Couple of quick notes:
– Our friends at Philly Phaithful are just flyin’ through Ringless t-shirts. You can get yours right here.
– We will officially announce our second tailgate later today. It will be on June 25th at 3 P.M. Phillies play the A’s that night- little throwback Philly v. Philly game. There will be plenty of beer and food. Chevy, Drinkers, and others are sponsoring us. We’ll also have a couple of surprise guests there (read: professional athlete) and more. Look for a link to tickets later. $10 for the tailgate, and we’ll have a discount on game tickets, as well.
– I’m interviewing Cole Hamels tomorrow. You can meet him, too. On Saturday, June 25th (the morning of the tailgate) he’ll be at the BC Sports in the Manoa Shopping Center from 10-12. Pete Rose will be at the Christiana Mall from 2-4 that day. Go meet Cole, meet Pete, and then head over to our tailgate. Sounds like a fine day if you ask me. Get tickets for the signings here.
– As always, plenty of great seats are available for this week’s Phillies series against the Marlins. Tickets for tomorrow night’s game start as low as $23 at Crossing Broad Tickets. Take a moment to play around with the site, use it to buy your Phillies tickets. Thanks to those of you who have been using it consistently. The response has been tremendous and it helps us keep this here website running. Check it out.
– Bryzgalov tells Broad Street Hockey’s Teemu that it “doesn’t matter where he plays next year.” Nice.
– New photos of rep. Anthony Weiner on TMZ. This time, he’s standing in front of the mirror at the gym wearing a towel. No Weiner shots, however.
– Bill Lyon, legend, writes about the possibility that the Eagles will sign Plaxico Burress.
– Pippa Middleton is single again. But don’t go getting all straightened out of shape just yet. Pippa hangs with cricket players and Dukes. Your knowledge of 1980s Phillies infielders won’t impress her.
– On Friday July 15th, there will be another bus trip, this time to see the Phillies play the Mets. $110 covers party bus, game ticket, and food. Contact Nancy Nguyen for more details at Nancy Nguyen firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Phillies won yesterday, 4-3. Roy Oswalt settled down nicely after giving up three runs in the first inning.
Michael Stutes played the role of set-up man. Ryan Howard, Oswalt, and Stutes talk about it. Those brims don’t straighten themselves, Michael.
Howard says he’s not satisfied: [Delco Times]
“Where we are now, it’s good — but we’re not satisfied,” Howard said. “We’re in first place and that’s fine. But we could probably play better. We just have to go out and continue to do what we do.”
Howard and Utley are the fourth-best tandem in the league, when calculating plate appearances per run created. Not bad considering Chase took a while to come around.
While we’re on the subject, it seems we’ve been had by FOX. Nice catch by reader Shawn to notice that the fan wearing a dog costume may have been a plant. He was featured on the FOX broadcast and looks a lot like the lead character in the upcoming FX show, Wilfred.
Fans were forced to turn their “I Hate Joe Buck” shirts inside-out. Probably more on this later.
MLB might do away with divisions.
Roy Halladay and Kyle Kendrick will start in Wednesday's doubleheader. This could mean Vance Worley gets called back up for a start in Seattle.
Tonight is the Phillies ALS charity event. We can expect to see a bunch of shots of players signing autographs and looking dapper. Always fun.