Good morn, minions. Largely a pictorial for your Monday Morning roundup on this slightly cool – dare I say fall – day.
Let’s hit it.
But first, a word from our sponsors:
– NHL 12 TOURNAMENT. September 11. 8 p.m. Drinker’s West (39th and Chestnut). Winner gets a copy of the brand new NHL 13, which will be released that day. Just show up prior to 8 p.m. to sign up. You can also hold your fantasy football draft at Drinker’s West– $20 per person, all you can eat wings and tacos. Click here for the detalicals.
– See intense MMA action up close and personal. Get tickets to see the New Breed Fighters on September 8 at the Tower Theater. They start as low as $30.
Congrats to reader Brian, who received two free tickets thanks to his question about which Philly athlete Andrew Bynum most closely relates to. Brian, check your email.
– On that same day, September 8, meet Carlos Ruiz at the Sports Vault in the King of Prussia Mall from 11-1. Details and tickets here.
– The folks at Philly Phaithful have launched their all-new line of Eagles gear. Shop all of it here.
– Jonathan Papelbon’s post-game interview on Saturday was awesome.
– Paul Holmgren ambles along the beach in Avalon:
Pic via reader (@Jaywalkin33)
– Today in Ryan Lochte, Douchebag:
– TOMMY GREENE hanging with people at Busch’s in Sea Isle:
Pic via (@Root_em_in)
– Things that are totally not shocking: [Philly.com]
According to SportsOneSource, a Maine firm that monitors the sale of sports-related merchandise at outlets other than ballparks, the purchase of Phillies-related products has declined by 60 percent.
“They’re still No. 2 behind the Yankees,” Matt Powell, the company’s chief retail analyst, said Friday. “But their share of the market has fallen from 16.2 percent to 8.9.”
Even at the ballpark, though the team does not release such figures, Phils officials conceded they’re selling less of practically everything but the quirky Phanatic caps and Carlos Ruiz merchandise.
– Melky Cabrera created a fake website to get out of his 50-game suspension. It didn’t work.
– Finally, NBC and Philly Media Network continue to pimp out Sheena Parveen for the sake of viewers and page views (pot, kettle).
Last week, Sheena was on the cover of the Daily News. On Sunday? A section of the Inquirer. And a web-exclusive video. If this doesn’t feel like the start of every Girls Gone Wild video ever, I don’t know what does. Jump it to see what I’m talking about.