Introducing the Philly Sports Media Field of 64

Voila_Capture 2014-03-17_10-48-04_AM

THE STORY BREAKS, AND THERE YOU ARE, SCREAMING FOR YOUR LIFE, YOU’RE A SHOUTING STAR, AND ALL THE YEARS, NO ONE KNOWS, JUST HOW HARD YOU WORKED, TO WRITE THAT PROSSSSSSSSSSSSSE.

Introducing the Philly Sports Media Field of 64. 64 of your favorite talk show hosts, talking heads and scriptuals slugging it out to decide who’s number one in your soul. There are four regions – the WIP Region, the 97.5 Region, the TV Region and the Writers Region - with 16 entrants in each fighting for the right to represent their space in the illustrious Final Four.

Seeding was determined as follows: For radio, it pretty much went by current time on air– basically, daytime hosts got the top seeds. For TV, it went by network, with CSN folks getting the higher seeds. The Writers bids were a bit less straightforward. You can pretty much get all the main radio and TV folks into a 16-team region, but for writers it is decidedly more difficult. Lots of controversy will surround the selection committee following this announcement. No bloggers were included.

Games will be played throughout the NCAA Tournament, beginning today, with voting taking place each day and the winners of matches announced the following day and updated on the bracket. This week: 8 games each day and 8 more over the weekend to play the first two rounds.

So without further ado, your Philly Sports Media Field of 64.

WIP Region

Voila_Capture 2014-03-17_11-00-38_AM

97.5 Region

Voila_Capture 2014-03-17_11-00-55_AM

TV Region

Voila_Capture 2014-03-17_11-01-10_AM

Writers Region

Voila_Capture 2014-03-17_11-02-35_AM

Here’s your full bracket breakdown and analysis, baby!

You can view the full bracket here. And yes, I fully expect to crash this site.

On to the first set of matchups– the 1-16, 8-9 games.

DAY 1 VOTING CLOSED

1. The Annoying Ocean City Golf Commerical on 97.5

March 17, 2014 at 11:22 am

Best post of the year on cb

2. Are we voting for who we hate most or who we like most?

3. How is that loser Brace even on this chart, let alone a 5 seed? The guy is a tool.

• Are you talking about wigger wannabe Brace. I love how he was talking last week about how much he loved his girlfried, meanwhile I have seen him at the bars over the past few months hitting on any chick with two legs. What a jackass.

• Haha, yea I have no idea why Kyle put that clown on this chart. Fat, drunk, stupid, and bald is no way to go through life son.

• Josh from Pottstown

March 17, 2014 at 12:36 pm

At least he’s cashing in with pussy while he can with his minor celebrity status.
        Mike miss better win this shit.
        love him or hate him, he’s the best

4. No Brian Seltzer in the 97.5 region? BRUTAL

5. Chance- Vice President of the GnA Falcons

March 17, 2014 at 11:33 am

Can see that fat fucking loser josh innes voting nonstop for himself.
    I got Bruno winning this shit

• innes has the best show out right now.. no surprise someone that doesn’t like it probably wants to ride bruno’s dome like a surfboard..

• Totally agree. People that bash on Innes either don’t actually listen to his show or just hate him because he isn’t from Philly. He is very funny and actually provides unbiased opinions.

And no, this isn’t Josh Innes.

• sup, andy bloom?

• “He’s not from philly” is the funniest fucking thing i’ve ever heard.

Michael Barkan – NYC
          Ike Reese – North Carolina & Michigan State
          Glen Macnow – Born NYC, raised in Buffalo, went to school in Boston.
          Angelo Cataldi – Born in Rhode Island, raised a Yankees fan.
          Al Morganti – from Boston, went to school in Boston.

• HowWeird is the Burger King

March 17, 2014 at 1:45 pm

I’m better than every one of those out-of-town nit-wits.

• Coach Mike Gundy

March 17, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Though ike grew up in cinncy? Get your facts straight

• So just because other sports radio guys are from out of town but don’t get shit on, is that is supposed to change the fact that people rip on Innes for coming from Texas/Louisianna?? I’m not making it up. I have heard plenty of people rip on him for being from out of town. As for your master list:

Ike Reese- Played for the Eagles and hung around after his career ended. Totally different circumstance.You want to win over the Philly fan base? Stay here after your career ends. People will love you for it and rightfully so.
            Cataldi – People hate Cataldi and often bash him for not being from here. Can’t tell you how many times I have heard people complain that he is fake because he is a New York fan or he is from the Boston area.
            Morganti – No one cares enough about Morganti to complain about him. Plus he only knows about hockey so he doesn’t get the attention.

I will give you Macnow and Barkann as exceptions. But only because they have been here forever and have become part of Philly sports culture. Innes has been here a few months and I constantly hear people rag on him, complaining “what the hell does he know, he’s from Houston/Louisianna.”

• The Pickle Man

March 17, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Sounds like you once licked Josh’s taint

• I miss the big talker

March 17, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Innes is great and so is Bruno. Would love to hear them do a show together.

• Douchebags Abound!!!

March 17, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Let me guess, you’re an alcoholic 18 year old. The only idiots who think this unintelligent blow hard actually knows anything other than football.

• Douchebags Abound!!!

March 17, 2014 at 1:53 pm

At first he was ok, but Innes only knows football. His sports knowledge is shit. The only people who like him are kids, who like that he bashes everyone he is dumber than, which is every philly sports fan. Get off his dick.

6. Beasley Reece snubbed

7. Tim Panaccio is a Yinzer

March 17, 2014 at 11:38 am

A fucking outrage that I’m not on the list!

• Sarah Baicker's Penis

March 17, 2014 at 11:39 am

HA! HA! I made it and I’m not even relevant!

• How about Tim Panaccio? What a joke.

Whenever I catch him on Sportsrise he’s like a deer in headlights. He can barely formulate sentences, looks at and off camera, and has absolutely no confidence. And this is suppose to be CSN’s expert? Christ sakes. This morning he had on a CSN polo shirt and nylon jacket… it looked like Sportsrise was interviewing the cable repair man and not some “Flyers Expert”.

8. I think that Kyle needs a field of 64 with local female news women and who has the best body and who is the ultimate Philly news gilf.

• Angelo's Inner Voice

March 17, 2014 at 11:52 am

HEY! I have already patented that idea for the event to replace the wing bowl, which has run its course.

9. Should do a field of 64 on the regular whack pack callers that phone in everyday to wip & 97.5

• Angelo's Inner Voice

March 17, 2014 at 11:56 am

Al, he was going to do that, but you got a bye all the way to the championship, so voting was moot.

10. Angelo's Inner Voice

March 17, 2014 at 11:49 am

Great idea Kyle. But John Clark is a #2 seed? That guy’s a douchebag!

And why are Barkann and Eskin in there twice? What happens when Eskin wins both the TV and WIP regions? Does he play with himself?

Shoulda left them oth off the TV bracket, and put Sheena Parveen in there. She appears on CSN, and even though she doesn’t know sports, neither to a lot of those dopes on TV.

11. The fact that you have Ray Didinger as a 13 seed is absolutely criminal. That dude is an institution in Philadelphia and you’re treating him like a Podunk mid-major. Fucking criminal.

• Its time for ray to be put out to pasture. He still is stuck in the 40’s and 60’s.

• Ray Diddy's The Man!

March 17, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Holy Shit Abe, I was thinking the same thing!!! Ray Diddy is one of the ONLY people on this list who has a clue as to what’s going on!

• Ray Didinger's Tweed Sportscoat

March 17, 2014 at 12:19 pm

P Diddy is actually the most pompous, humorless, insufferable dinosaur on the air. Has he EVER cracked a joke? Lighten up, Ray, and go watch some more tape at NFL Films. You may have mentioned once or twice that you work there.

• If by being humorless, you mean he does not have a 12 year old mentality like some of these people (getting hysterical over penis jokes) than I guess you are right. I find Ray charming, a gentleman and anything but pompous. He actually listens to others opinions and gets involved in discussion rather than shouting down opposing views. He also knows what he is talking about.

12. Mike Miss is a DB, he belongs in the “dick in your mouth bracket” what a total LOSER. Ike Reese? Really? The same guy arguing that Chase Utley doesn’t get bashed but Howard and Rollins do? Uh how about Howard can’t hit! And how about Rollins is a lead off guy who can’t get on base… I hate fags like him and Mike Miss that pull race card every chance they get!

13. How can that racist Phil from Mt Airy be in the game? Wasn’t he canned?

14. Where the fuck is that big fake tity kacie McDonnell at on here?

15. If Angelo is a 1 seed you know your station is on its last legs….lol

16. My worn-out twat is much better now, thanks to rehabbing at NovaCare.

17. Angelo's Inner Voice

March 17, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Hey Kyle, pressing “view results” doesn’t show the results!

• Kyle Scott

March 17, 2014 at 1:15 pm

“Games will be played throughout the NCAA Tournament, beginning today, with voting taking place each day and the winners of matches announced the following day and updated on the bracket.”

• Angelo's Inner Voice

March 17, 2014 at 5:11 pm

So we don’t get to view the ongoing voting progress? This would be fodder for comments throughout the day.

It would be one thing if that tool Barkann cornered the market on real-time polling, but other websites (such as philly.com) let you see ongoing results.

18. Myrtetus was over seeded. Guy can’t tell the difference between his ass and a hole in the ground.

19. Thomas E Merschen

March 17, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Can you put this on pdf format so we can print it?

20. Zolecki a #1 Seed? Hitting the Jameson a little early I see.

21. Chuck from Drexel Hill

March 17, 2014 at 12:20 pm

The young guys on 97.5 like smelling themselves a bit too much. I had to go back to wip

22. Fadool shoulda been a higher seed.

23. Phil from Mount airy last show was Saturday, I’ll give Kyle ab pad on this one
    ….

24. Dei still has bigger titties than Apody and she’s pregnant; I think?

25. Ernest Hemingway

March 17, 2014 at 12:34 pm

The closer you look at this list, the more you realize there really are not many likeable members of the Philly press and media corps.

• Angelo's Inner Voice

March 17, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Yes, aside from me and Ray Didinger, the only others worth noting are the well-endowed females.

26. Kevin Cooneys Chins

March 17, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Where is Mike Sielski? Hes prob the best writer around right now

27. Ray Diddy a 13 seed?? This is the best post of the year for CB

28. Wip & 97.5 Need more brothers on their stations

29. Just when I thought this blog couldn’t possibly be any dumber you go an do something like this…. and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF! Great idea, we’re still going to Aspen!

30. Mr Scott, why am I not in this field? I’m going to appoint a blue-ribbon panel to get to the bottom of this, including (if I have to) an investigation on whether or not this blog violates standards of pubic decency,

Son, I think you’ll find that there’s not a better example in this town of an all-around fan and on-air sports expert than myself. Why, who do you think got these new stadiums built (with very little out-of-pocket money required from the teams)? Yours truly!

For that reason alone, I should be high up on this list. Add the weekly sports commentary on Philly.com, and the Eagles post-game analysis, and I’m the total package.

Show a little respect, please.

• MICHAEL BARKANN

March 17, 2014 at 2:15 pm

GOV, I’D GLADLY GIVE UP ONE OF MY 2 SPOTS TO YOU.

YOU ARE CORRECT, YOUR WISDOM AND EXPERTISE IS SUCH THAT YOU COME TO THE POST-GAME SHOW WITHOUT ANY PREPARATION. WHERE RAY DIDDY BRINGS STACKS AND STACKS OF NOTES FROM WHICH TO PRESENT THOUGHTFUL ANALYSIS, YOU HAVE NONE.

TO THE OUTSIDER, THIS PROBABLY SEEMS LIKE YOU ARE A CLUELESS BOOB, COMPLETELY UNPREPARED, AND JUST SHOW UP TO BLATHER ON BY RESTATING EVERYTHING RAY JUST SAID, AND COLLECT YOUR GRATUITY.

THOSE OF US ON THE INSIDE DON’T HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THAT.

31. Bernie from Broomall

March 17, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Huh?

32. Anthony Gargano's fake laugh

March 17, 2014 at 1:08 pm

If Howard and I both get hit by a car, does everyone win?

33. “Bowen vs Maclane gonna be a real slobber knocker” lol

34. Y’all Uncle Tom motherfuckers are just lucky I lost my marbles. Id win this thing.

• You and Hollis are the worst examples of human refuse ever “employed” by the Philadelphia media. Hit the road – your 15 minutes are up!

35. Bernie from Broomall

March 17, 2014 at 1:11 pm

keep talkin’ you creep.

36. Hey Hugh looks like they forgot about me too. Heee heee heee!!!!

37. Dr. Joel Myerson, The Fanny Doctor

March 17, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Lot of potential patients on these lists, if ya know what I mean…..

38. Has anyone checked with Mike Miss to see if he’s started bitching about Kyle stealing his bit? Kyle should know that the tournament brackets are exclusively reserved for Seinfeld characters…

39. Sarah Baicker is this years sleeper pick.

40. Fadool Cinderella story.

41. You want me to pick who is better between Gargano and Howard Eskin? Can we vote that neither advances? That’s like asking who’s better, Sandusky or Charles Manson?

42. Jon & Seans Snow day

March 17, 2014 at 1:32 pm

“Dude can you believe we are the 4 and 5 seed on a sports talk station in the 4th biggest market in the country? Our station reaches upwards of 7M-8M people. ?” … ” I know dude our program director has to be the biggest idiot in the industry. Honestly were more suited doing overnights in Schenectady. And by overnights I mean loading trucks for UPS..

• Sean Brace's Back

March 17, 2014 at 1:50 pm

I hear ya, Johnny! Come join me a Pitchers Pub tonight in manayunk for $2 Miller lites. I’ll be trolling for some pussy. So come on down!

• Sean Braces' Skull Shaver

March 17, 2014 at 1:56 pm

I can’t take this bald d-bag anymore, please end me

43. The Faggot that Mikey Miss Emailed

March 17, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Diddy at 13 is a serious snub.

My vote is for my main squeeze Mikey to win, because hes just so god damn cute.

44. Amy Fadool should win, just because…

And Barkann v. Didinger in the 1st round is just unfair..lol

• It’s best to get that blowhard off the table as soon as possible.

• Princess Sass's finger sniffer

March 17, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Fadool will win cause she has titties that I would suck on like The Everlasting Gobstopper

• Angelo's Inner Voice

March 17, 2014 at 2:19 pm

I don’t know what that means, but she does have a nice set of cans, which often stretches her dress into ripples between them.

45. Duke Winchester

March 17, 2014 at 2:20 pm

I could totally imagine Amy Fadool doing the reverse cowgirl with those titties slapping on her chest.

46. Angelo's Inner Voice

March 17, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Don’t anybody vote for Ellis.

47. Big Daddy Graham.com

March 17, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Anyone who votes for me will get 2 tickets to my Two Funny Philly Guys show.

If you don’t vote for me, I’m gonna send you 4 tickets, so… just sayin’

48. Levy from overbrook park

March 17, 2014 at 3:26 pm

No Susie Celek or julie doronbos????

49. I can’t vote right now I have figure out more polls to run on PST. Barkann is trying to get me to run a split screen during the commercials so we can run even more Pick and Click polls. Hey gang we have 20,000 votes. 100 people voted 200 times. You don’t think we actually have 20,000 viewers. Tonight we have a great poll for you. Which hand does Jimmy Rollins pick his nose with. You can vote from anywhere, even using your smartphone while sitting on toilet.

• Angelo's Inner Voice

March 17, 2014 at 3:47 pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! (That’s how long I laughed out loud at your comment.)

Barkann has gone off the deep end, douchebaggery-wise.

• Angelo's Inner Voice

March 17, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Actually, the 2nd sentence was the funniest. (I don’t give a crapola about Jiminy Suckit.)

50. The veteran Vai Sikahema is ranked lower than Apody, Skversky and Rogers? Wow, over-dramatic douchebags abound at channels 3, 6, 10, and 29, and not just at the sports desk.

51. Why did my daddy give me this name? Im going to swallow a mega block when I get home from Second Mile…

• Mo, you don’t have time for that today. Mommy’s taking us over to dance class as soon as you get home.

• Yo big bo go fuck yourself you j.ew froed faggot bo. Im gonna shoot boogers in your cheerios like daddy shoots milk from his dink onto those fat hairy black women.

52. EJ from West Philly

March 17, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Whats poppin good brotha,make sure you guys vote for my ace boon coon,Phil from Mt.Airy.

53. Sheil Kapadia is the Louisville of this bracket at the 4 seed.

54. Where the hell is Rob Charry? I once finger popped his butthole in the bathroom of an Arby’s. Definitely an oversight by Kyle. Oh, and Sean Brace is gay, allegedly, trust me.

55. Kacie McDonnell

March 17, 2014 at 6:56 pm

How am I not in this? I have more QB DNA in me than this entire field combined!!

• Crossing Broad Moderator

March 17, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Sorry Kacie, there was a minimum IQ to enter the tournament. It would be moot to tell you what it is, because you can’t count that high anyway.

56. Kyle, not to be a dick but I made a bracket like this 2 weeks ago and you kind of stole my idea, I feel like you should either take the bracket down or give me the credit I deserve.

• Crossing Broad Moderator

March 17, 2014 at 8:10 pm

This blog is the wild, wild west of the internet. We don’t have any record of your claim, nor do we even want to keep records. Hell, we can’t even remain politically correct. There’s certainly no way we are going to “take the bracket down” because a commenter wants us to. I mean, look at the number of comments. Kyle has hit on a gold mine here!

57. I want to know why Don Tollefson isn’t in the field of 64. Shouldn’t he at least be in a play-in spot.

• Crossing Broad Moderator

March 17, 2014 at 8:02 pm

The winner will be presented with a commemorative CB t-shirt at Chickie’s & Pete’s. Since Don will be unavailable for 8 to 10 years, there was no point in having him participate.

58. Yup Kyle Alex did. I have the email to prove it. He sent it to me.

59. Colleen Wolfe looks like a burn victim

• Hey, she’s the only reason to watch those old CSN Sports Vault shows. It sure isn’t to watch 4 dopes in mullets!

60. Angelo's Inner Voice

March 17, 2014 at 7:53 pm

Where’s my last comment?

61. Ghost of Steve Fredericks

March 17, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Josh Innes’ girlfriend looks like she enjoys messy facials

62. Oook Reese can pick up his award around back

63. The best part of this post is that there’s not 1 stinking comment about frickin’ Villanova.

(Oh, dammit!)

64. SJ Dynamic Flooring

March 17, 2014 at 8:25 pm

For all of your flooring needs!
    -tile
    -laminate
    -wood
    -unbeatable prices!

65. @SteveFromPhilly

March 17, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Lynam vs Apody is brutal.
    They’re both horrendous.

66. Im a filthy rotten corpse that is currently being consumed by greasy maggots.

67. Lindros' Long Lost Ellio's Pizza Commercial

March 17, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Farzetta is my dark horse to take it all!

68. Toss the whole WIP bracket in the garbage. I’M NOT PUTTING UP WITH THEIR CRAP TODAY!

69. It’s an outrage!

70. Kyle,

For a mere $2500, I can link this contest on my All About Philly website. It’s a $10,000 value, but for a limited time, you are eligible for a 75% discount. Imagine the exposure if we can hook up!

71. WTF!!! You gave Glen Macnow a 12 seeding? That`s terrible and WHERE`S Jody Mac at? Awesome idea though!!

• Angelo's Inner Voice

March 17, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Did you read the owners’ manual? The top seeds go to the daytime radio hosts. Night. weekends and fill-ins get the scraps.(That’s why Big Daddy isn’t a #2 seed – yeah, that’s it!)

72. Pat "The Fister" Misch

March 17, 2014 at 11:23 pm

voting for a finals showdown of Howard Eskin t. vs Howard Eskin r.

73. No Sonny Hill?

74. Umm, G Cobb said he’s outta here LIKE ME, he isn’t really off the radar…..get this special team cum-in-throat fake ass linebacker Reese outta here and bring in a real linebacker, vote for G, Your Authentic Black Republican candidate.

Also, Sonny Hill, Ray Diddy, Mike Miss, Howard Eskin, even Ant are what Josh Innes is not. Josh Innes can stick a cheeto up his ass, video record it, and talk about it for half the show…..waste of life.

If Eskin radio or tv doesn’t win, then D Gunn or Amy Fadool or Sheil Kapadia better win.

I’m outta here like myself.

75. I will dedicate David Montgomery’s left nut if I win….once I pull it out of my throat.

76. Phil from Mt. racist

March 18, 2014 at 1:25 am

Since Phil from Mt.airy has gotten the boot he has to hate white people 10x more.

77. Field of 64? That is a violation. I invented the field of 64! Now let me get back to stealing Gargano’s stuff. Violation…..Classic….

78. Did anyone hear me talking about Skyler Diggins last week?
    “Homegirl is beauoooootiful”.
    I try so hard to pretend I am from the hood.

79. Anthony "I look like a fucking ape" Gargano

March 18, 2014 at 4:15 am

Do I have to take Howie Roseman’s cock out of my mouth when I accept the trophy? If you’ll excuse me I have to stop typing now, I don’t like to put my Eagles pom poms down for more than 2 minutes at a time. I’m such a pathetic, kiss ass cunt.

80. Who is worse than Hollis Thomas, a.k.a. the Rooney rule, on the radio. He does nothing but laugh at the stupid shit that Angelo and Al say. Even Rhea with her small tits doesn’t laugh as much as him. He even makes Sean Brace sound intelligent.

81. And Now a Moment from our sponsor

March 18, 2014 at 10:04 am

If Gary Papa was still alive, he would win easily.

82. Ike Reeses' coke drip

March 19, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Only hosts that are credible is Ray didinger the GOD. Rob ellis is knowledgeable, Ike Reese is a racist has been lifetime special teamer who bullys that mouse michael barkann all day long. Mikey miss is a douce bag but funny as a MOFO, Bruno and Mayes are pretty funny , but the soundbites are a little too much. Brace and marks well, they took enough for one day on here. Gargano thinks hes best friends with every athlete he interviews DUDEEEE THATS AWESOMEEEE.

83. Missanellis Brotha suit

March 19, 2014 at 7:51 pm

Get my boy Jeremiah Trotter on the regular on 97.5. He shits on that alien ike resse anyday…and he was a starter not a lifetime gatorade filler.

84. Tony Bruno FAUX

March 19, 2014 at 8:04 pm

We need less “brothas” on philly sports talk. For the simple reason anytime someone calls out a black athletes for an actual lack of hustle or heart (mcnabb) or being a DIVA, every black host gets their back up…..SEE= IKE REESE