John Tortorella Also Thinks That The Penguins are a Bunch of Whiny, Arrogant Shits

Screen Shot 2012-04-06 at 9.45.27 AM

You may recall that, earlier this week, both Mike Milbury and Craig Berube basically called the Penguins a bunch of whining sissy vaginas (I’m paraphrasing). Milbury has since half-heartedly backed down from his comments, but The Chief has not.

Now you can add Rangers coach John Tortorella to the mix.

In the final minutes of last night’s 5-2 Penguins win against the Rangers, Brooks Orpik extended his leg, causing a knee-on-knee collision with Derek Stepan, who crumbled to the ice in agony [watch it after the jump].

After the game, Tortorella was asked for his thoughts on the hit. You're going to notice a theme here.

Concerned for Derek Stepan, on the hit, the knee-to-knee?

"Absolutely. It’s a cheap, dirty hit. I wonder what would happen if we did it to their two whining stars over there? I wonder what would happen. So I’m anxious to see what happens with the league with this. Just no respect amongst players– none. It’s sickening."

Why do you think that happens, a play like that?

"Ask the guy who did it. Ask him. It’s one of the most arrogant organizations in the league. They whine about this stuff all the time, and look what happens."

Any update on Stepan?

"I haven’t talked to Rammer. It’s ridiculous. But they’ll whine about something else over there, won’t they? Starting with their two fucking stars."

+1, John Tortorella. +1.

Videos after the jump.

H/T to (@JBer89)

• Chris April 6, 2012 at 9:56 am

Brooks Orpik is a scumbag. John Tortorella is officially OK in my book…until we play him in the playoffs.

• Andy (San Diego) April 6, 2012 at 10:02 am

Dirtiest team in hockey.
    Can’t wait to send them home crying.
    Hope someone checks Malkin through the boards.

• b April 6, 2012 at 10:04 am

Wow what a dirty fucking play…Pittsburgh needs to be stopped with this bush league bullshit

• Andy (San Diego) April 6, 2012 at 10:04 am

Hate to say it, but I like Torts.

• LOL April 6, 2012 at 10:04 am

Damn, Tortorella got his $10,000 worth in this press conference. I’m glad teams are starting to call out the Penguins, I just don’t think it will change anything.

• Kyle April 6, 2012 at 10:05 am

I know it’s “dirty hockey,” but I would love for Jody Shelley to make a run at Neal, Staal, Malkin, Crosby or even one of their second tier stars. Although, I’m sure Malkinstein & Cindy Boo-Hoo won’t dress, but they have to put a team out there. Shelley, go head hunting. They deserve it.

• KB April 6, 2012 at 10:17 am

• G April 6, 2012 at 10:17 am

Can we sign Jesse Boulerice to a 1-day contract?

• OneManWolfpack April 6, 2012 at 10:22 am

Wow. I fuckin hate the Rangers and Tortorella but that was some good stuff. Everything he said was true. I want a B team out there Saturday and just to out and kick some ass. Cheap… clean… I don’t care just go trash those whining little bitches from Shitsburgh.
    And yeah it won’t change anything but I’m glad other teams are saying stuff. I just hope he doesn’t apologize like NBC (prolly) made Milbury do.
    Now all the Flyers have to do is win the series.
    Flyers in 6

• ThePhillyFlash April 6, 2012 at 10:37 am

OneManWolfpack: I don’t see Tortorella apologizing for what he said. He’ll take the bullet and pay the fine in order to make his voice heard, especially after one of his players had been hurt, and needlessly so from what I had seen in that video. My respect for Pittsburgh had already been low before last night, now it’s sunk to a whole new level.
    While I’m one of the very few hockey fans who doesn’t endorse brawling, but since tomorrow’s game won’t have any effect on the standings (I wouldn’t be shocked if Dan Bylsma goes the pussy route and doesn’t dress Crosby and Malkin), I’m hoping the Flyers open several kegs of whoop-ass on the Pens, just to put them in their place.

• Kyle April 6, 2012 at 10:39 am

I’ve always liked Torts, even with Tampa and the whole SHUT YOUR YAP thing years back. He’s just an honest, no bullshit dude.
    At this point, you have to respect him even if you don’t like him or the team he coaches. He won a Cup and is proven to be a great NHL coach. As a Flyers fan you may not like him, but deep down, the dude is pretty cool. Tells it like it is. He’d be a great Philly coach.

• FroBalls8786 April 6, 2012 at 10:42 am

I want to hate Tortorella so badly but he makes it so difficult. He’s Lavs on Xanax.

• MM April 6, 2012 at 10:42 am

Nice to see the rangers, namely Stepan’s linemates are a bunch of cunts, you’re losing 4-1 with 5 minutes left and you don’t go after orpik?

• KB April 6, 2012 at 10:45 am

@MM I thought the same thing when I was watching the video. Why didn’t anybody go after Orpik??

• Steve April 6, 2012 at 10:46 am

Gotta love (respect) Torts.

• boom April 6, 2012 at 10:49 am

@penguins fan who goes to temple
    apparently you’ve never seen a clean hit.
    also get back in the kitchen.
    thanks

• Adam April 6, 2012 at 10:50 am

Here’s what we need.
    We need to sign a bunch of goons who can barely skate for one game. Hell, even get a goalie who is an escaped convict. Don’t ice any of our real players until the playoffs start because the Pens are going to use the last game to give themselves an advantage. I swear if someone goes dirty after giroux I’m going to Pittsburgh with a flamethrower and burning innocent people alive.

• Chunk April 6, 2012 at 10:58 am

^^^ Great post Adam

• Jonathan Davis April 6, 2012 at 11:31 am

“I hope the Flyers all renewed their hunting permits, because it’s Penguin season.” – love it

• Jonathan Davis April 6, 2012 at 11:33 am

Can’t wait for this series, it will be extremely satisfying to knock them out and also give Crysby a shot straight to the baby maker (his ovaries).

• Dangle_this April 6, 2012 at 11:37 am

“I swear if someone goes dirty after giroux I’m going to Pittsburgh with a flamethrower and burning innocent people alive.”
    Do that, and the Flyers won’t have to order their ribs from Dee Jay’s…

• Penguins Fan Who Goes to Temple* April 6, 2012 at 11:56 am

Bunch of crybabies & pussies. Can’t wait to beat the rangers in the conf finals & shut that whiny bitch torts up.
    -The Penguins Fan who goes to Temple
    Often imitated but never outclassed

• Penguins Fan Who Goes to Temple* April 6, 2012 at 11:57 am

@Jonathan Davis- are you still all fucked up looking??

• shawn coombs April 6, 2012 at 12:11 pm

only thing i see is the Flyers wouldve went right after him….. Rangers dropped the ball there

• MM April 6, 2012 at 12:33 pm

So yjier’s a punk trait in the penguins and some pussy in the rangers (see shelley vs, rupp)…kinda gives Lavy a blueprint hopefully he’s taking notes.

• MM April 6, 2012 at 12:34 pm

*thier’s

• J.T. April 6, 2012 at 12:54 pm

You corrected yourself… to STILL screw up the spelling AND grammatical use of “there, their, they’re”…
    Claps, slowly.
    Never seen that level of incompetency in one post. Well done, MM.

• MM April 6, 2012 at 1:04 pm

thank you J.T.

• Skippy April 6, 2012 at 1:43 pm

@PenguinsFanthatlovesmen…
    Suck it, dip shit
    Philadelphia Flyers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins overall record:
    141 W – 88 L – 30 T ( 943 GF – 794 GA )

• 3 Finger Lenny April 6, 2012 at 2:19 pm

I saw torts in Hampton beach last summer rocking a speedo.

• Rob House April 6, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Torts is a fantastic coach. Got to agree with him here
    Can’t wait to see Chirp break down the hit. (he’ll probably add how he was at the game)

• what? April 6, 2012 at 2:40 pm

i’ve always loved Tortorella.
    Especially after he got in one of his players faces quite a few years ago.

• David S. April 7, 2012 at 12:45 am

nobody commented that it ended up costing him 20K. what a bunch of shit..I guess since it was post game, but if I were Craig Berube, I’d be expecting a fine. but it also proves his point Pittsburgh is for some reason untouchable in the NHL.

• Chirp April 7, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Didnt watch the game…but he was right on…
    House your a Rangers fan…that’s why you love him.

• PENS4LIFE April 9, 2012 at 10:43 am

LOVE the comments about Malkin and Crosby not dressing and how they are pussies blah blah blah…how about Giroux? Fucking pussy is the leader of the team and didn’t dress? What does that say? Exactly, thats what i thought.