We wrote about the Phillies today because there were some interesting Phillies things to write about. Of course, some – commenters Talk About More Eagles and Real, specifically – wonder why we’re not PREVIEWING the Eagles-49ers game, because PREVIEWING games is something we usually do around here.
Kyle seriously nobody gives a shit about the Phillies,but yet you and your lapdog Jim litter your site with 3 posts when we have the Eagles vs 49ers game approaching.
I asked which fascinating aspect of the game they’d like to discuss. The response:
1) While we are just parroting WIP, why not the 49ers second half point spread this year matched up against Chip Kelly and how well he adjusts.
2) The fact that Vegas odds have the eagles losing by what? 5.5 for a 3-0 team playing a 1-2 team that just imploded and has yet to win at home.
3) Or what about the Eagles offensive line and who we go to if anyone gets injured. What is Ertz or Coopers chance of playing on the line if 1-2 people go down?
I don’t know, just spit balling here. But then again, this isn’t my full time job
Might as well get a post out of this.
Yeah, none of those things sound interesting. They are even remotely close to our typical subject matter. And they’re all nonsensical sports talk radio fodder. Alas:
1) It’s a sample size of three games, and it’s really not worth some in-depth discussion.
2) The 49ers are coming off three-straight 11+-win seasons, they’ve been in the Conference Championship or Super Bowl each of the last three seasons, and they’re home. 5.5 points, to a team that has trailed by 10 points in each of its first three games, sounds just about right. If anything, that’s an Eagles line, to me. Vegas doesn’t think the Eagles will lose by 5.5, they think that’s the mid-point for where bets will fall.
3) I don’t know. Who gives a fuck? What are the chances that Riley Cooper, Jeremy Maclin and Jordan Matthews all catch Ebola between now and Sunday? What if a duck wearing flannel and cutoff jeans flies out of Connor Barwin’s ass? The offensive line question is a hypothetical that can best by summed up by saying: The Eagles have a lot of injuries on their offensive line and that’s not good.
Anything else anyone wants us to PREVIEW? We’ll answer in the comments.64 Comments