Good morning. I took it easy this weekend after last week’s craziness, that’s why you don’t see a 2,000 word post on why Andy Reid should join Joe Paterno (for very different reasons) in the unemployment line. That’s also the reason you don’t see another 500 words about why DeSean Jackson is an idiot. Or why the Eagles need to completely rebuild the organization from scratch– including coaches, jerseys, fight song and even their marketing campaigns. But that last post will come today or tomorrow.
A lot happened last week and over the weekend, so let’s get right to it.
A couple of quick notes:
– Next Sunday, Ilya Bryzgalov will be signing autographs at the BC Sports in the Deptford Mall. All the details and tickets can be found here.
– It is time to focus our attention squarely on the Flyers. Good news! They’re good. Better news– eat $1 hot dogs and down $3 Jag(e)r Bombs during all Flyers games and Drinker’s locations. List of locations, specials and menus here.
– Still plenty of time to help support the fight against cancer. If you buy a t-shirt from Philly Phaithful during the month of November, a portion of the proceeds will go to fighting it. Get one right here.
We had some popular posts last week that got lost in the shuffle. If you missed them, make sure to check out:
– Creepy excerpts from old articles about Jerry Sandusky.
– Indications are that this is the Flyers’ Winter Classic jersey.
– Hunter Pence went on national TV with his cleaning lady doing dishes behind him.
– The School Philly put together a must-see video about the past week at Penn State. Caution: tear-jerker alert.
– We had one of the Penn State student reporters on our podcast last week. Be sure to check it out live every Tuesday and Thursday at 2:30 PM.
– The Economist (? yeah, we’re getting real today) says that 90% of the population in Venezuela believe that police have a hand in crimes, especially kidnappings. As you know, Nationals catcher Wilson Ramoz was rescued on Friday.
– Over-the-pants handjobs! This guy got one at the Alabama-LSU game.
– Lost in all of this, is that the Penn State basketball team doesn’t have many fans. [via @tarpey_15]
– Our friends over at The Team to Beat have a source who says that the Phillies have offered contracts to Jimmy Rollins and Cole Hamels. It’s not exactly Jim Salisbury reporting… but they’re good guys and have broken some news before. It’s worth a read.
– This Tweet from Vince Young to Jeremy Maclin on Friday is funny, if not confusing:
– Dr. Oz Tweeted a picture from the Eagles game yesterday. I don’t know about you, but any time you show me a pic of Dr. Oz and John Bolaris, I’m going to post it… and all the cougars are going to get damp:
– Jerry Sandusky still receives a pension from Penn State. Fun.
Reader Tom saw Alex Ovechkin at a bar this weekend:
in dc n ovies here-too dark for pics but wat a fuckn dirtbag. Jeans with big holes hitting on an avg lookn girl-told him flyres r going to take them down-will try to get u more info.
Of course Ovi hits on average chicks.
Finally, readers doing cool things:
– For all your political news during this upcoming election year, check out Tombosworld.com.
Reader Rob goes in on the Flyers stall tactics over on his site, HockeyIndependent.com.