Brian McCann Pulled off the Greatest Brawl Move of All-Time Last Night

Kick him in the belly! Kick him in the belly!

Kick him in the belly! Kick him in the belly!

When I think of Brian McCann, I THINK OF HIM ABSOLUTELY KILLING THE PHILLIES and looking like a male librarian at the local high school. But I absolutely love this move by him– not letting Carlos Gomez cross home plate after jawing with Braves while rounding the bases on his colossal home run. Fight me, and you get home.

It’s like a boss level in a video game. Sure, you may have hopped on those little Koopas while circling the diamond, but now you have to earn your right to screw the princess. Like, from now on, I’m going to think of McCann as a 100-foot tall monster that guards home plate by spitting chew at you, and the only way to defeat him is by sticking your spikes in his pudgy little belly until his catcher’s equipment is ripped away with advanced animation techniques and his little tiny outie is kicked in by a metal cleat. I could see Chase doing this.

Video after the jump.

And yes, my world is really fucked up.

• JD September 26, 2013 at 12:18 pm

I love Chooch and all, but goddamn would I love to see McCann in a Phils uniform next season.

• TigolBittie September 26, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Because the Phils sure need more old left-handed players on the decline with expensive contracts.

• Mike M. September 26, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I can’t stand the Braves, but that’s spectacular. There are some times when I’ve seen McCann as a bit of a “blow hard” and a major drama queen but, in this case, it’s absolutely warranted.

• blue89 September 26, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Agreed. Gomez was being a total prick. Wahhh you hit me with a ball now I’m going to revert to child mode.

• Andy Schreiber September 26, 2013 at 12:21 pm

OK, I am now a big Brian McCann fan.

Don’t care if he’s a left-handed hitter – the Phils should sign him to platoon with Chooch. 😉

• threadkiller September 26, 2013 at 12:21 pm

gomez shoulda coldcocked him.

• Jeff Wagner September 26, 2013 at 4:33 pm

McCann gave Gomez the opportunity to fight…Gomez backed down and he should have backed down. He embarrassed himself with his behavior rounding the bases…he embarrassed himself by never crossing home plate. If he had touched McCann, he would have been embarrassed even more when they carried him off the field. Hopefully, he learned a valuable lesson called sportsmanship.

• JohnMatrix September 26, 2013 at 12:23 pm

fuck the braves. fuck brian mcann, fuck freddie the fag freeman. i hate that team. i always have, i always will.

• bugheav24 September 26, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Maholm drilled Gomez earlier in the year. Freddie Freeman and the dugout were yelling shit the whole tome. McCann is a drama queen, how many times can he going to be the “unwritten rules” enforcer?

• Ugh September 26, 2013 at 12:30 pm

“drilled him” with an 88 mph pitch in the leg? i think thats being a little dramatic

• bugheav24 September 26, 2013 at 1:05 pm

how about you go sign up to get hit by one? then hit a bomb against that same guy and not talk shit.. impossible

• Ugh September 26, 2013 at 1:07 pm

yeah ive been hit with an 88 mph pitch before because unlike you i made it passed little league

• bugheav24 September 26, 2013 at 1:14 pm

good one hardo

• lurn too spel September 27, 2013 at 2:45 pm

is passing little league an accomplishment? I dont think anyone sits there and tries to stop you.

• BrianG September 26, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Words cannot describe the awesome. Why can’t we get players with fight in them for our teams? I’m officially a big Brian McCann fan now even if he kills the Phil’s.

• FACE September 26, 2013 at 12:30 pm

McCann is a fucking beast.

• Vic Vinegar September 26, 2013 at 12:33 pm

This is the behavior I expect from a guy with the last name Gomez.

On another note, why do so many baseball players have such fat asses and run like someone who doesn’t play sports?

• killer rabbit September 26, 2013 at 12:34 pm

This McCann act, while cool here, is getting a bit old. We get it – you are old school, yadda yadda yadda. Of course McCann did the right thing in this case but from what I hear, he’s increasingly disliked by his teammates and is slowly wading into AJ Pierzynski territory.

His presumed acquisition has Lance Parrish written all over it.

• ThePhillyFlash September 26, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Whoa! It’s not everyday Lance Parrish is mentioned, and with good reason. McCann’s roadblock number didn’t impress me in the slightest, Gomez should’ve just kneed him in the balls if he wanted to touch home plate. If that had been an NHL game, gloves would already have been dropped and fisticuffs well underway. Baseball players are pussies when it comes to the really tough stuff. Meanwhile, I agree that McCann isn’t worth the trouble, mainly because he’d be yet another lefthanded bat in this increasingly stupid lineup of ours.

• chris September 26, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Baseball players are such pussies anymore. If someone disrespects you like that, you punch them in the face. I cant stand how shit like this gets called a “brawl,” when there isnt one punch thrown. While im on topic, Nolan Ryan vs Robin Ventura was probably the best shit ive ever seen.

• ejaculation supremacy review September 26, 2013 at 12:39 pm

I know this website gives quality based articles or reviews and other information, is there any other website which offers these
    kinds of data in quality?

• 1,2,3 strikes you're Howard September 26, 2013 at 12:52 pm

McCann has done this twice in the past few weeks. Go eat a twinke. Douche! and Freeman, he was jaw-jacking the entire time.

• Keepin' it Real September 26, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Agreed. He think’s he’s some kind of ambassador of the game or some bullshit. Dude needs to just the fuck up and play the god damn game.

• Slammin Gretkzy's Daughter September 26, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Man, where there even 100 total fans at that game?

• Slammin Gretkzy's Daughter September 26, 2013 at 1:02 pm

*were

• Keepin' it Real September 26, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Fuck the Braves and fuck Brian McCann and his “mightier than thou” old school bullshit. Seriously. And what a shitty fan base they have down there, look at how empty that place is. And they’re going to the playoffs!

• Ben Yo September 26, 2013 at 1:06 pm

If you watch closely, you can read Gomez lips. “What’s this day of rest shit? What’s this bullshit? I don’t fuckin’ care! It don’t matter to Jesus. But you’re not foolin’ me, man. You might fool the fucks in the league office, but you don’t fool Jesus. This bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man – ha ha! I would have fucked you in the ass Saturday. I fuck you in the ass next Wednesday instead. Wooo! You got a date Wednesday, baby!”

• killer rabbit September 26, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I’m not one to make a big deal out of attendance but the crowd at that game was pathetic. Sure, it was a rainy, late Sept. school night but did anyone go? This wasn’t the Phils-Mets. The Braves are challenging for the best record in the NL and are prepping for the playoffs.

We know Atlanta fans are historically bad but the Braves are a playoff team for Christ’s sake. There were 10k more people in San Diego for the Padres-DBacks game of eliminated playoff teams than there were in Atlanta. According to the box score there were 500 more people in Atlanta than in Miami for the Phils-Marlins game. When you are barely outpacing the Marlins, things are bad. And it was a late-Sept school night in Miami, too.

• ThePhillyFlash September 26, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I’m not surprised. The Braves have always shit the bed when it came to home attendance, even back in their glory years during the 90’s when they won division titles umpteen straight years. Atlanta fans are either apathetic or frontrunners, or both. The only thing they really care about is college football.

• Whoops September 26, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Good thing mccan and the braves are policing the league. We wouldn’t want any players to show any type of personality. There is definitely no place for that in this league. Everyone needs to stay stuck in the past and follow unwritten rules. You know what, to hell with sabermetrics too the only stats that matter are wins and rbi’s.

• Widd Kid September 26, 2013 at 3:31 pm

I’m jealous of the 40 fans there that got to see this in person.

• Steve September 26, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Brian McCann should grow a his beard out and etch the unwritten rules of baseball into two stone tablets on top of Mt. Sinai. Until he does so, he and the Braves should stop taking themselves so seriously; it’s clear that their fans don’t.

• @kingofbluebell September 26, 2013 at 6:17 pm

So boss.

• brandon arechavala September 26, 2013 at 7:39 pm

LOL CarGo has the look of roid rage in those eyes…. that explains a lot