A Roundup of Some Flyers Pre-Game Quotes, and Mike Richards’ Uggs

image from www.jtbourne.com
I'm sorry

Because we couldn’t find anywhere else to put this stuff, here are some quotes of the day from Claude Giroux, Scott Hartnell, Mike Richards, and a very beastly Russian hockey player who just spit trash all over Canada.

Claude Giroux on the Blackhawks: [NHL.com

"It was one of my worst days of my life," Giroux told NHL.com. "I remember sitting here and telling myself we're just one game away from the Stanley Cup. That's what you live for, to win that Cup, and to see that we were that close, it hurts."

[CSNPhilly.com]

“Any time you think of Chicago, you’re going to think of them stealing the Stanley Cup from us,” Claude Giroux said. “Obviously it’s motivation for us to win every game. I remember last year, it was a big game for us. We won that game, but we’ve got to make sure we do the same thing here.”

Scott Hartnell: [via Adam Kimelman

“Thank god we're not playing in their building and hearing that stupid song from when they score."

Mike Richards on… California:

Screen Shot 2012-01-05 at 5.22.42 PM

Ugh. Well, I suppose that’s better than his Justin Bieber Tweet.

And this:

Screen Shot 2012-01-05 at 5.23.30 PM

And finally, this Russian hockey player talking about smoking Canada at the World Junior Championships:

Video via Barstool

• muscles January 5, 2012 at 5:40 pm

do they go by celsius in the left coast?

• Briana January 5, 2012 at 5:44 pm

he speaks more english than bob.

• bigmyc January 5, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Help me clear something up..who did his team beat?

• dennis January 5, 2012 at 6:10 pm

this beastly player is the Russian Sidney Crosby. He is the automatic 2012 #1 pick in the NHL Draft. NHL teams like Anaheim and Edmonton are tanking their seasons to get him.

• JohnnyRockets27 January 5, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Nail Yakupov is fucking disgusting. watch his highlight videos. i am seriously jealous of whoever finishes at the bottom of the NHL this year.

• matt January 5, 2012 at 6:17 pm

In Soviet Russia moustache grooms you!

• hmmm January 5, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Is it still cheating if it’s with Giroux?

• Odelayer January 5, 2012 at 6:48 pm

This dude will be hitting the bars with Carts in Columbus in a year’s time.

• Iron Balls McGinty January 5, 2012 at 7:00 pm

“Scott Hartnell: [via Adam Kimelman]
    ‘Thank god we’re not playing in their building and hearing that stupid song from when they score.'”
    I’m sure many of the BH players are thinking the same thing.

• Sue Meo January 5, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Richie sounds like he was coked up when he sent those tweets

• Jonny January 5, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Harts had a wicked ass goal tonight. Wicked.
    I was at the Franklin institute last week. I walked around the corner and “holy fuck, it’s Hatnell” Quietly so I didn’t let anyone but my cousin hear me. All I could muster was a “Hey how’s it going?” as he walked by me. He said “good, how are you?” and went on his merry way with some kids and some other people. I noted the lack of any hot girl friends.I Nodded in approval then proceeded to drag my kid away from that very hypnotic funnel you roll marbles down. Hartnell seemed to like it too. http://lockerz.com/s/171992081

• Iron Balls McGinty January 5, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Jonny,
    That must have been Hed’s http://cli.ps/ZxmDM niece(s) and nephew(s) (Lil’ Heds?) with him. He also took them to the CBP rink during the family attended WC practice:
    That was from Puck Daddy; more here:
    Laddie Boyo’s not going to be happy that you didn’t share this earlier for a new edition of “Where’s Scott Hartnell?!” hahahahahah

• Jonny January 5, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Hed! LMAO!

• KT January 6, 2012 at 12:33 am

So that explains why that Russian stud didn’t show up in the Gold Medal game…We beat Canada soooo (chuckle chuckle).
    Also, if Bob’s English is anything like this, I want 100% more Bob interviews. Hilarious!

• Mike January 6, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Good for Richie in CA. Glad to see all that sunshine is melting away that huge stick he always had up his ass. Don’t know what he’s like as a person, but as a media figure dude was always sooo boring and uptight.