Here’s the Phillies 2011 Stars and Stripes Hat

Kyle Scott - May 11, 2011

Phillies_stars_stripes_hat
For the fourth season in a row, MLB teams will wear Stars and Stripes caps on Memorial Day, 4th of July weekend, and 9/11.

Major League Baseball will donate a whopping $1 of their roughly $20 profit (I used to work on their site) on each hat sold to the Welcome Back Veterans fund.

The first year these hats were released, they were quickly put on backorder, as the blue design was unique and worked with most color schemes. Since then, they've released red, white, and now red and white versions. The second version – red – didn't sell nearly as well, and, thanks to New Era's MAP pricing, we had to come up with creative shipping discounts to move the hats. I'm guessing the white ones from last year suffered a similar fate. This year's version, with the red brim and backing, is a small improvement.

Want one? Here's a 10% code for you to use at the MLB Shop. Click this link and enter code vote2011 at checkout. It will take 10% off the order. A dollar will still go to Welcome Back Veterans.

• Kenny Junod May 11, 2011 at 12:50 pm

WT will love that hat

• Josh Barkstrom May 11, 2011 at 1:10 pm

What? A post on hats on Crossing Broad? What a new concept!

• Sean May 11, 2011 at 1:17 pm

I’m not sure how I feel about this one. I think you got it right Kyle, slight improvement.

• yeti May 11, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Man this hat would be cool if I were black

• Nate May 11, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Can’t wait til next year’s red, white, and blue Zubaz patterned hats to commemorate the ten year anniversary of when zubaz was cool.

• Defenestrate Wheels May 11, 2011 at 2:31 pm

i kinda like it, but i have to agree with yeti. Little bit gangster for my blood. Im rocking last years red one currently, but may go back to the standard

• Kyle Scott May 11, 2011 at 2:57 pm

It’s actually a uniform post, Josh. One of the few changes the Phillies will have to their duds throughout the course of a 162 game season. Totally relevant.

• Danooo May 11, 2011 at 3:38 pm

at the risk of sounding un-patriotic, i hate these hats, they never look good. I go with the standard red normal hat and their alternate blue/red one, most of the other ones with weird colors and patterns just look dumb.

• Iron Balls McGinty May 11, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Just wait until after the season ends and you can get theses on a clearence/closeout sale for much less. That’s how I got mine when they first started doing these hats. Hell, I gave so much to my country with my own blood, and I’m active in others vets causes, that I don’t mind that the most of the money I’m spending on this isn’t going to vets. We take care of each other despite some bandwagon corporation smugness making half-arsed gestures of charity.

• Adams May 12, 2011 at 9:21 am

The blue hats were the shit, i wore it until it fell apart. It was classy and hid the dirt, as i am not classy at all.

• Iron Balls McGinty May 12, 2011 at 4:27 pm

I liked the red hats because they looked exactly the same as the regular caps except for the logo.
    Adams, what the f*ck did you do with the hat to wore it out? Wool caps are pretty tough.
    I got a blue tee with the starsnstripes logo and the print is just right. Broken in and not too worn out. I got so many phillies shirts I have like almost a month rotation before they have to get warshed.