Apparently This Guy Stole the Hat Trick Hats, But Ogie Ogilthorpe Took Care of It

Voila_Capture 2014-04-30_10-31-43_AM

Maybe the weirdest email I’ve received:

Funny scene down on the glass in 116 last night. In the hailstorm of hats raining down on the front rows after Simmond’s third goal, one assclown started hoarding hats under his seat instead of flipping them over the glass like the rest of us. A few minutes later, after he thought he got away with it, suddenly a redhead in an Ogie Ogilthorpe jersey seated nearby administers a verbal beatdown on him. The guy flips her off and yells “Honey I can buy you five times over!”, so she whips out her phone and says “Well now you’ll need to buy Deadspin and Bleacher Report as well [editor’s note: and Crossing Broad?]”. The dude goes ballistic, all “cunty cunt” and whatnot, so she turns to all the fans behind her and yells, “This loser stole a bunch of Simmer’s hats!”. Well now some very large and pissed fans start stepping towards him, so he and his buds start throwing the hats all over while fleeing and a group of dudes in their finest Flyers jerseys literally chase him out of the arena. That’s why there was a little flurry of hats that hit the ice when the Zamboni was out between 2nd and 3rd periods. Lesson: Never mess with a Flyers redhead in an Ogie jersey.

Her photo and my photo attached

You’re not kidding, tipster. When a sentence contains a redhead in an Ogie Ogilthorpe jersey, you know the situation has gone sour. You best run before bitch gets cray cray. But I Respect the Spunk™ for sure. Good looking out, Ogie.

Voila_Capture 2014-04-30_10-31-55_AM

I blurred his face because, eh, I probably would’ve tried to come away with a souvenir, too, if I was in his position.

1. You would have what? Tried to gank a free hat?

2. Throwing your 10 to 40 dollar hat on the ice, that’s a sacred sacrifice to the hockey gods. If I was in that row this would be a story about me getting dragged out of the stadium with some of that guys scalp in my hand

3. I heard he gave up the hats when Chief Swamptown and his little tomahawk showed up.

4. Kyle, I have a great idea. How about making some Wayne Train hats? Get on it.

5. Candy from the Oak

April 30, 2014 at 10:51 am

By saying simmers the girl is probably a single mom and has her real name on the back of her winter classic jersey

6. This is the equivalent of stealing a foul ball from a kid sitting next to you.

It’s just about 100% guaranteed that one of those hats was flung by some 9 year old kid with a noodle arm from the upper deck. Bravo to the people sitting around him.

This entire hockey game last night sounds fucking crazy from a fan’s perspective. The entire crowd embraced a self policing and very darwinist approach.

Brabo.

7. Chance- VP of the GnA Falcons

April 30, 2014 at 10:58 am

She looks like an annoying cunt who is always the loudest person in the room

8. Candy from the Oak

April 30, 2014 at 11:03 am

By the look of the seat/angle it would be a hassle to get over the mesh

9. Candy from the Oak

April 30, 2014 at 11:04 am

I can see the father of her kids being black n prob in jail

10. What a fucking tool. If someone loudly brags about being rich in a public setting I think that’s pretty much the “all clear” for the peasant mob to beat the fucking piss out of him.

11. This guy is a piece of shit! If he’s so rich then why’s he taking the hats thatsome of us less fortunate people tried throwing on the ice in celebration to simmer!

• Quorin Halfdick

April 30, 2014 at 11:28 am

There are plenty of cheap rich fucks. One of the owners of a company I used to work for got caught going back to the table and skimming the community tip when someone remembered they had left their phone on the table.

12. Good job on the blurred face. He looks to be about 52 and most likely has a family.

13. Who the hell would want to keep hats from strangers? Considering some of the grooming habits, or lack thereof, of people, I’d toss that shit like it was on fire

14. That guy is alright in my book.

15. Mr. Ed Snider's Taint

April 30, 2014 at 11:21 am

Chick is definitely from delco

16. Never trust a man in a fleece vest.

17. Let me get this straight: Kyle and Scrooge McDuck in the front row both think it’s OK (or sanitary) to keep for themselves a hat someone else is ready to throw away.

18. The blurring makes the dude like NYR former coach John Tortorella … or is that just me? lol

19. I LOATHE pretentious arrogant condescending rich fucks.
    call an anonymous tip to the IRS on him and his accountant.

“AHHHHHH FUCK EDDIE SHORE….WE’RE LOSING”

“FUCK YOU RAFF”

20. I picture her looking like the band camp chick from American Pie.

21. Can we confirm whether or not this is Hanratty’s girlfriend?

22. Like buzzfeed or deadspin would want any part if this. Only this blog would find it newsworthy enough to post. On another note, most people who brag in public about how rich they are, aren’t at all.

• For the sake of the game, they oughta throw him in San Quentin.

April 30, 2014 at 12:37 pm

You’re kidding right? If that jamoke tried to leave with an armful of lids pilfered from a playoff hat trick this story would be everywhere. Kinda wish he’d tried it, what’s the record for ass-whoopings at a single game?.

23. Catch a damned pass

April 30, 2014 at 12:25 pm

True Story : I bought a hat yesterday afternoon and wore it to the game, then had to throw it. First chance I ever had, didn’t think twice.

24. Section 118 a father and son sitting and the dad took a nice looking Flyers hat for his son. Really,,,,go buy a freaking hat…those were for Simmonds jerk.

25. …no doubt this ass is a “professional”….likely an attorney

26. Good choice in blurring the guys face, since like, he can buy people 5 times over and all

27. This guy is a major douche!!!!! He doesn’t deserve to have his face blurred out. Expose him for the asswipe that he is! PLEASE!!!!!