. Asking why we were here, and telling us we saw a great game. Actually saw both at breakfast today, and gave us a fist pump.

You can join Phans of Philly on their next trip, to D.C., on December 15.

Voila_Capture719

Get tickets here.

Kyle Scott

Posts Twitter Facebook Google+

Editor

52 responses to When a Group of Flyers Fans Bump into the Vancouver Canucks in Nashville…

1. Wow, what an awesome storzzzzzzzz

(Stolen from a post commenter a week ago)

2. He’s Right About Vancouver December 2, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Sorry, but Vancouver is a million times better than Philadelphia. It’s like comparing Old City to Kensington. Philly is a fucking shithole.

3. So basically the only cool players on the canucks are the Sedins’ and Sestito is bitter that he is still irrelevant

4. Yea, in terms of the actual city Vancouver is nicer than Philly. But when you get outside the shit-hole dump of the inner city I’ll take our surrounding area/people/culture/weather/food over Vancouver’s all night long.

5. Pics or it didn’t happen. Simple as that.

6. no thanks on the DC trip. I try to distance myself as far as possible from the Eagles chanting crowd. Yeah, great idea, lets do an eagles chant in Nashville for a flyers trip. Oh, and Let’s go Flyers and As*hole chants arent obnoxious at all. what a complete and utter bunch of tools that group must have been. yeah, ill see you guys in DC. ha

• Billy “Pussy” Crumbs December 2, 2013 at 5:55 pm

I was thinkin the same thing while reading this. Are these people incapable of turning off the obnoxious fandom for even a brief period

7. Oh the Humanity December 2, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Makes me feel even better about that team choking on a fat dick in the finals. Canada is just bitter that no one gives two fucks about them and they cant even win a championship in their only damn sport.

• Wow what a rediculous, uneducated statement. Funny cause the two guys (Kes and Sestito) who acted the worst are Americans.

Go say that to Giroux, Hartnell, Lecavalier, Simmonds, Downie, Couturier, Pronger, the Schenns, Emery etc…. See what happens.

Give your head a shake.

• I believe Canada won the Olympic gold medal at 2010 Olympics but I can’t remember because I didn’t have a chance to watch because I was too busy watching reruns of Canada winning the Olympic gold in Salt Lake.

8. John Kruk’s Tummy December 2, 2013 at 4:07 pm

So out of all those people, none of them got any pictures or videos or anything?

I call bullshit, it sounds to me like a bunch of drunk fucking tools acted like assholes at the bar for awhile and almost started a fight.

Yeah… really worth the shit load of money they charge for their trips, I love paying to hang out with bags of douche.

9. the only part of the story i am buying is the group behaving like a bunch of jackasses. i dont need pics or vids to believe that component of the story. way to go guys in perpetuating the stereotype that philly fans are nothing but obnoxious cretins. of course, when push comes to shove, no one steps outside with the player but im sure many were updating the facebook and twitter accounts about how they were going to kick this guy’s ass but he had left before they could do so.

10. I love the tool on the top-left sporting the Fake Winter Classic jersey. So typical. Dude, you’re wearing a jersey that has literally NEVER been worn by a Flyers team. Put it in the trash and get with the times, chief.

• must have been so disappointing for many of them to get down there and find out it wasnt warm weather. had it been warm, im sure there would have been plenty of jorts worn thus proudly displaying the flyers logo tatted on their legs.

• HAHAH, thats fantastic, great call. I’m sure 90% of the other jerseys are all former flyers too. lotta richards, carter, lindros jerseys in that group of mutts

• John Kruk’s Tummy December 2, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Great spot on the jersey, his fucking flannel shirt and cut off jean jacket were probably on loan to the next delco all-star so he had to rock his gimmick jersey.

11. Hate when fans of the away team bring a flag saying “You’re in ______ Country”. Am I the only one who finds that incredibly stupid to be holding that shit up in Nashville?

It was just as dumb when the Skins fans brought one to the Linc a couple weeks back and Shady rightfully ripped it from their hands.

12. Yeah, that sure happened. For sure… Mhm, yup.

13. This is why I hate people. From the Nucks, to these traveling fans, to the assholes commenting here. I FUCKING HATE ALL OF YOU! GO DIE! NOW!

14. lol @ that travelling dork pack… i spot at least 12 virgins

15. Can barely tell the female OB’s from the males in that picture. Looks like a poster for fetal alcohol syndrome awareness.

16. haha. everyone of those losers in this picture looks pathetic. are there any real Flyers jerseys being worn in that picture? all fake/outdated jerseys. the virgin/fat slob crew. I’ll pass on the DC trip boysssss

17. holy fuck Kyle I can’t believe how ugly these people are. holy fuck! gives philly a bad name.

18. Slobs with fake jerseys from China talking shit to real nhl hockey players. I wish Tommy Sestito knocked the fucker out with the fake couturier jersey and tea bagged him and the Sedins went all Swedish viking on these philly virgins. Thug lyfe! Hockey bar fights in Nashville #swag #yolo #weed

19. It’s worth noting the Canucks don’t have a single Russian player on their team, let alone one with no teeth. Fail. BS story if ever there was one

• That toothless Russian? Seems Flyer’s fans don’t even recognize their own Mama when they’re drinking.

Keep it real, Philadelphia.

20. I’m sure the locals were very impressed with everyone’s ability to spell the word Eagles. Great cheer.

21. Deb’s a bitch. I’m a Flames fan. Fuck the Casucks.

22. InternetThug4Life December 2, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Kind of odd how the Canucks were at a Bar in Nashville last night but flew out of Carolina this morning to Nashville…. Must have been one hell of a night for them.

23. Catch a damned pass December 2, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Who wouldn’t recognize Sesito, or any other NHLer? Oh that’s right, most of you are too busy sucking the NFL’s balls to recognize your own untouched dick (other than by yourselves) let alone someone that was actually on the Flyers.

I agree with Your Mother, fuck you all and I hope you all die, especially you eagles chant mother fuckers, fuck the eagles I can’t wait until they lose and you all talk about jumping off the bridge with fat fuck Cataldi.

24. Um no.

You know how I know this isn’t true. The Sedins and Luongo at a bar? Uh no. Not happening.

25. I’m looking forward to December 15th. It’s going to be sweet knowing that I can walk into any bar in Philly and not have to worry about running into these clowns.

26. lmao yeah i’m sure this totally happened. just another butthurt nuck hater making up pathetic stories to try and make them look bad, no pics or vids eh? how convienient. clown

27. so nearly 50 flyers fans are at a bar see a few Canucks there, start talking shit to some of them and then supposedly chill with the Sedins and nobody had a cellphone/camera to snap a single picture? this happened

retarded philly fan is retarded

28. Gotta love how Kyle Scott whines about how dumb flyers beat writers are and then puts a blatant farce(not the same meaning as fart delco readers) on his blog. One can’t wait forever for Riley Cooper to use the N-word again I suppose.

29. Smells like he11 — Must be Philly December 3, 2013 at 10:36 am

Growing up in Philly area, you really don’t see it for what it is until you leave the dump and head for greener pastures: A complete lack of culture, obnoxious, overweight, uneducated, out-of-touch, anti-social.

It’s time for the region to grow up and smell the roses. Tom Sestito made a valid point, but the knucklehead “fans” can’t even see the forest from the trees.

30. We happened to be @ The Stage this night. Kesler was dancing around the pole in front of the stage like a stripper, pulling a jacket back n forth between his legs and what not. The band started sing “Real American Hereos” at him as he was douching out. He never sang on the stage. There were never “shout outs” to any team. No group to group fights, yelling or bottles being thrown. He was asked to leave. Ice throwing at what not… didn’t happen. Almost forgot,
    GO BLACKHAWKS

31. Speaking from a neutral perspective, when there are THAT many Flyers fans and 15 Canucks in the same bar, are you telling me not even 1 person took a picture of a pro hockey player with their cell phone?

I smell a fib

32. phans of Philly’s #1 phan December 5, 2013 at 7:04 pm

All you fags need to STOP. You don’t know our life, you don’t know where we’ve been. Stop hating on us all we know is we love philly & we love cheese steaks. PEACE OUT.