PSMFO64 Day 10: 16 IS SO SWEET

Voila_Capture 2014-03-26_12-00-34_PM

THROW AWAY YOUR BRACKETS. THROW THEM IN THE TRASH. IT’S ABSOLUTE ANARCHY IN ROUND 2.

Your Round 2 winners:

WIP Region

Voila_Capture 2014-03-26_11-37-07_AM

Paul Jolovitz is wearing a dress and too-tight shoes and screaming with his high-pitched voice right on into the Sweet 16. He takes down Rhea Hughes and Anthony Gargano to, improbably, advance in the dance. He’s our Cinderella. Meanwhile, Al Morganti just STOMPS all over Rob Ellis, who may have been poised to bust this bracket wide open. Al says “nuh uh” and he marches closer to a Regional Final battle with Angelo, who will be in for all he can handle against Ray Didinger. A real veteran matchup.

97.5 Region

Voila_Capture 2014-03-26_11-37-38_AM

All chalk here. Totally expected, too. It’ll be Mike Missanelli and his protége, Jon Marks, with a Regional Final appearance on the line. Meanwhile, Tony Bruno and Harry Mayes will take to the soundboard to battle it out in the 2-3 matchup.

TV Region

Voila_Capture 2014-03-26_11-39-53_AM

We have a virtual tie! Neil Hartmann and Derrick Gunn, host of Gunn on One (!), both getting 50% of the vote. Neil takes it, BY NINE VOTES:

Voila_Capture 2014-03-26_11-34-06_AM

Meanwhile, Colleen Wolfe disposes of Marshall Harris. We’re looking at a Fadool-Wolfe Regional Final, me thinks.

Writers Region

Voila_Capture 2014-03-26_11-40-11_AM

Ryan Lawrence pulls off a stunner, an absolute stunner. It’s not a shock that he beat Tim McManus. But it’s a shock that he crushed him. 64-36. Tim came into the match with too much confidence. Distracted by DeSean, distract by Chip– we don’t know. But he’s going home early.

You can view the full bracket here.

On to Sweet 16 voting– today, the top half of each region.

Vote after the jump.

PSMFO6450
1 Angelo Cataldi vs. 13 Ray Didinger -- WIP Region
PSMFO6451
1 Mike Missanelli vs. 4 Jon Marks -- 97.5 Region
PSMFO6452
1 Michael Barkann vs. 4 Amy Fadool -- TV Region
PSMFO6453
1 Todd Zolecki vs. 4 Sheil Kapadia -- Writers Region

1. This is still going on? Do you think Marty Hart is still “The Yellow King”?

2. Worley's Hot Piece of Ass

March 26, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Jolly fucking blows, and I think everyone agrees. I can’t turn the channel fast enough when I hear his Mickey Mouse voice, I don’t want the .8 seconds my radio is on WIP to go into his ratings. He’s just been lucky enough to face competition that people dispise even more.

• Steve Jeltz's Cock

March 26, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Voting for Jolly Is great trolling & an excellent mockery of this field of 64. I hope that high pitched fat fucking pig wins the dance

3. Kyle Scott's Nova Visor

March 26, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Paul Jolovitz is the new Sanjaya Malakar.

4. Where’s Kacie these days? She’s been out all week.

5. Mike Missanelli's Heart

March 26, 2014 at 12:17 pm

What is up with that pic at the top of this? Is Barkann fucking whoever that is in the bunghole?? If Cataldi..a true clown..beats Didinger..the only real journalist in this mess….this thing looses what little credibility it had.

And Marks, you are going down.

• Totally agree…No Way in reality that Ray should lose to that loud-mouth Angelo. I don’t get at all how he has a job here for so long.

• Angelo's Inner Voice

March 26, 2014 at 9:58 pm

It’s his pal, Ricky Bo. I hear they’re an item.

That’s why a vote for Angelo is a vote for mainstream values.

6. PlanosGotLoveForYaMikeyMess!!

March 26, 2014 at 12:18 pm

What’s the over/under on that cranky old bastard Levi getting on with Mikey Mess again today and complaining/ spewing absolute horse-shit that he’s accepted as football acumen? Bet race is brought up.

• Martinez's Bad K-Mart Suits

March 26, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Levi is going to bring up race?? who would have thunk it. Remember: even talking about trading Jackson is a great white conspiracy, and Vick should be starter for life.

• PlanosGotLoveForYaMikeyMess!!

March 26, 2014 at 12:25 pm

By the way, the caller, I believe “Rod from Atlanta” (that always begins his calls with “Planos got love for ya Mikey Miss”) is an absolute marketing guru. while I don’t usually agree what he has to say he’s carved a space for himself with this catch phrase. Better than hearing dumbass Angry Al call up the station with his trailer park voice. By the way, if you’re a Cowboys fan, why the fuck are you hanging on to every word of a Philly sports station and need to chime in on the Eagles and Phillies? You need to look within bro, you’re a deep down Eagles fan but are in “too deep” since you committed to front running during the 90s.

• Angry Al’s voice sounds like the old white guy at the end of the bar, sipping Windsor and chain smoking unfiltered camels….not the thin, middle aged brother he actually is. But at least his voice is real, not like “Arthur”, who I really wish they would dump into Long Island Sound. Of all the contrived voices that call both stations..yes, I am looking at you, Bernie….Arthur is the worst. At least Jose from Norristown is mildly amusing.

• PlanosGotLoveForYaMikeyMess!!

March 26, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Jose was a good caller and was mildly amusing. I believe he’s been basically silenced by that giant pussy Eric Camille.

Arthur is super annoying. His voice makes you want to rip your ears out and why is he calling a Philly station if he’s located in NY and supports those teams. What good could he possibly add to a conversation?? Are these guys a team of paid callers used to lighten up conversation and add amusement? If so, move on from them and find new ones.

• Jose was silenced bc that station doesnt want to talk Flyers. This is just me speaking about it because i have heard callers try to call in and talk Flyers and they say that the guys who answer the phones make them make an Eagles point first. So by the time the Eagles point is over the hosts hang up

• John Marks' Goatee

March 26, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Jose actually made it on with Dopey Bruno and Mayes……”Whaddup Wednesday”..and usually gets on at least once over the wknd. I just wish “Arthur” would go away

• Is Jose the “Hockey action Yo” caller?

• Here we go again.

Another Flyers fan (CM) whining about nobody talking about the Flyers.

Listen up hoser…no, no come a little closer…there you go, ready?

NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT HOCKEY UNTIL LATE APRIL!

Stop your whining already.

• Sorry your simple mind cant handle other sports talk besides made up eagles garbage that 97.5 feeds you. Open up you mind to other things

• Lee from Allwntown

March 26, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Man you guys are cry babies!
        Would it kill you to actually say something positive for once. Always bitching about every talk show host & callers. Smh

• Lee from Allentown

March 26, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Mike miss should win

• PlanosGotLoveForYaMikeyMess!!

March 26, 2014 at 1:06 pm

Steve from KOP is horrible too. That guy just sounds like a loser and he’ll get on with Mayes/Bruno, wastebrace/marks, and miss throughout the week. He’s so monotone. Use an online soundboard to make your terrible points sound better man!

• Angelo's Inner Voice

March 26, 2014 at 10:04 pm

“Would it kill you to actually say something positive for once”

Lee, yes, I believe it would.
          I’m already down half a colon, so I don’t want to risk it.

• I have always kind of secretly wanted to carve out a niche as one of those callers, but I cant come up with a clever enough name. I dont want anyone I actually know to know I call into sports radio because if someone said “I heard you on Mike Miss the other day,” I would honestly hate myself, but I get secretly jealous when a guy like Al has small time celebrity status and just says random things. At the knockout game (1st annual), he was wearing a “I dont have an anger problem” t shirt. He has carved out enough of a space to where I said nothing to him and knew he was “Angry Al”
        and I was jealous
        of freaking angry al
        I also hate on Phil from Mount Airy because he make zero sound points and yet has a show and gets paid to do radio.

This post has gotten out of hand

• Big Tity Kacie McDonnell

March 26, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Haha that dude makes me lol evertime he says that to mm

7. Anyone who votes for Cataldi over Diginger should be publicly shamed.

8. Where’s Jonesy in this bitch??? What’s the line on Bruno vs Missy?

9. Tolly is out of jail. Quick, Kyle, add him to the field….

10. wip(white idiot propaganda)

March 26, 2014 at 12:45 pm

? Did sports talk get worse with more stations if the best you can do wip for feel in host is Glen macnow and eskin two guys you took off the air because let’s face it there old and tired

11. John Marks' Goatee

March 26, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Yes, I am whoring for votes to beat Mike..because Mike is the only reason I am hosting a show with this pathetic douche bag Brace in a major media market.

12. Catch a damned pass

March 26, 2014 at 1:01 pm

I’m not voting after the Innes-Cataldi farce.

Not that Kyle or any of you homos (not that there’s anything wrong with that) give a shit.

13. If you vote for Cataldi, you’re a bad person.

14. 97.5 Brotha Listener

March 26, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Mikey Miss loves da brothas and Vick should start over Foles

15. The Bald Brotherhood

March 26, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Some guy named Sean has been advertising The Skull Fucker razor on a local sports talk show. Gotta have a shiny head when he hits the clubs with his girl.

16. The ego on these Eagles reporters is out of control. Just heard someone ask Chip, “why didnt you address this sooner?” (talking about Desean). Probably bc he doesnt have to answer your speculative reports. Just bc you idiot reporter make shit up doesnt mean people within the organization have to respond to it.

• Chip’s just keeping things close to his vest to reset the market and trade that whiney stick figure away. Good for Chip. Bye, bye DeSean.

• step 3: make her open the box

March 26, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Ironically, Mikey Miss was saying yesterday how quick people are to criticize the media….(I agree with you though)

• Insert clever handle

March 26, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Hate how the media just act like it is player and coaches duty to talk to them. If they don’t want to talk who cares. If the coach was a mute and won a Super Bowl no one would care he doesn’t talk.

• Amanda hugginkiss

March 27, 2014 at 11:29 am

It is the coaches and players job to talk to the media. We can’t ask questions so they are the bridge to the fans. There are stupid questions, but it’s absolutely their duty to talk to reporters.

17. The worst caller has to be that wacko Shirley who calls the morning show ranting with her ebonix regarding the Eagles. Then Angelo gives her five minutes which makes me want to blow my brains out. Also, did anybody see that piece of ass Dawn Timeney last week on 29 with those tits. She is the ultimate cougar in Philly.

• Good call! There’s nothing more annoying on a Monday morning in the fall when my alarm goes off for work and I gotta hear that dumb beotch screaming an Eagles chant.

• step 3: make her open the box

March 26, 2014 at 1:37 pm

I agree, though she might be the only reason Levi doesn’t call the morning show, so I’ll take it.

18. Losing Faith in the Fanatic

March 26, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Marks and PieFace just spent 5 mins talking about the vending machine at work and the fact that they no longer get the expired items for free and are questioning sifting through the trash to find “untouched” chips and candy bars. Are you freakin serious? These are mid day sports talk hosts? Unbelievable

Marks is probably taking home some expired Herrs to his fiancé…did you hear he’s getting married?

• I really liked the Fanatic for a while, but it’s gotten so stale lately. Marks and Brace are flat out unlistenable, and without football going on, Missanelli isn’t all that interesting. There’s only so much talking about The Sopranos and Seinfeld I can handle. Plus Martinez kisses his ass all the time. Do Jon and Sean actually get good ratings? How can 97.5 management possibly think they are better during the lunch hours than Bruno and Mayes?

• Count me in for shutting off the Fanatic (and sports talk in general) at this point. I do like Harry Mayes but Bruno’s constant soundboard is annoying. Brace makes the noon show unlistenable, and Mike Miss is too arrogant for his own good. But once the Eagles start back up I’m sure I’ll be tuning back in (well at least the Mike MIss show, no way in hell for the noon time disaster).

19. Barkann, LOLOLOLOL the mumble mumble…

20. Grateful listener

March 26, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Thank God the frat boy wannabe’s, Brace and Marks, are gone. Dumb and dumber.

21. Uhh…you might have a problem again. I refreshed the page a few times and it looks like the vote count for the Missanelli/Marks matchup is going up about 40 votes every 25 seconds.

• There are more votes in the Missanelli/Marks matchup as of 2pm than the other three combined.

• Looks like Kyle fixed it by limiting the amount of times you can vote on that one. 17000+ votes made it in before he did though. I wonder who those votes were for. My money is on it being some anti-Mikey Miss guy and all those votes when to Marks.

22. Natalie Egenolf

March 26, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Not sure how I didn’t make the field. Angelo has it right. I’m a smoke show! Unfortunately I am stuck with a man-boobed boyfriend.

• Natalie Egenholf is not attractive. I used to work as an intern for wip and she was always around the studio. She has no rack, and no personality. Total dope. Morganti spent the whole show trying to get in her pants.

23. Bill Conlin's Ghost

March 26, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Not sure why everyone is all about this Kacie McDonnell chick…her little sister is the one to look at.

24. Tony Bruno's small penis

March 26, 2014 at 2:44 pm

My name says it all, and my brain is even smaller!

25. How about that Loser Domz in Doylestown? He just looks like a toolbag

26. Jon Marks is horrible, actually getting worse each day. And what’s with the screaming?

• John Marks' Goatee

March 26, 2014 at 4:20 pm

I am getting married..perhaps you heard me mention it every 3 seconds from 12-2 on 97.5 The Fanatic. When I am not selling Joseph A. Banks suits or Time After Time watches or whoring for votes in this stupid ass bracket. I bought the ring from Steven Singer. I love Liz, she is soo special. I have to scream to be heard over my nitwit partner.

27. Sad that some loser had to scam the voting. Pretty pathetic. Heard on Mikey Miss that Kyle said there were 6000 votes for Marks from the same IP address.

• Phil from Mt Airy

March 26, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Even sadder that weasel Jon Marks fully endorses his fraudulent victory. I hate that whiner as much as brace now. BTW, tune in Saturday to hear me squeeze in shots about how much better the Mets are going to be than the Phillies in between As Desean Jackon’s World Turns.

• how the fuck would they have those stats – nice try Kyle Scott you bullshit artist. Way to never post the rules of this stupid thing to begin with and then throw your hands up right in the middle of it claiming someone cheated. LOL what a joke this site is.

• Another internet troll “hardass.” Spew fire from that keyboard you F’n douche.

Not that difficult to see where the votes are coming from when same IP address shows up thousands of times. Then again you are an idiot. Assuming you’re this same dope from yesterday. Especially with this signature linked handle that you only think is funny.

I’m also assuming that you are the fraudulent voter since you bitch and moan about Mikey Miss everyday.

Kyle, check what IP address this clowns pathetic messages are coming from. You will find the answer.

28. If Marks wins because of some fanboy jerking with one hand and clicking him in the vote with the…….lost my train of thought there.

29. Martinez's Bad K-Mart Suits

March 26, 2014 at 4:21 pm

Fuck, another Arthur call. Fucking kill me now.

30. port richmond tommy

March 26, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Does anybody else here find bruno listenable? Harry must make bank to fake laugh every 45 seconds

31. port richmond tommy

March 26, 2014 at 6:26 pm

If 6000 votes can be traced to the same IP address, cant 5999 be discounted?

32. Isn’t it possible this is a college IP address and Marks has 6000 college students who are fans of him? Or maybe the LGBT groups banded together at their home base to vote ‘against’ Mike. Don’t count out the latently h0mo vote.

33. Tossing Broads

March 26, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Missanelli will lose.

34. Macknow's Great Burger Bonanza

March 26, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Tune in to WIP weekends and randomly during the week to listen to me, The Prof, search for the greatest burger in Philly. I’m a guy and I do guy stuff, so I know burgers. Here’s my top 10 reasons to listen, call in and see if you can guess them. Oh, and bleep The Cuz, he’s fugaze.

35. I voted 10 times. Good thing I did!

36. MICHAEL BARKANN

March 26, 2014 at 10:16 pm

GOOD PEOPLE OF PHILLY! IF NOTHING ELSE, WE CAN BE THANKFUL THAT GORILLA GARGANO HAS BEEN BOUNCED OUT OF THIS TOURNAMENT.

GOOD RIDDANCE! IT WAS STARTING TO STINK IN HERE.

(NOW, WHICH OTHER BLOWHARD CAN WE GET RID IF NEXT?)

37. Angelo's Inner Voice

March 26, 2014 at 10:20 pm

The Missanelli/Marks poll has 5 times the number of votes as the others.

Kyle! Get in here and stop this nonsense! We can’t have ballot box stuffing!

• Jon Marks' Mother

March 26, 2014 at 10:29 pm

WTF do you care?
      People dont like Missanelli and they finally have a chance to show it.
      This bracket has transcended sports media…

38. Crossing Broad Moderator

March 26, 2014 at 10:27 pm

No “kee kee kee kee” from Gargano here tonight! His sorry ass got flattened by a nights/weekend fill-in guy. Nice!

39. Where the fuck am I in this bitch????

Its a conspiracy against the black man, now, let me tell you about this one time that me and Wilt were double teaming this bitch behind the old convention center……..

40. Its only right the only person with a Penn education wins this conversation.

Actually if you get past the fact that I sound like The Queen from Mr. Rogers, you might be thankful that my alien face isn’t on tv. I look like the freaky stretched out faces from the Beetlejuice movie.

Having said that, Al Morganti knows jack shit, and he’s a Boston fan. He hangs out with Angelo, enough said.

If you want media personalities that true Philadelphians, vote Rob Charry. If you want a true Philadelphian who knows shit, vote for me. If you want a Bostonian that is absolutely horrible without fuckin Angelo of all people, vote for Al.

Angelo has NO logic. He’s a pervert. Wing Bowl is bullshit. Angelo constantly makes asinine comments about Philly Sports and he is a Yankees fan. Ray Didinger is a fucking institution, and he should win it all, unless I stab him with my nose.

p.s. Amy Fadool once sat on my face, she’s never been the same.

41. Martinez's Bad K-Mart Suits

March 27, 2014 at 11:23 am

Ok, I just tried to vote again…the first time I have tried to vote twice….and I got a red “you already voted” message above the vote. So, did the second vote count? And if not, How the fuck the the same ip vote thousands of times and I can’t vote twice??