Wayne Simmonds Fed the Racist Trolls Last Night

Voila_Capture 2014-03-27_08-44-31_AM

Total cheap shot by Wayne Simmonds on Ryan McDonagh last night. He slashed him twice across the wrist. Inexcusable. Bad hockey play. That’s where it ends. But that didn’t stop a handful of racist Rangers fans from chiming in with the usual fare. Simmonds responded to one of the Tweets:

Voila_Capture 2014-03-27_08-47-12_AMVoila_Capture 2014-03-27_08-47-34_AM

KM24 has since deleted his monkey insult. But perhaps not surprisingly, his account (@KyleManger24) is littered with Nascar-related Tweets and images. A redneck living in New Jersey, he is. He likes Henrik Lundqvist, Jeff Gordon and, apparently, mud wrestling.

That, of course, wasn’t the only Tweet about Simmer last night…

1. It is truly mind-boggling to me that people still say things like that. (What century is this???)

And I also think your “NASCAR” comment is out of line. The “redneck = racist” stereotype is lame too.

2. Steven Roberts

March 27, 2014 at 9:10 am

Leave it to the pussies and cowards to hide behind their computer. Never met a New York Giants, Mets, Rangers, or Knicks fan (there are no Knicks or Mets because they suck) that didn’t act stuck up but smelled like shit. The only time their nose isn’t in the air is when they’re banging out lines of coke off a stripper with a csection scar and cigarette burns on her arm. Next to Shittsburgh Penguins fans they’re the biggest cocksuckers of all sports. Stupid assholes. If it weren’t for Gwen Stefani they wouldn’t even know how to spell Banana. Go make some balloon animals you fucking clowns!!!

3. Trolled the weasel Anthony Carlineo Little does he know his mommy prefers da black dick.

4. So, what’s the difference between calling people rednecks and calling people spic’s or niggs?? Not much actually. It’s strange to me that we are still able to use derogatory slang terms towards certain groups of people freely without even thinking twice about it. Ya know, since it’s a horrible thing to do and all. Mama is getting the Life Buoy out son, get over here.

• step 3: make her open the box

March 27, 2014 at 9:30 am

Was just thinking the same thing. Heard a song on the radio yesterday by Kid Rock (I think) and he definitely says “drink like a Mick”.

I’m not offended, but I’m not sure how it’s not a double standard.

• step 3: make her open the box

March 27, 2014 at 9:42 am

I guess I should have said “I agree there’s a double standard using derogatory slang”

Certainly not advocating any racial slang.

• As an irishman i could get cunty and be pissed off about the term “Paddy” wagon. I choose to give zero fucks and chuckle. There’s an entire generation of men now who are over sensitive, insecure and care too much about how others percieve them and are ill-equiped to make those type of choices. .

• Kyle Scott

March 27, 2014 at 9:36 am

Probably because rednecks, unlike black folks, weren’t oppressed for hundreds of years and forced to drink from separate water fountains, ride separate buses and get whipped by white, redneck, slave owners. They’re just a group of people with antiquated views on the world.

• Mikey Miss give Kyle back his computer & you know planos got love for you

• Actually slave owners weren’t your “rednecks” Slave owners were rich white people who were high class. Usually European lineage with money to begin with Sipping tea with their fingers pointing outwards at all times… you get the picture. But hey, if you want your false view of reality to give you permission to throw around derogatory slang terms don’t let me get in your way. Sure real “rednecks” are known to carry on the racist tradition, but man it doesn’t make it ok, just because.

• You know why they’re called rednecks, right?

It’s not because they were the slave owners. It’s because they’re working out in the farms (and other outdoor work) so their necks get sunburnt and red.

So, no, the slavers were not whipped by rednecks.

• Bastardo's Giant Quads

March 27, 2014 at 9:53 am

So what about “Spic’s”? Any “minority” racial epithets are condemned, while you can shit on white people all you want. Including the Irish, Italian, and Polish that weren’t even here during any of the oppressing of blacks. And when they did come over, were discriminated against as well.

I don’t really care what anyone calls anyone, and its pretty much impossible to offend me. Just sayin’.

• Are you a daft twat or just a bigoted douchelord? There were no Italians or Irish or poles here from 1939-1964 when Public segregation officially ended in 1964 with the Civil Rights Act? Fact is you ignorant dick, that equal rights is only a few generations old at this point and if you stepped out of your ignorant bubble you might see that. And im 100% American-Italian you uppity cunt.

• RacistsAreLimpDicks

March 28, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Fuck white trash like you.

• Exactly. Whites were never oppressed just for being white in this country. Also, “redneck” is not a slur for white people.

• Read a history book

March 27, 2014 at 11:52 am

Entire ethnic groups were opressed in htis country and in europe for centuries because they were different you dope.If you’d like to point a finger at a specific group for enslaving africans point the finger at the english and the africans who are no longer around to give a fuck and leave everybody else alone. You racist!

• You grew up in the richest, whitest part of the area and went to the richest, whitest schools. Your posts on black athletes, especially Jackson, have not so subtle hints of racism in them. Every time some moron drops the N-bomb on Twitter about an athlete, you feel the need to blow it up and show everyone. The comments on many of your posts, some not even related to race, are filled with racism on a daily basis. And you continue to invite it. Why? Just for clicks?

It’s a shame you found a way to make yourself the moderator.

• 10mode jaccpot yadig etc…

• Wait, Fran Dunphy showed up, and it’s not even an Eagles thread!

Dunphy, if you’re too soft to handle the comments here, get the fuck out! No one wants a d-bag like you constantly policing for racial infractions.

Grow a set, and go with the flow. or hit the road pussy.

5. Crossing Broad Memes

March 27, 2014 at 9:23 am

Posts about unfortunate stereotyping

Stereotypes in the same post.

6. I hope that stupid ranger fan that got beat to the edge of his life outside of genos last year finally understands why….

7. step 3: make her open the box

March 27, 2014 at 9:26 am

By definition, rednecks are racist. Per dictionary:

1. an uneducated white farm laborer, especially from the South.
    2. a bigot or reactionary, especially from the rural working class.

Not that bigots or reactionaries ever comment here.

8. Steve Jeltz's Cock

March 27, 2014 at 9:26 am

Should have traded Simmonds at the deadline. He’s too much of a distraction

9. William Rhodes

March 27, 2014 at 9:43 am

Drop the reverse racism, Kyle. I’m a NASCAR fan, a highly paid professional and not a racist in any sense of the word. Don’t equate NASCAR fans with rednecks. It may be a subset, especially in the south, but it’s not the totality.

10. Wow, those tweets are horrible. They almost sound like comments I would read on a Crossing Broad post about Desean Jackson.

11. Imagine all the girls in philly that have disappointed their fathers by hooking up with Simmonds

12. Typical entitled suburban nova douche

13. I can be called a Pollock, Mick or Kraut, and that is ok. Whatever. I really don’t give a flying fuck what anyone says about me.

What bothers me is this white guy guilt i am supposed to have because, before I was fucking born, people weren’t allowed to sit in the front of the bus. It wasn’t me, people. I didn’t do it, and neither did my ancestors. Those that came before me were all poor, and didn’t live on fucking plantations with slaves.I am not saying get over it; I am saying stop fucking blaming me for it.

And, Kyle, Redneck and Cracker ARE offensive.

• So you are crying about how you don’t whine?

In your first sentence, you say you don’t care. And spend 4-5 sentences about how it bothers you. Which is it? Make up your mind. Or at least stop crying.

• Shut up you pouty mick-kraut-pollack, your tragic birthright of being born with white skin in the USA and whining about what others get offended by is offensive. Also, Cave dweller-nazi-dumb dumb.

• Wow. Thanks for bringing your special kind of brilliance to the conversation. Whatever would we have done without it.

• whoa look at friggin judge scalia smails over here. who’s blaming you for what? if you feel guilt it’s probably because you know something, like a whole class of people got fucked for a very long time and effects on that class of people have manifested in such a way that many of them are forced to survive through shit situations (see: white flight and racial covenants, capital flight, environmental racism) and do not enjoy the same privileges (see: white privilege) that others do.

yeah, maybe you or your mom or your mom’s mom had nothing to do directly with the systematic devastation of an entire race, but… i mean, maybe that feeling of guilt comes you NOT doing something about it. maybe it comes from the fact that we live in a society, and we all kind of know that society is failing certain groups of people over and over again. and maybe you feel powerless to do anything about it, or maybe you kinda just don’t like black people or people who give off that “poor minority” vibe, or maybe both.

philadelphia, the city of brotherly love!

anyway, total cheap shot by simmonds. he was frustrated obviously, it being almost the end of a game that his team needed to win, and girardi constantly cross-checking him in the back in front of the net. but still, no excuse. gotta keep your head. he will probably be suspended, which would be a significant blow to the flyers.

14. What Time Is Duck Dynasty On?

March 27, 2014 at 10:13 am

The Penguins still have a big lead over the Rangers in the redneck white trash fan department. I’m surprised they don’t have personalized camouflage Crosby jerseys yet.

15. ^Excellent, Smalls wins, go get yourself a beer and a kielbasa and sauerkraut you earned it.

• Thank you. I will wash it all down with some Tallamore Dew, and toast MmmmmmWaffles and his contribution to society.

• Pretty sure wafflesis an entitled liberal hipster dick, or, he worked for John Street. What do you think? .

• What do I think? Dangerous question. I think Waffles and Fartman have their heads up their asses.
          I work in an industry where I am the minority. I will say I am a white male, and nothing more. I have no problem with anyone who is of a different ethnic; religious; racial; socio-economic; sexually oriented; or any other group that i do not identify with.

I get along with anyone who is willing to get along with me. if you don’t like me, for whatever reason, then fuck off.

I am not here to judge anyone. Who the fuck am I to judge. Live your life.

But don’t blame me for things that happened in the past. It isn’t my fault.

African Kinks sold lower caste Africans to Europeans…and they wound up in what would become North America. It sucked. It makes me sick. But I didn’t do it. Read a fucking history book.

Not only didn’t i fuck anyone over because of race, I am pretty sure me and my kids are getting screwed because of affirmative action. Shove that up your asses.

• *Kings

• For somebody who doesn’t like to complain, you sure do whine and/or cry a lot.

• my ass IS my head. i am fartman, asshole!

so…. who’s blaming you? i must have missed that. is it that pinko commie obama? did he write you a letter saying america’s problems are your fault?

if you feel guilty then maybe there’s a pretty good reason why, is all i’m saying…

and while you’re telling to read a history book, why don’t you tell your kids to study harder?

• WhitePeopleAMIRITE

March 28, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Go back to Breitbart you generic right wing fuck.

16. What is more shocking to me then people “still talking like this” is the ignorance of “philly fans” who think that this is a “regional thing” and that people in philly would never act this way… Get over yourselves, there are just as many pieces of shit in philly as there are in new york. New York MAYYYY have more because there are more people there, but the percentages are identical.

You are not some “Special Breed”

• I went to the Blues game. There were plenty of white trash Flyers fans in the mezzanine level where I was sitting…not gonna lie.

17. There is great irony in Plully fans bemoaning a few racist tweets from loser fans when your very own star receiver is just as racist.

18. Tired of your social commentary

March 27, 2014 at 11:31 am

see you later

19. Johnnie marks and Djax are thugs

March 27, 2014 at 11:34 am

You all are clowns. And none have been in real life situations to comment on race especially the opposite kind. Go to NYC and get knocked the fuck out for being white you cocknockers. You are all dumber than a bunch of Mississippi nigs

20. Simmonds is TRASH, plays like his knuckles drag on the ice when he skates (or walks) … same people sticking up for the blecks here were loving when he called Avery a fag.

21. Say it to Simmonds face cowards. It’s easy when you hide behind your phones and computers.

22. MM..I do not believe I have done either, but think what you want. Have a nice day.

• “I am pretty sure me and my kids are getting screwed because of affirmative action.”

Sounds like whining and crying to me.

Stop all the crying and whining.

23. Wayne Simmonds is a scumbag

March 27, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Why do people care what a few keyboard warriors said over the internet safely behind their monitors? Yet no one has mentioned once what a scumbag move that is to try and injure the other team’s star player with 8 seconds left in the game because he thinks we’ll meet in the first round of the playoffs. Wayne Simmonds is a dirty classless scumbag and race has nothing to do with it.

• i’ll be willing to accept that wayne simmonds is a dirty classless scumbag as long as you accept that ulf samuelson, sean avery, derek dorsett, and daniel carcillo are also dirty, classless scumbags. every team needs someone who can handle the dirty work.

and out of all of them, i’d still want simmonds on my team because he’s actually a good (and active) hockey player. girardi couldn’t move him away from the front of the net so he started cross checking him in the back. it’s not a good excuse for the first or second slash, but that’s part of why simmonds flipped out.

24. RacistsAreLimpDicks

March 28, 2014 at 1:42 pm

The funny thing about racists is that they don’t realize they are easily manipulated clowns. Fucking republicans.

25. What a bunch of low life classless comments. Wayne Simmons is an awesome player on the best hockey team in the USA.