Penn State Quarterback Matt McGloin Says He Didn’t Get “Punched Out,” He Was Merely Knocked Out

Kyle Scott - December 19, 2011

Screen Shot 2011-12-19 at 2.40.31 PM

You know, when I watched the Penn State-Nebraska game following a week of chaos at Penn State, I said to myself: You know, myself, if I had to choose one player on that field to punch out, it would probably that bonehead quarterback who keeps underthrowing his receivers.

Between that reality and the Spencer Pratt hair seen in this video, I’d say that not only was I right in my desires, but Penn State quarterback Matt McGloin’s receivers feel the same way.

On Saturday, McGloin and wide receiver Curtis Drake got into a skirmish in which Drake reportedly knocked out McGloin… and sent him into a seizure.

But not so fast, says McGloin.

McGloin had this to see about the incident:

"Well, I didn’t get punched out, so get your facts straight… I just told you guys what happened.

Initially I hit my head on the ground, like I said, as we were on our way to the ground, like I said, I don't know what else I can say, it was a freak accident. I smacked my head, I don’t remember anything else. Whether or not another hit was thrown while I was on the ground or not, or what the seizure came from, maybe just hitting my head on the right spot, um, like I said, I don’t know, but I did suffer a seizure from it. Um, but, like I said, I feel pretty well right now."

Yeah, he got punched out. And if he didn’t, he flipped the Pussy Card on Drake for bringing up the possibility that he was hit once he was already knocked out.

Video after the jump.

via StateCollege.com

• Jerry Sandusky December 19, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Bend over pretty boy

• Aaron December 19, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Do you just rip every single post from Buzz On Broad? Come on dude it’s a damn joke. No H/T?

• Nick T December 19, 2011 at 3:10 pm

considering Buzz on Broad wasn’t around until May 2011, and CB has won awards prior to that…I highly doubt it Aaron..go troll elsewhere.

• Adam December 19, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Look at the hair on this douche bag! he looks like a used q tip

• Adam B December 19, 2011 at 4:15 pm

PSU Football has been irrelevant for the last 15 years because of douchers like this kid playing QB.

• ThePhillyFlash December 19, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Punched out. Knocked out. You say to-MAY-to, I say to-MAH-to. At the end of the day, it’s the same damn thing. Grow a pair, Matt.

• TempleFansWantToHearTempleNews December 19, 2011 at 4:41 pm

if i had to choose one DoushBag blogger on all the internet that deserves to be knocked the fuck out because they think they are the shit, (see the reference in third person to “mr. CB”, who the fuck cares about MS and MR D-bag) it would definitely be you (thats if I was forced to pick one).
    Do you think you’re planning on mentioning Temple’s first Bowl win in god knows how long? There’s lots of philadelphia sports fans that want to read something POSITIVE about a PHILADELPHIA SPORTS TEAM like temple. Hell, they may even be happy just to hear it mentioned one time before you dive back into pedophiles-R-Us

• Kyle Scott December 19, 2011 at 5:15 pm

no one cares about temple’s bowl game other than temple folks. that’s just the truth.

• mk December 19, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Worst QB in the history of Penn State.

• Jim in Brig December 19, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I agree with Kyle. Nobody cares about Temple. What is the significance of winning a bowl game on Dec.17? You beat Wyoming, congrats, big deal. If you don’t like it then don’t visit the site.

• Iron Balls McGinty December 19, 2011 at 5:50 pm

seems like the black kid always knocks out the white kid in college sports.

• mk December 19, 2011 at 7:19 pm

People care about Temple football like they care about Villanova basketball, they don’t.

• ThePhillyFlash December 19, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Yo, IBM! That’s been the case ever since Kermit Washington sucker punched Rudy Tomjanovich.
    And yeah, Temple’s win is already long in the rear view mirror of the city’s sporting consciousness. Nobody is going to remember who won the first of some six dozen meaningless bowl games.

• Greg December 20, 2011 at 1:27 am

Matt McGloin is a pussy. Way to rep West Catholic and the PCL, knock that mother fucker out! BOOM!

• ron paul December 20, 2011 at 11:52 am