The Phillies are Running a Buy One, Get One Sale on Tickets for a Friday Night Game Against a Division Rival

Voila_Capture 2014-05-01_10-08-02_AM

Hey, it’s baseball season… and the Phillies don’t totally suck yet. But they’re already running their first BOGO of the season. Mind you, this is for a Friday night game, in May, against the Nationals, which is weird, because we’re now the Nationals.

Side note: Despite this great 13-13 start, the Phils are already in fourth place. God I’m angry today.

UPDATE: The code is Phriday.

1. G was 46th iin shots on goal in the playoffs.

2. Scouting and player development in the major leagues has been amazing the past few years. Teams are bringing up guys that are 21 and 22 years old and they are productive! If you haven’t seen Jose Fernandez pitch for the Marlins yet you’re missing a show.
    Guys are coming from Cuba, the DR, college, it’s amazing how quickly they’re being developed.
    And who do the Phillies have? A 27 year old Jake Diekman who’s scared to death to pitch in the major leagues and Cody Asche, who’s hitting .200 with one homer.
    Thanks Rube.

• Slammin Gretzky's Daughter

May 1, 2014 at 11:26 am

Our farm system went to shit once Mike Arbuckle left and Ruben started trading away all of our prospects. Not to mention, he got garbage prospects back in almost of the trades where he dealt proven vets. Cliff Lee for Aumont, Gilles, and Ramirez. Are you kidding me?

His philosophy is backwards and terrible. Stop fucking drafting and acquiring “athletes.” Get us some prospects who are baseball players.

• Captain Obvious

May 1, 2014 at 11:49 am

I don’t like RAJ either but name a prospect that the Phillies have traded away that has been a productive, major league ballplayer.

• Carlton Loewer

May 1, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Marti Wolever and Ruben suck. SUCK! Wade and Arbuckle left Gillick most of the pieces of the ’08 team. These boobs can’t evaluate talent in the draft or in a trade.

What I can never wrap my head around is why ownership hasn’t stepped in and addressed it. They had the makings of a serious annual contender. They had the city drooling and throwing their wallets at them. Sure the injuries have hurt, but how much better could we have been if they didn’t swallow Rube’s bullshit? I think Charlie was more of a sentimental favorite than a good manager, but Rube should have gone first.

3. Domonic Brown

May 1, 2014 at 10:45 am

Anyone seen my power swing laying around?

4. whats the code for this?

5. Phillies Implosion in 10... 9...

May 1, 2014 at 10:53 am

They are at .500 and they haven’t had one of “the core” go down yet.

Asche is not an MLB hitter and they have no other option.

Galvis.

The bullpen still sucks, again.

Dom Brown has vanished.

Howard swings in slow motion (when he swings).

Marlon Byrd is Marlon Byrd.

Rollins and Revere both have a .313 OBP.

Utley is Roy Hobbsing the fuck out of himself. For his sake I wish it was for a winning team.

6. This is meaningless without the code. Great work, Kyle!

7. If you sit near the dugout I’ll sign stuff. I’ll probably be there all game. And no one talks to me anymore.

8. I actually got a birthday email from them with a similar buy one get one offer. Such a sad state of affairs. #firerubetheboob

9. What’s the code? Can’t find it on their website anywhere and I didn’t get an email about it.

10. PHRIDAY

11. The Other Davis

May 1, 2014 at 11:55 am

May 2nd also happens to be Teacher Appreciation Night with several huge groups going to the game from various school districts. (I’ll be there as part of a big group from North Penn). Doesn’t that make this even worse?

12. THE CODE IS 12345