Good day! Back from a brief (and week-delayed) trip to Clearwater. Sun, beer, a boat, and a seat in front of Ruben Amaro and Ed Wade during Friday’s Phillies-Yankees game. You can expect a detailed and lengthy blog post on my eavesdroppings from those two hours later on. But for now, let’s hit it.
But first, a word from our sponsors:
- FAMILY GUY QUIZZO. Tomorrow night. Drinker’s West (39th and Chestnut). It’s going to be crowded, so get there early. Details and location here.
– This one isn’t a sponsor, but more important: A little girl named Emma needs a liver transplant. On Saturday, June 9 there will be a benefit at St. Kevin’s Parish Life Center in Springfield for her and her family. Tickets are $30 in advance, $40 at the door. If you can’t make it, you can buy a raffle ticket to win a 4-night stay at a Wildwood condo, or you can donate items for an auction. Your help is very much needed. All details can be found here.
– Philly Phaithful has just launched its new line of baseball t-shirts for the 2012 season. Get the wildly popular Cholly-San shirt to commemorate Charlie’s days as a ballplayer in Japan. 3-packs available for $50. Shop here.
– Ilya Bryzgalov signed autographs at BC Sports yesterday.
Their next signing will be with Matt Read, tomorrow night at the BC Sports in the King of Prussia Mall from 6:30 – 7:30. Details and tickets here.
– Make an offer on INSANELY cheap, below face-value tickets for upcoming Flyers and Sixers games. Get in for as low as $18, sit in the first level for as low as $30. Must-click link here.
– Phillies beat writer Matt Gelb, like us, is skeptical about the Phillies’ message surrounding Chase. Others that I’ve talked to think that, at least when it comes to Chase, the team is at the whim of of the very private Utley.
– The Phillies may be interested in Ramiro Pena of the Yankees.
– A Hooters girl struggled with this grounder at the Phillies-Yankees game.
– Will Smith takes the podium to congratulate Doug Collins on his 400th win.
– The very important Eagles cheerleading tryouts photo gallery.
- Xfinity Live! opened for a preview this weekend:
The venue will officially open next weekend, but a brief text message review from our Ryan Gillon, who was in attendance this weekend: “absolutely incredible.” I’m 99% sure he was drunk when he sent it. That’s a good thing, though.
– An insane tidbit on Bryz: With tonight’s game included, Ilya Bryzgalov has now allowed two or fewer goals in 11 consecutive starts. Per the Elias Sports Bureau, he is the first Flyers goaltender to do that since Bernie Parent did so in 11 consecutive games from Dec. 8, 1974 to Jan. 4, 1975.