DeSean’s Officially a Redskin

Voila_Capture 2014-04-02_07-29-51_AM Voila_Capture 2014-04-02_07-30-01_AM

YA BOI ROCCN DA RON BURGUNDY N GOLD N DA NATIONS CAPITALL OBAMA FLOW GOT DAT LAWMAKR STYLE !! MR JACC GOES 2 WASHINGTON YA HERR !!

It became official late last night. The deal is worth $24 million over three years with $16 million guaranteed, according to Forbes’ Darren Heitner. This should pretty much set off sports talk radio today– an Eagle, in his prime, going to a division rival for nothing. Here’s the thing, though: Does anyone else find it odd that only the Redskins and Raiders were reportedly interested in DeSean? Like, could you have found two more screwed up organizations willing to take a chance?

Former Eagles exec Andrew Brandt explains:

Voila_Capture 2014-04-02_07-33-36_AMThere’s risk with DeSean, it’s that simple. It’s mind-boggling why few in the football media can seem to grasp that though DeSean might not be in a gang, his gang associations with shady people are a concern. Over just the last year or so, we’ve seen him in photos with murder suspects (friend from NJ.com story) and victims (Lil Snupe– respect), and not to mention rappers who were recently released from prison (T.I.), rappers on probation (Meek Mill) and rappers who just hours earlier got into a real altercation stemming from a Twitter fight at a WWE event (Wale– on Monday!). And this is just what we know from DeSean’s Instagram. Further, he talks, tweets and does things that show his allegiance toward the Crips. All those things, combined with his attitude, chemistry and contract problems, meant the risk-reward with him became too great for the Eagles and Chip Kelly to take on.

As for the Birds? They lost DeSean (which hurts) and added Jeremy Maclin, Darren Sproles and, maybe, a top-two-round wide receiver (Mike Evans?) to what was the second best offense in the league last year. The net loss is much smaller than you think. And, really, do you expect DeSean in Washington to not end in some ridiculous fashion?

1. he’ll never win in washington

2. AMEN!! Couldn’t have said it better myself. We will be just fine without him.

3. Great article but i don’t think Mike Evans will be there with the 22nd pick as much as I’d like him to be

4. This is perfect for you, Kyle! DeSean signed with the Redskins, a team that will no doubt be covered by Crossing Broad Mid-Atlantic! Oh wait, that’s not a real thing??? Ohhh it was an April Fools joke!! Got us all with that one!!

• Kyle Scott

April 2, 2014 at 8:28 am

8:04 a.m. Do you wake up and make coming to this website to troll the first thing you do?

• No. Believe it or not Kyle, some of us have jobs that require us to get to work much before 8:00 am. I know that’s hard to believe as you read this from your bed while still in your pajamas.

And don’t be so defensive. I have defended you on this site many, many times.

• I thought to myself when I heard about the signing and saw your post, “I guess Crossing Broad’s April Fool’s joke wasn’t such a joke after all.”

5. Get da fucc out!

and take Mario Hollands with you please

• Rheal Cormier

April 2, 2014 at 8:17 am

I follow the Phils pretty closely, and I never heard of that guy until last night. How is he the only option in a tie game in the 9th???

6. How mah boi desean jaccson gonna be a crip but go to a team who mane color is red?? Fake ass gangsta!!! Desean start putting them c’s and k’s bacc together nephew now u a blood!!

7. How in the hell do you give him $16m guaranteed?

8. DeSean Jackson’s career season averages before Chip Kelly :

14 games, 55 catches , 957 yards, 4.6 TD

One season in his offense:
    16/82/1330/9

Chip thinks any fast guy will do the same thing- but without the Bullshit and $12 Mill price tag…. we’ll see.

9. Desean may not be in a gang but why do people not know that shady is in a gang…I’m from Harrisburg and it’s widely known that he’s big into gangs and may or may not be the leader of a huge drug ring

10. 3 Finger Lenny

April 2, 2014 at 8:55 am

RG111 & d Jax are both coach killers. RG3 is also a wife cheater

11. I just wish they had given him more guaranteed money.

Very disappointed in Daniel Snyder. Go [lose] big or go home!

12. Walter Sobchak

April 2, 2014 at 9:25 am

Typical Dan Snyder move. Sign the big name with the big reputation and ignore all signs that say, “This is a bad idea.”

RG III ran a hall of fame coach out of town, and now you’re giving the keys to a rookie head coach with an egomaniac, diva QB and a gang affiliated, illiterate WR, who refuses to comply with team standards as simple as showing up on time for meetings and working out.

Good luck.

• Desean Jackson did not miss a practice this past year. He didn’t miss a game either.

• Walter Sobchak

April 2, 2014 at 9:51 am

Really? Because I don’t recall seeing him in that playoff game against the Saints…weird.

I don’t think I mentioned practice here either…team meetings and workouts but not practice. Are you suggesting that the work ethic reasoning is a cop out? Because I really do think there has to be some sort of underlying issue here as well that they’re not telling us.

I’m not happy about losing a weapon the caliber of DeSean, but the guy has always been a pain in the ass and I think they’ll likely be better off.

13. Daily News is Retarded

April 2, 2014 at 9:39 am

So Jaccson officially is the 5th highest paid receiver, on an annualized basis. Yes, he makes more than Brandon Marshall now.

Wow. Love the Redskins. Keep spending that cash, won’t be ble to resign anyone when rookie contracts are up.

14. A.) Mike Vick actually was a criminal and in dogfighting ring with a bunch of thugs. That was proven. Those aren’t allegations. Did any of that make it’s way into the locker room?

B.) Just because they can draft a WR to make up for the loss doesn’t mean it still isn’t a big loss. What you fail to mention is that now that they have to pick a WR in the first round, it means one less pick they get to spend on in improving their defense. They created a need at WR that they didn’t originally have. If I crash my car on purpose and then buy a new one that’s almost as good, yeah it’s not much a net loss in terms of my driving performance, but it’s still a loss when you consider what other things I could’ve bought with that money and the fact that I created an unnecessary need.

• Walter Sobchak

April 2, 2014 at 9:49 am

Mike Vick is a different instance and isn’t relatable here. Gang affiliations aside, I think the bigger issue was Jacksons work ethic, his issues in the locker room and his issues with the coaching staff. None of his teammates defended him in the slightest and Kelce went as far as to tweet that it was a great thing.

Vick served his time and worked his ass off while he was here. As a matter of fact, I think a big part of DeSean being released was the fact that Mike Vick and Jason Avant were both cut. Vick and Avant were more or less babysitters last year and kept DeSean in line.

I’m a big dog person and hate what Vick did, but to say he was anything but a team first, class act in his time here would be completely false.

• When did I ever say Vick wasn’t a team first guy. I agree with you 100% on him. That’s my main point. I’m saying that who you associate with off the field shouldn’t matter in the locker room and on the field. It didn’t negatively affect the team in Vick’s case and it shouldn’t matter that DeSean is an Instagram Gangster. Now if you think the issues with Jackson are lack of work ethic and lack of respect for coaches and teammates, that’s a whole different story. I was just responding to Kyle going on and on about who DeSean hangs out with and saying that those issues aren’t as important and not a good enough reason to cut someone. There better be more to the story.

• what the fuck

April 2, 2014 at 1:00 pm

what the hell dude don’t you have car insurance

15. For the Eagles to PAY for him to walk away, and then go to a division rival is just stupid no matter what way you try to justify it. I am an Eagles fan and don’t like this move at all. It screws up the 1st round draft priority (Safety- Calvin Pryor) and pretty much makes you take a WR. For you to think that we will actually get Mike Evans is not realistic, Mike Evans also has gang affiliation but that’s besides the point. The way the Eagles went about this was very childish. They didn’t wanna pay him so they come up with this gang story like they didn’t already know. If you have any common sense you would know that he has been using Crip symbolism is whole career. That shit doesn’t matter to me as long as he is making plays on the field. Last time I checked he doesn’t have any felonies and does work with kids in the community but the media wont talk about that. Desean’s speed made space for everyone else on the offense, that is a fact and for the Eagles to get NOTHING for him is ridiculous. To also say that there were only 2 teams that wanted him is a lie as well. A lot of teams wanted him but many cannot afford him. If he was such a bad person why the hell would the Patriots a class A and no nonsense organization show interest in him as well as the 49ers. People are just going to accept the BS propaganda that the Eagles and media produce to try to justify their idea to release a pro bowl WR IN HIS PRIME. This isn’t the first time a great player got back stabbed by the Eagles and probably won’t be the last.

16. Daily News is Retarted

April 2, 2014 at 10:03 am

This had nothing to do with affiliations.

Chip is under the impression that any wide receiver can thrive in his system. His top WR’s, except the ACL tear dudes, had career years; and let’s be honest, Jax was overly inconsistent before Chip, and Cooper was always an afterthought of a player.

With how protected the WR is nowadays, you don’t need to drop that much cash. I’d rather see them keep Foles, Cox, Curry, Kendricks, and Boykin next year anyways.

17. 1. Start by going to jaccpotrecords.com and then going to the twitter accounts of every artist on the first page. See how many blatant Crip references are posted by everyone on that page. I did a few. There’s a ton.

2. We play DeSean twice a year. Before last season dude could barely put two good games together in a row without some drama. Not worried. The draft is thick with WR this year.

3. It’s the Redskins. Jay Gruden. RfraGile3. Snyder. They suck. My only wish was that Jerry Jones had the cap space instead.

18. Kyles a dumb ass

April 2, 2014 at 11:52 am

Mike Evans is going to be a top 15 pick, there is 0 chance that he will get picked up by the eagles.

19. Jefferson Smith

April 2, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Kyle, there’s no way Desean would include a Mr. Smith pun in his twitter/instagram posts.

• LOL, can he spell Smith? Whether or not Jackson proves to be a loss is yet to be seen. Good luck to Gruden though.