Kyle Scott - March 31, 2013

Howard_lee

So just another Saturday night in Center City with friends when OH MY GOD HEY THAT’S RYAN HOWARD AND CLIFF LEE WALKING DOWN THE STREET IN EVERYMAN HOODIES.

Whatever.

My buddy Steve and his friends were coming out of a bar at 15th and Sansom late last night when they bumped into Howard, Lee, and their wives, Krystle and Kristen, walking toward a parking garage. The unexpected encounter with $245 million worth of human produced some drunken bromantic excellence.

Steve, not a small man by any stretch – north of 6’0” and 200 lbs every day of the week – had his hands dwarfed by Lee's in what is now my favorite picture ever. Behold Cliff Lee’s hands:

Stevey_lee

In the morning, Steve was still reeling from his Dooneese moment:

Steve_screen

Howard and Lee, and their wives, were plenty friendly, posing for several pictures before heading home, which would have made for a good Saturday night for any Phils fan. But the hang 10 signs, saggy eyes and matching hoodies were all just bonuses from an encounter with two superstars on the eve of the 2013 season. Swooooon.

A couple more pictures after the jump.

Howard_mooney

Howard_mooney

• Sally4th March 31, 2013 at 1:58 pm

How totally cool! Cliff looks a little toasted, LOL! I love this team and I hope they have a good season despite the naysayers.

• rellis April 1, 2013 at 10:52 am

Yes, he does.

• TimmyT March 31, 2013 at 2:03 pm

“I’m going to punch you in the diaphragm”

• Alex March 31, 2013 at 2:08 pm

I think this is one of the big reasons that this team has taken over the city, their likability. They seem like regular guys and seem to genuinely enjoy the fans! I can remember Phillies players of the past where this was a completely different feeling.

• Scott Kyle March 31, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Wow Kyle, You know its the weekend right? Your doing way to much updating this weekend on the site. Props for once..

• dual band antenna March 31, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thanks, However I am having troubles with
    your RSS. I don’t understand why I am unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody else having the same RSS issues? Anybody who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanks!!

• Strugz March 31, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Cliff Looks like he had a great Sat. night.

• Todd April 1, 2013 at 12:48 am

Sweet dude..how come you aren’t calling them a bunch of drunks (Richards and Carter) then piss and moan when they are traded?

• GS test April 1, 2013 at 2:24 am

Man Crushing: These Guys Bumped Into Ryan Howard and Cliff Lee in Center City on Saturday Night | Crossing Broad

• Work From No Home review April 1, 2013 at 4:21 am

Ηello, I think youг blog mіght be having browser compatibility iѕsues.
    When I loоk at youг blog ѕite
    іn Сhrome, it looks fine but when oρening in Internet Explοrer,
    it has some oѵeгlapping. I just wаntеd to gіve you a quick
    heads up! Other then that, aωesome blоg!

Нerе is mу blog: Work From No Home review

• Your Mother April 1, 2013 at 9:01 am

Lee could turn me, your mother, into a meat mitten with those hands any day.

-Your Mother

• MattyC63 April 1, 2013 at 9:23 am

is that the moon daddy???

• Eric April 1, 2013 at 10:01 am

Glad to see them in a good mood getting drunk w/us locals.
    I was standing in line @Yogurino last summer w/Cliff Lee after his first home win of the season earlier that day, and he looked so intense that I was too intimidated to say hi. His eyes could’ve shot lasers! I like seeing happy Cliff much better.

• Mike Smeck April 1, 2013 at 10:53 am