Here’s the Entire Email Exchange Mike Missanelli Had with a Listener

Deadspin ran one side of an email exchange a 97.5 listener had with Mike Missanelli in which Missanelli repeatedly called the listener a “homosexual.” It’s not a good look for Missanelli, someone who spent a lot of time talking about Riley Cooper’s prejudices based on the things he said.

The person who sent the emails to Deadspin, “j j,” contacted me more than two months ago, in late November, claiming to have emails from a notable local radio host – didn’t say who – containing “bigotry-filled” language. He asked if I was interested, and I said I was. He said he wanted to explore legal options before disclosing the name or emails. I asked him for the name of the radio host, but he never gave it to me. He told me he would follow up. He never did.

I followed up with j j today, after Deadspin posted their story, and he sent me the entire email exchange with Missanelli. Deadspin says they only have the Missanelli parts. [UPDATE: Deadspin updated their story with j j’s side.] J j told me he felt running the emails on Deadspin would have a bigger national impact (quite accurate). It doesn’t seem like he sought out to bait Missanelli, at least initially, but the fact that the email exchange continued more than two weeks after he reached out to me and that he went to the largest outlet he could find, it’s clear that there was some degree of trolling here. That doesn’t necessarily excuse the responses, though.

Missanelli declined a request for comment. A separate request sent to 97.5 was not immediately returned.

Here’s the full exchange, or at least both sides of what j j provided, in reverse [sorry for the bare bones formatting here– I’m working off an iPad sans power today]:

> From: [Mike Missanelli]
> To: [j j]
> Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 11:33:07 -0500
> Subject: RE: RE:
> Dude, you’re a total loser. Anybody who puts THAT much effort into being obsessed with another guy due to professional jealous has MAJOR problem. Couldnt get it up last night again, eh? Give in to your homesexuality bro.
> ________________________________
> From: j j
> Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 2:39 AM
> To: Mike Missanelli
> Subject: RE:
> Hahaha. You have no intuition or feel for people whatsoever. If you did, you would know that a guy that speaks articulately with expansive vocabulary would never be a broke computer fix it man. Do a better job observing. My date went well. Prick.
> > From: [Mike Missanelli]
> > To: [j j]
> > Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 16:54:34 -0500
> > Subject: RE: RE:
> >
> > Dude, you’re a total fucking fraud. You fix computers. End of fucking story. Plus you are a lonely loser. Have to be to be so obsessed and jealous of me. The unfortunate part about your “date” tonight is that obviously she’s going to be embarrassed when you can’t get it up because you’re a closet homosexual. Just give into it bro to avoid the embarrassment.
> > ________________________________
> > From: j j
> > Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2013 4:37 PM
> > To: Mike Missanelli
> > Subject: RE:
> >
> > Yeah. Because everybody would lie and say they are a computer security specialist. You have no intuition or knowledge, no street smarts whatsoever. When you become rich you can take quick southwest airline day trips too. Tell you what. ill send you a nice brisket that I buy from Franklin Bbq tomorrow. Hahaha.

> From: [Mike Missanelli]
> To: [j j]
> Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 11:00:20 -0500
> Subject: RE: RE:
> Family dinner was yesterday douche bag. Headed out now. Blue Bayou. And you? Lemme guess: trying to find another hooker you think you can have sex with only to come up impotent again because you’re really homosexual and in denial? Yeah, got that about right…
> ________________________________
> From: j j
> Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 6:19 PM
> To: Mike Missanelli
> Subject: RE:
> Headed to the islands for Thanksgiving? What kind of lunatic does that? Well, actually… a guy with no family to spend Thanksgiving with WOULD go to the islands. Hahaha.

> > > From: [Mike Missanelli]
> > > To: [j j]
> > > Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:44:40 -0500
> > > Subject: RE: RE:
> > >
> > > Dude, find yourself a nice guy out there in Vegas. Just don’t tell your parents back east that you’re really gay.
> > >
> > > ________________________________
> > > From: j j
> > > Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:42 PM
> > > To: Mike Missanelli
> > > Subject: RE:
> > >
> > > You are a lonesome unmarried 60 year old curmudgeon. What a lonesome Thanksgiving you have ahead of you with no family. It’s sad really. Your Thanksgiving is you sitting by yourself smoking a cigar and watching football.

> From: [Mike Missanelli]
> To: [j j]
> Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 17:22:13 -0500
> Subject: RE: You gave in on Nick Foles?
> Hahahahahahahahahaha. YOU, getting tough with ME? Hahahahahahaha. Dude, I would fucking PRAY to say those things to your face. Hahahahaha.
> By the way, your obsession with me is unhealthy. You are a latent homosexual. But sorry to tell you, Im straight, so fuck off.
> ________________________________
> From: j j
> Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2013 12:19 PM
> To: Mike Missanelli
> Subject: RE: You gave in on Nick Foles?
> More homosexual insults? Hey, I am going back to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving. I would love to hear you call me these homosexual slurs to my face, douche bag.

>>>>>>>________________________________
> > > > > From: [Mike Missanelli]
> > > > > To: [j j]
> > > > > Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 21:48:46 -0500
> > > > > Subject: RE: You gave in on Nick Foles?
> > > > >
> > > > > Guess you’re not going to do anything about your homosexual obsession with me, eh?
> > > > > ________________________________
> > > > > From: j j
> > > > > Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:34 PM
> > > > > To: Mike Missanelli
> > > > > Subject: RE: You gave in on Nick Foles?
> > > > >
> > > > > Remember you said Matt Ryan was the 2nd best quarterback in the NFL last year? How’d that work out? Haha.
> > > > >

> From: [Mike Missanelli]
> To: [j j]
> Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 17:45:06 -0500
> Subject: RE: You gave in on Nick Foles?
> I think that’s why your engagement broke up. Your fiancée realized you don’t like women that much. That’s why you lie about your “prowess.” You are a lonely loser who can’t get a date. So come out of the closet and I guarantee you’ll get male dates.
> ________________________________
> From: j j
> Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 5:41 PM
> To: Mike Missanelli
> Subject: RE: You gave in on Nick Foles?
> Let me ask you. Why do you hate gay people? You know it’s the year 2013?

> From: [Mike Missanelli]
> Subject: RE: Oh yeah, Wizards moneyline and Beavers
> > From: [Mike Missanelli]
> > To: [j j]
> > Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 12:52:25 -0500
> > Subject: RE: Oh yeah, Wizards moneyline and Beavers
> >
> > And if you dont think that abnormal behavior is someone who listens four hours a day to a guy he suppoedly loathes and then wastes more time sending abusive emails under fake names, then more power to you. I would first deal with your latent homosexuality problem.
> > ________________________________
> > From: j j
> > Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 12:06 PM
> > To: Mike Missanelli
> > Subject: RE: Oh yeah, Wizards moneyline and Beavers
> >
> > Let’s see. I called you an unmarried 60 year old who lives alone and hangs on to the same girlfriend. Tell me what I am incorrect about. (Did you really just call me a homosexual three emails in a row? What is wrong with you? I could get you fired if I wanted. But you’re a nice enough guy that I wont.)
> > > From: [Mike Missanelli]
> > > To: [j j]
> > > Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 07:57:41 -0500
> > > Subject: RE: Oh yeah, Wizards moneyline and Beavers
> > >
> > > Hahaha. Bro, you have no idea about my life. That’s what’s really amusing. And yet, I know about your life based on you wasting four hours a day obsessing about my show and taking the time to make up fake names and send abuive e-mails. Hahaha. You are an obsessive, latent homosexual weird-o who fixes computers. Hahaha. cross
> > > ________________________________
> > > From: j j
> > > Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 1:03 AM
> > > To: Mike Missanelli
> > > Subject: RE: Oh yeah, Wizards moneyline and Beavers
> > >
> > > Dude, you’re an unmarried 60 year old man who lives all alone. Explain to me the significance of your life or how there might be any joy in it whatsoever. You hang onto the same girlfriend because that’s all you have in your life and you realize you could never meet any women as a single guy.
> > >
> > > > From: [Mike Missanelli]
> > > > To: [j j]
> > > > Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 12:11:28 -0500
> > > > Subject: RE: Oh yeah, Wizards moneyline and Beavers
> > > >
> > > > Yeah, Sure. You’re whole life is a lie. Insecure people are usually like that. You are a 24 karat loser. And totally in denial because to take inventory of that would hurt you too much. You’re an obsessive weird-o and probably a closet homosexual.
> > > > ________________________________
> > > > From: j j
> > > > Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 6:32 PM
> > > > To: Mike Missanelli
> > > > Subject: RE: Oh yeah, Wizards moneyline and Beavers
> > > >
> > > > I’ve thrown away more women than you’ve had in your life. 60 year old guys like you are dependent on a girlfriend or wife because you couldn’t otherwise meet any women as a single guy. I actually feel bad for you. BTW, I dont listen to your show anymore and had no clue you werent on today. Too busy. Hate to break it to you.
> > > >
> > > > > From: [Mike Missanelli]
> > > > > To: [j j]
> > > > > Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 12:07:14 -0500
> > > > > Subject: RE: Oh yeah, Wizards moneyline and Beavers
> > > > >
> > > > > Hahaha. Yeah, you’re a total computer geek losr with absolutely NO female involvement. Anybody who wastes four hours of the day listening to my radio show and sending e-mail from fake names has a a big “L” tattooed on his forehead. Women probably avoid you like stink. (BTW, what are you gonna do today with me off? Jerkoff to one of my podcasts, you obsessive homoexual IT frak?)
> > > > > ________________________________
> > > > > From: j j
> > > > > Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 2:12 AM
> > > > > To: Mike Missanelli
> > > > > Subject: RE: Oh yeah, Wizards moneyline and Beavers
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Let me tell you this: When you’re a good looking young guy, there’s no need for a girlfriend, ol’ sparky.

• Dumb February 3, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Is this ‘j j’ cat retarded?

“> I’m sure your radio bosses love that their host expresses bigotry and tosses around gay slurs. Hahaha. You’re lucky that I dont care enough to get you fired and am too busy with other things. I NEVER listen to your show, btw.”

Since when has the term, homosexuality, become a gay slur?

• Orgo February 3, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Because it’s being used as an insult, insinuating that being homosexual is bad. Therefore, a slur.

• Dave February 4, 2014 at 9:39 pm

I think that understanding the context is important. We have an email stalker harrassing him for years and to get back at him Missanelli is accusing him of having a crush on him. The stalker is denying this and Missanelli is jabbing him by saying he must be a latent homosexual who refusing to come to terms with it. Although the language is rough and indeed insulting, to me the insult is that he is accusing him of secretly being in love with him and not simply that he is gay. To me that is greatly different from screaming “f__got” at someone or gay bashing. I could easily see someone gay saying the same thing to a supposed heterosexual stalker.

Anyone who listens to Missanelli’s show can tell you he is actually quite liberal in these matters so I have to believe that his intent wasn’t to imply there is something inherently wrong with be gay in general.

• Another Stupid Post February 3, 2014 at 5:16 pm

This is definitely not Mikey Miss…Crossing Broad is getting worse and worse by the day…come on, step up your game

• Kyle Scott February 3, 2014 at 5:30 pm

dont even know what this means.

• PhiLee fan February 3, 2014 at 5:34 pm

I’m fairly certain Mike Miss doesn’t even respond to the 97.5 emails – he probably has an intern do it. Something like this would be career suicide – I doubt highly it’s him.

• NickyPizzas February 3, 2014 at 6:06 pm

I agree with you. How in the world would he have time? Also- this doesn’t really sound like him either.

• The Philly Drunk February 3, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Even so, this is “the crime follows the bullet” situation. If i’m Mike Miss, I better be damn sure who’s sending emails in my name. Unless this is someone station appointed, He’s going to have a hard time getting away from it.

And I disagree, based on reading this twitter and is overall ego, this absolutely sounds like him.

• Mikey Miss take February 4, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Wait…. isn’t this the same guy that got fired from a certain Philly rock station for “violating company policies” which I believe at the time was code for telling fans of the band Rush that they are rednecks and racists, “You date your cousins and sisters, You have the rebel flag stuck up your b*ttcrack,” then he was fired from WIP for “violating company policy” which was code for “punching an intern or a producer (stories vary)” during an offsite broadcast. I can’t say I am surprised by any of this…

• Andy Schreiber February 3, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Mikey Miss and a number of the other folks on-air (and a producer, Matt Nahagian) have always been pretty good about emailing me back when I email them about anything. Any joking or ribbing that he has given me via email was always good-natured.

People need to lighten up, IMO.

• G February 3, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Nah, he does respond to his e-mails. I interned there last semester. Mike reads his e-mails, and responds to them quite quickly as well.

• threadkiller February 4, 2014 at 8:58 am

I’m fairly certain you’re wrong. sure he’s on a twitter a little bit, but he’s always talking about “an email i got” or “an email exchange i had” because for whatever reason (his age is my guess) he prefers email over other electronic forms of communication. and knowing his personality, this sounds exactly like mike.

• MmmmmmWaffles February 4, 2014 at 11:30 am

Its him. Stop the nonsense. With things like this, the Occam’s razor principle usually is true.

• Loke February 4, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Mike Miss can be a douche over email I can confirm that. Last year when he was saying Foles had no functional mobility and could never be a fit in Kelly’s offense I called him on it. When he bagen to lose the argument he resorted to calling me dope etc.

I don’t care that he called the guy a faggot one bit but he does need to check himself.

And as far as Brace? I pretty much stopped listening to the station entirely because they let that moron on the air.

Hope your reading this Matt Nahagin program director

• TBempire February 3, 2014 at 5:18 pm

I’m not a Missanelli fan by any means, but “JJ” comes across as being a trolling douche in these emails.

• gthmbt February 3, 2014 at 5:21 pm

The fact that Missanelli would even go to the Homosexual text just shows what a complete fraud he is. “Mr. Tolerance” indeed.

• kjhg February 3, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Really hard to believe he’s that stupid over several weeks duration. Never thought better of it.

Really hard to believe that he didn’t pay the guy off when he threatened to give it to you.

• Johnny Nas February 3, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Finally an opening for Bruno and Mayes to get the prime time slot.

• Ugh February 4, 2014 at 9:13 am

Bruno and Mayes, worst sports radio ever. Bruno is like a 1980s wanna be shock jock who hits buttons more than he has anything to say. F That

• The Cuz February 3, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Now that you’ll be losing the only decent sports radio host in the city, you’re all stuck with me for eternity!!!! Hope you’re all ready for 6 more months of: IS NICK FOLES THE QB OF THE FUTURE!?!

• Jimmy Russell February 3, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Oh i threw 97.5 on for two minutes aaannnddd they’re talking about th e “other station.” Fucking amateur hour with MM.

• stop the injustice February 3, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Too bad JJ didn’t say he was african american. Would have loved to see that fraud Mikey Miss backpedal from that exchange. Homosexual is one thing, dissing the brothers is a line he never dares to cross.

• Jimmy Russell February 3, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Dudes just fuckin with MM. Not surprised someone with an ego as big as MM’s can’t ignore a fucking email.

• Tfor3 February 3, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Internet trolls are the worst kind of loser. I hate when the get attention, but i recognize this had to be posted

• Frasier Crane February 3, 2014 at 5:54 pm

I believe Freud would say what we have here is a case of psychological projection, Maybe Mike should heed his own advice, it would probably be a refreshing weight off of his shoulders…

• The Philly Drunk February 3, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Mike Miss was great once upon a time, way back when he would talk hockey with
    Steve Fredricks. Now, he’s a bigger douche and has a bigger ego then eskin ever had. I had a twitter convo with him and all he has is your dope, i’m right, I’M THE GREATEST nonsense.

I hope this turd gets fired while on the air.

• The Philly Drunk February 3, 2014 at 5:57 pm

before the grammar police come after me

*You’re a dope*

• grammar police February 3, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Ok, we’ll let you off with a warning THIS time. Now be on your way…Wait, have you been drinking?

• The Philly Drunk February 3, 2014 at 6:40 pm

+1 well done. I chuckled.

• FREE KWAME!!! February 3, 2014 at 6:09 pm

I think what will get him fired is when he tells the troll to go see mental health basically insinuating that being gay is a mental disability. Say what you want about what you believe, but as a quasi-celebrity in a concentrated market, you have to be more professional than that.

• Jabroni Jones February 3, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Seems like there is a lot of context missing from these emails.

If you are someone who looking to prove a point and going to post things, you should post the entire conversation. To me it seems like this dude was a total troll and only sent in what he wanted people to see. I would probably go out on a limb and say that he was baiting MM for this exact response.

I am not defending MM and don’t even listen, but without knowing what was said to get MM this pissed off in the first place makes information and posts like this seem like a witch hunt.

• mortyman February 3, 2014 at 6:07 pm

I must’ve typed in tmz.com by accident

• Stick Stickley February 3, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Go to ESPN.com if you want game analysis and highlights ya narp.

• The Philly Drunk February 3, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Not sure how this ISN’T Philly sports news.

• Realist February 3, 2014 at 6:12 pm

I posted this on the other thread, but it’s relevant here:

Hahaha that’s awesome. I love it. It’s about time someone else called out Mr. Liberal PC agenda on his blatant homophobia. DeSean Jackson makes homophobic comments during a radio show and Mikey the Messiah barely gives it the time of day. Riley Cooper makes racist comments and Mikey still won’t shut the fuck up about it months later.

• Al BUndy February 3, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Hey Kyle- stop posting dramatic stuff that belongs on some political blog desperate for ratings. This story lacks real substance. It’s an email exchange that’s bringing out the worst in people.
    MORE WING BOWL!!!!

• what the fuck February 4, 2014 at 2:09 am

did you just fuckin say this belongs in a political blog,. What is wrong with you besides the fact that you’re a blatant homosexual and clearly obsessed with Kyle you spend four hours a day reading Kyles Page you are clearly a shity IT computer loser who can’t get a girl

• Joe February 3, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Nah those e-mails definitely sound like Mikey miss. I exchanged e-mails with him a year ago and the guy was a complete douche. Hopefully he doesn’t get fired though cause I can’t stomach the thought of listening to marks and brace in prime time.

• The Philly Drunk February 3, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Yep – totally agree. He’s a classless douche.

• Slammin Gretzky's Daughter February 3, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Totally agree. I’ve had some e-mail exchanges with him as well, and this definitely sounds just like him. Rather than argue the point, he responds with tired cliches and sophomoric insults. I’m glad someone exposed that arrogant, condescending, hypocritical prick.

• The Philly Drunk February 3, 2014 at 7:19 pm

Sophomoric insults is a perfect explanation. Just like saying Tonya Harding has a leg o lamb for an arm….You’re not funny buddy.

• what the fuck February 4, 2014 at 2:15 am

ass bag why the f*** is it okay 4 this queen loser j. J. 2 act like a complete asshole and go back and forth In what seemed like ball busting no thrratinin no need to cry and complain because he got exactly what he wanted I hope Philly finds out who this homosezzzual is is

• joe February 4, 2014 at 1:17 pm

It looks like you received English Lessons from Marcus Vick.

• Jimmy Timmy February 3, 2014 at 6:52 pm

He will probably just be sent back to anger management for the 5th or 6th time. Don’t know how he hangs on to gigs.

• What Mike Miss Would Say to Himself February 3, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Mike, those insults clearly reveal some deep-seated homophobic feelings. Look within, bro.

• Annoying Gay rights cunt February 3, 2014 at 7:11 pm

OMG! Its 2014 dude! get on the right side of history! show some tolerance. Missanelli should be fired and sent to sensitivity training. OMG OMG

• Lin February 3, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Ok so my investigative skills found something interesting. I noticed Mikey Miss kept saying “yeah” in the email chain, a common word that has numerous spelling options- ya, yes, yea, yeah, etc.

I went to Missanellis twitter to see what spelling he commonly uses and it turns out Mikey Miss does, in fact, use “yeah” on twitter. Small detail, but worth noting.

• 975Intern February 3, 2014 at 7:14 pm

I interned at 97.5 for a short time (by my own choice) and while I can’t say Mike Missanelli ever did anything to me, the fact that these low brow attempts (poor attempts, too) at humor are coming out of 97.5. Eric Camille is a classless dope. He once chastised me and an intern (who had a masters degree and was doing this for free, by the way) for allowing a caller through who had epilepsy. The topic was concussions and the caller had a few; she had a seizure on the air, and that was our fault. Joe DiCamara is a weak manager with a Napoleon complex. The athletes are actually good people. Perhaps because they realized their dreams and hang around leeches who wish to live vicariously through them?

97.5 soured me on sports talk radio in general. I quit in order to take the law school test, which was more fulfilling to me than losing money to the “bro” culture in that studio. There are good people there. They are just overshadowed by the ones who choose to belittle others as in this situation.

• mike February 3, 2014 at 7:49 pm

whats the deal with bruno and missanelli? it seems like mike miss legitimately doesn’t like tony bruno. ever see how they interact with each other off the air?

• boris February 3, 2014 at 8:52 pm

I can’t speak first hand, and I don’t know about long ago things that may have soured their relationship, but before Tony was at 97.5 he was struggling to find work and mentioned how it was ridiculous that he couldn’t find work and Missanelli was working and he assaulted a producer. He said this on some national show Mike got word of it and had him on and called him out on it. The way I remember it, it seemed to be a joke but I pick up the same vibes you are talking about. I also think Mike doesn’t respect him b/c he is a “radio guy” and not an old newspaper guy.

• Annoying Gay rights cunt February 3, 2014 at 7:17 pm

Kyle you’re a fuckin douche man. who the flying fuck cares if he called somebody a fagot. I hate that this country has become such winey fucking cunts, and has to cry about political correctness. Then douches like Kyle get to make stories out of it, like he cares about the butt fuckers anyway. Now Missanelli will probably lose his job because of overly sensitive cunt media will blow this up. This is fucking america and we should be able to call somebody a fag no matter who the fuck they are.

• The Philly Drunk February 3, 2014 at 7:24 pm

I feel obligated to point out that this story was first published on deadspin.com. Kyle did some investigative journalism (?) and got both sides of the email chain where at the time, deadspin only had one side.

Sorry, somebody like Mike Miss who hangs the PC flag in the studio everyday and who absolutely KILLED Riley Cooper deserves to be called out as a hypocritical douche.

• Annoying Gay rights cunt February 3, 2014 at 7:29 pm

I stand by my statement

• MmmmmmWaffles February 4, 2014 at 11:39 am

Oh good we get to be real? Kill yourself. The world, its collective IQ and humanity itself would all be better for it.

• Fartsauce McGee February 3, 2014 at 7:21 pm

Mike Miss is a douchenozzle but this is probably BS because he’s not a retarded douchenozzle. If I’m wrong I won’t even care, though, since I can’t stand his show anyway.

• The Philly Drunk February 3, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Ego makes people do retarded stuff.

• Second Opinion February 3, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Now I know why he was playing up his discussion with Jesse Jackson last week today. He is an all inclusive person. He has bad emotional issues and sounds like Eskin more and more. Drops names and other Eskin things. How better would Philly be without these two egomaniacs.

• G February 3, 2014 at 7:49 pm

No matter what happens, DONT GIVE JON MARKS AND SEAN BRACE ANY MORE AIR TIME. They have to be the worst sports radio show in the history of sports radio shows. They are really, really fucking brutal.

• Joe February 3, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Amen

• Ugh February 4, 2014 at 9:24 am

Ugh again, another terrible show that blows on 97.5

Brace is a straight moron

• harry kalas February 3, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Sean brace is the worst on-air radio personality in the last 20 years. He has no knowledge. He is a jock sniffer and world renowned wigger. It is a total disgrace that he is still on the air. He is not even good enough for a college radio station. Even out at the bars he will hit on the women saying that he is a top celebrity. He drops alot of names implying he is friends with these athletes. As Larry David was called in curb your enthusiasm, Sean brace is nothing but a bald a-hole.

• M February 4, 2014 at 1:41 pm

+1. Brace is the absolute worst thing I’ve ever heard.

• John Gallante February 3, 2014 at 8:02 pm

For anyone doubting that Missanelli would do this, you’re wrong. I had a similar e-mail exchange with him about a year ago. I approached Kyle with the story but nothing came of it. He’s a disrespectful, bigoted, pompous asshole, quite frankly (Missanelli, that is).

• The doctor February 3, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Our Country is gonna politically correct ourselves to death. Yes mikey miss is a dick sometimes, but the guy responds to emails that he doesn’t have to. Little J J obviously wanted to keep it goin he had I get the last word. I’m sick of this Shit. I’m not tryin to get all Uncle Sam up in here, but every conversation is copy and paste nowadays. Who out of town on deadspin will give two fucks about this? Crossing broad definitely, but deadspin? By the way Kyle my snow bowl sweat shirt is holding up great keep it goin!

• StraightSherman February 3, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Quick Poll

So who is the biggest douche in this situation?

A. Missanelli for preaching tolerance then going homosexual on this guy.

B. J.J. for being a whiny little douche who spends all his time trolling Miss then gets mad when he gets trolled back.

C. Kyle for making a living sucking on the taint of society.

I’d appreciate some feedback here.

• The Philly Drunk February 3, 2014 at 9:15 pm

A.

Mike gets this on a daily basis and is open to it cause of his stature. Don’t feed the trolls as they say.

• what the fuck February 4, 2014 at 2:15 am

U

• MmmmmmWaffles February 4, 2014 at 11:41 am

You for coming to this site and participating in it while ripping Kyle. Then Mikey Miss.

• Former Fanatic Intern February 3, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Another former fanatic intern here. I will confirm that there is a very good chance this is Miss. The only thing interns cover are phone screenings and podcasting. We never touched an email to him.

With that said, not surprised at all this is what comes out of his mouth. But I am surprised no one here mentioned the possibility Mike is a latent homosexual himself. You know what they say about people who bash gays..

To the guy who said Eric Camille is an idiot, is correct. Dude is a loose cannon and flipped on interns for things we could not necessarily control. Stop acting like it’s our fault that your callers are fucking morons and rarely (if ever) have an actual point and just call the station to hear themselves on air. Some guys would call and ask me what the topic was and then come up with a dumb point. Joe DeCamara was actually pretty cool.

It won’t surprise me if the Fanatic doesn’t suspend/fire Miss because he’s all they got. If he’s gone, the Fanatic has 6-8 mos tops until they sink.

Farewell Miss, you blithering idiot

• mike again February 3, 2014 at 8:46 pm

does missanelli actually dislike tony bruno or is he just messing around? it seems like mike miss legitimately doesn’t like tony bruno.

• sarah k. February 3, 2014 at 8:50 pm

I can confirm a previous response regarding Sean brace. He claims to have a girlfriend on the air, then when I met him at pitcher’s pub a few months, he totally tried picking me up by saying that he was about to hit the big time in radio and that he had celebrity connections he could set me up with if I hooked with him. Luckily even though I had some drinks, he still looked like a wannabe pinball. Plus he had horrible breath.

• sarah k. February 3, 2014 at 8:54 pm

I meant Pitbull., not pinball.

• Hate in my heart February 3, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Pinball works just as well

• Jeff lurie's midnight green turban February 3, 2014 at 9:03 pm

This is a farce nobody cares about homosexuals not anyone who taps crossing broad, not anyone who listens to the fanatic not anyone with moral decency and especially Anyone who goes to Villanova . The only one who cares about politcal correctness is the 400 pound aunt jemima who can’t move out of the way of her TV.

• Dude Brah February 3, 2014 at 9:04 pm

While I despise trolls in general, LOL @ Mr. Race Baiting PC Man of Ultimate Tolerance. I will love to hear him spin how this is different than using a hateful word like Cooper did.

That being said, while I do disagree with a good portion of what Mike Miss says at times, I truly hope he doesn’t lose his job over this (although I think he needs to take his lickings for this). He is the only host in the city that is worth a shit. I can stomach Mayes I guess, but I’m assuming it’s because he’s with Bruno, who is the lamest, cheesiest, and “WTF is he talking about??”-inducing person I’ve ever heard. How people like the guy, I do not know. Brace is a total bro fanboy, licks the balls of every athlete and guest, and might be certifiably mentally handicapped. Probably a huge SportsNation fan. And Marks…don’t even get me started on Marks…let’s just say he makes Phil from Mt. Airy look like Ray Didenger…

• StraightSherman February 3, 2014 at 9:33 pm

I totally agree on Bruno, he is impossible to listen to. Same stupid shtick, sound drops and coverage of his Twitter account. Not to mention the incredibly creepy stalking of Sheena. I love Mayes though, my man should be getting hazard pay for working with that moron.

• what the fuck February 4, 2014 at 2:20 am

Let me Understand how you don’t think the n word is different then homosexual… Faggoted

• Dude Brah February 4, 2014 at 1:17 pm

That’s not exactly what I meant; I admittedly worded that poorly. I was more talking about being homophobic (which he won’t admit that he was doing without being forced to; dude rarely believes he is ever wrong) vs. being racist in general, not the actual words either of them used.

To be completely honest, I don’t think I would consider this to be much of a story if Mike Miss wasn’t so fucking exremely PC about everything else.

• Bwillie February 3, 2014 at 9:09 pm

The only thing I am surprised about is how he wouldn’t let go of the “homosexual” thing for over more than a month. Miss is a pretty intelligent dude and this was a brutally boring and entirely uncreative argument he was having with this guy.

• Slammin Gretzky's Daughter February 3, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Wait, you’re surprised by this? Have you ever heard him talk or read his twitter? When he knows he can’t win an argument he just repeats the same insult over and over again (“grow up, get out of moms basement, mommy wants you to make your bed, etc.”) and to try to “prove” points he just throws out the same shit (“he doesn’t have the skillset”). All his twitter arguments are the same. He’s not that smart and he’s constantly contradicting himself and being a huge hypocrite.

• danny ozark February 3, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Why are people talking about homosexuality like its something bad…if youve never sucked somebody off u should try it

• Computer Geek February 3, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Screw them both. There is nothing wrong with being a Computer Technician. Its a good career path and we make decent money. This is just a pissing contest between two elitist douche bags. Missenelli being the bigger douche ofcourse.

• Andy huber February 3, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Mike was great with the cuz. Mike was good with Steven a smith. Steve Fredrick’s kept mike in check. Mike was good when he first started on 975. Marx was good with him. Brace not so much. And this Martinez is so on mikes dick it’s unreal. Did he ever disgrace with mr mainline snobby undercover brotha hypocrite. Yeah okay mike you grew up in a diverse neighborhood. Bristol in the seventies. Don’t think so bud. Love your opening theme song by the way says a lot about who you think you are or who you pander to. How does it feel to have your ego and temper have gotten the better of you again you hot head. Something’s wrong with you mike.
    You’d rather have a small penis than be short . I remember you said that. Hope the anti defamation league is listening.

• Glen macnow February 3, 2014 at 9:41 pm

I’m available

• Mumia Abu Missanelli February 3, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Mikes cool man. He just a little cocky and blatantly homophobic.

• mike miss blows February 3, 2014 at 10:08 pm

” I’ve thrown away more women than you’ve had in your life.”

I think missanelli is a huge jerkoff, but this guy jj seems like a dickhead too.

• Whatever February 3, 2014 at 10:25 pm

What happened to the good old days when two guys could bust each other’s balls. The guy with the best one liner would be declared the winner and the two would shake hands after. Now everyone has to be PC or they get sent to HR. This was a private conversation where clearly 2 adults were taking shots at each other.
    If you want to talk about your feelings go watch Dr. Phil.

• Ryan February 3, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Some people are missing the bigger picture here – how big of a loser is MM for continuing to email this dude back? He has nothing better to do than email complete strangers and hurl lame insults? I thought “Philly Pheud” was the lamest shit ever but this is downright pathetic.

• Brian February 3, 2014 at 10:47 pm

I agree. For someone who is pretty intelligent, how fucking stupid can you be? Delete the fucking asshole’s emails.

• Little Ant February 3, 2014 at 10:50 pm

I hope my daddy moves to 97.5, so that he will have less listeners, resulting in Massimo and I getting bullies less in pre-school.

By the way Daddy, isn’t “twink” a snack cake? The kids in school are calling us twinks, even though Mommy packs us Tastycakes, not Hostess products.

What’s up with that?

• Brian February 3, 2014 at 11:03 pm

He really is the worst. Don’t know how he has a job.

• AL Tru February 4, 2014 at 7:05 am

I respect Kyle for showing professional restraint and investigating stories before he throws them out there.
    example…I gave him Claude Giroux’s phone numbers and he still hasnt even drunk called him.
    I was sent an email from a Football Hall of Fame member commenting on Andy Reid.
    Kyle wouldnt use it because the member “was a nice guy”.
    Stu Bykofsky advised me not to publish the email.
    Remember this all you primates with opposable thumbs….the NSA can grab all your texts tweets emails out of the air…..think before you speak.

ps I was not pleasuring myself while i typed this.

• Delco trash February 4, 2014 at 8:46 am

Glen macnow gets fired : 500 comments. Mike miss says politically incorrect homophobix dickhead comments and shits gonna hit the fan. 70 comments. Kinda odd.

• dunphy is worse than ruben February 4, 2014 at 10:49 am

Maybe where these men reside has something to do with it…
      Mikey miss=Main liner like kyle
      Macgnow=Havertrash

• William Rhodes February 4, 2014 at 8:58 am

Guy trolls radio host for a long time and finally gets a response. Guy continues baiting said radio host for an even longer time with dumb inflammatory emails. Radio host reponds in kind. IT loser gets butt-hurt and “goes to the media”. Pathetic.

• MikeyMissVsMandingo February 4, 2014 at 11:36 am

Anyone else think its glaringly obvious that Mikey Miss loves, and enjoys on the regular, black cock?

• Mike Missanellis melting, slobbering face February 4, 2014 at 11:58 am

Face it everyone. I’m an intolerant hypocritical liberal. I know everything about everything. you are all a bunch of losers and are jealous of my success. None of you could have hosted philly pheud the way i did nor can any one of you pull off designer glasses like I can.

• Walter Sobchak February 4, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Too many “bro’s” I there…That shit is just a mess. Some loser harassing Missenelli and loser Missenlli (allegedly) responding.

I’d like to see them fight. Bare knuckle brawl it out…I wouldn’t pay to see it though.

• K Shaw February 4, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Looks like Mike Miss is not on air today. I wonder how long his suspension will be, i doubt he gets canned though. Marks and Brace will sink the station if they are in his slot, purely a business decision, both shows suck.

• CM February 4, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Mike miss is an asshole plain and simple. Ever since he was named #1 his ego got bigger and bigger. Ego forces you to say stupid things bc you think youre untouchable. I dont agree with this JJ guy bc it seems like hes just baiting Missanelli. But good for him for getting a rise out of him. Missanelli preaches racism every day but runs his mouth about homosexuals being weird. I really hope he gets fired for this because hes over the top with his shock jock mentality on air, and in emails and social media. I just hope like some of you mentioned he doesnt get replaced by jon and sean. But please 97.5, hes not worth the backlash if you keep him on. And because hes such a shock jock, hell land another job somewhere else.

• K February 4, 2014 at 2:43 pm

You’d assume he will lose his job at SJU, too. What a blow hard!

• Sean Brace's low IQ February 4, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Damn, now that Mikey Miss is shuspended we gots to listen to lame braned, dull whitted, studderin, no nuttin Sean Braces till 6 oklock todays. thanks alot Mikey Mush,

• Mike Schmitt February 4, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Is it a bit hypocritical of Mike to say those terms? As much as he talks about bigotry, the answer is yes. But come on…there’s a reason this isn’t blowing up even on a more local news level. This is a non-story. Mike isn’t going anywhere as the station would be under in a year without him. I don’t always agree but he’s interesting. This kid is a major troll and the fact he went to Deadspin to tattle tells us expressly he is a complete loser. “Some guy I trolled via email for a month called me a bad name! DeadSpin (who would destroy their own mother if they got their hands on an inappropriate picture of her) of course is going to run with the story as hypocritical controversy is the only way they get web hits. NON STORY

• Mike February 4, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Missanelli def is not too bright…in this day and age to have an ongoing e-mail exchange with a person who does not like you is like robbing a bank and leaving a detailed note behind…Missanelli should have realized that there is always someone more intelligent on the other side, plus, in his feeble attempts to sound “tough/cool,” he didn’t and accomplished nothing…

• Paul Heinerichs February 4, 2014 at 11:51 pm

WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!

Mikey Miss, This was a TOTAL VIOLATION!

• Take inventory February 5, 2014 at 5:50 am

That is funny. Mike can’t seem to decide who or what he is. His fake self confidence and blatant stealing of ideas from other shows is pathetic “Bo”. The self absorbed wanna be liberal “decider” shows his true colors. I have had conversations with people trying to explain what a fraud he is. I just needed Mike to prove it. He did. The man with a history of failed friendships and relationships should not be the king of “violations”. That is karma assswipe.

• fraud alert February 5, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Stop the speculation it wasn’t Mikey Miss. He’s come out and admitted it, and given the lamest apology I’ve ever heard. Being “clincial”? Does he expect anyone to believe that? He needs to suck it up, take his licks, and move on. Maybe he’ll find it easier to forgive Riley Cooper now that the shoe’s on the other foot. Hypocrite. Brace is a caveman.

• Husdog February 6, 2014 at 10:21 pm

No excuse for the rants and should know better then to send shit like this. With that being said sites like this and deadspin give way too much credibility to the trolls. He is entertaining in the sports medium and now there is zero reason to listen to 97.5 imo

• Bobby D February 10, 2014 at 9:44 am

of course “mikey” hates Bruno.
    Bruno grew up the way Mikey likes to pretend he did.
    He was busy out in the suburbs, memorizing lines from Mob movies
    and now thinks somehow that connects him to the real thing.

• commoner inc October 19, 2014 at 4:36 am

Excellent, what a weblog it is! This weblog presents valuable data to us,
    keep it up.