The Philadelphia Passion Lingerie football team won the Eastern Conference this weekend, photo via (@SwaggerNuggets)
Good morning, Humans. The worst week in sports is over… I think. No meaningful football, no Eagles, little baseball hot stove news and no spring training yet, and several days off from meaningful hockey… all punctuated by the two worst all-star games in sports. But fear you shant– we’re just a little over two weeks away from spring training, the Flyers will begin the second half of their somewhat surprising season tomorrow night, the Sixers are still good, the groundhog will pop his furry head out of a fucking hole on Thursday, and, of course, the Super Bowl is this Sunday. We can see the light. Almost.
Let’s hit it.
But first, a word from our sponsors:
– Beer. Haircut. Man facial. Scalp massage. Visit American Male, a full-service salon for guys in Center City, Berwyn and Reading that has been helping men look their best for over 12 years. Visit AmericanMale.com or call 877-636-4247 to schedule an appointment. Just mention Crossing Broad to save $10.
– Signup for great daily sports and fitness deals at SportFitDeal.com. Better yet– if you signup by tomorrow, January 31, you’ll be entered to win two FREE Flyers playoff tickets. So, um, what are you waiting for? Takes two seconds.
– Drinker’s Philadelphia now features $3 Soco and Lime shots every Sunday until 8 p.m., and you know what this Sunday is… head to Drinker’s establishments, they’re a great place to watch the big game. Click here for details and locations.
– Want to meet Sean Couturier, Jaromir Jagr, and Danny Briere? Sure you do. They’ll all be signing autographs at BC Sports. Couturier at the BC Sports in the King of Prussia Mall on February 15 from 6:30-8. Jagr at the BC Sports in the Manoa Shopping Center on March 2 from 6-8. And Briere is at the BC Sports in the Moorsetown Mall on March 7 from 6:30-8. Details and tickets here.
– Philly Phaithful is the local leader in Philly sports apparel. Must-see shirts include Knock Knock, Another Win, an homage to the Flyers’ Mac Miller anthem, and Steel Shitty? Real Shitty. Get one here.
– Scott Hartnell delighted us all last night with his Suck it, Phaneuf on CBC.
– Sean Couturier and, sadly, Patrick Kane won the evening at the All-Star Skills Competition.
– Sixers! The team inquired about Amare Stoudemire, but it’s being classified as “due diligence.”
– The Sixers report soaring ticket sales and TV ratings.
– Random, but strange. The College of Charleston basketball coach left because of a mysterious medical problem.
– Oh look, Marcus Hayes wrote something that wasn’t awful about the Marlins challenging the Phillies in the East.
– Our ad network, Big Lead Sports, was sold to USA Today. Here are some interesting details about the blurring of lines between new and old media.