Eating Crow: Now Serving Tim Panaccio

Kyle Scott - April 9, 2014

Voila_Capture 2014-04-09_01-23-18_PM

We will be serving crow today. I already had my helping this morning, but now, it’s time for the rest of the local media to eat theirs as the Flyers, led by their captain, have pulled themselves from the depths to earn a playoff spot. Next up (since he never misses a comped meal), Tim Panaccio.

It Could Have Been Worse, October 18:

The Flyers have miles to go. I am a bit concerned with team captain Claude Giruox’s comments today that it’s “not just” him in the room doing the talking, there are others.

I had a long discussion with Hal Gill about the lack of a strong personality in the Flyers room right now. I think they could use one. There is no Mark Recchi, no Rick Tocchet, no Craig Berube, no Derian Hatcher, no Chris Pronger …

Gill said to me that “doesn’t work anymore,” with guys with tempers getting into people’s faces. I think there is a time and place for this. Gill says that era of hockey is long gone.

I don’t know. I do know that when Bob Clarke was Bobby Clarke the captain, he would go around and pull guys to the side and confront them in private and motivate them without going on in front of everyone else.

I don’t see Giruox having that kind of personality, either. There are other former captains here – Vinny Lecavalier, Kimmo Timonen and Mark Streit.

The point is, right now, the leadership group on this club leads MUCH to be desired. It has to get better.

Six days between games. I feel there will be a trade by the time the Rangers come to town next Thursday.

Delicious.

Greg offers you this crow, Panotch:

Voila_Capture 2014-04-09_01-18-05_PM
Voila_Capture 2014-04-09_01-18-13_PM

• William Rhodes April 9, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Belle Knox will be dancing in AC this weekend which means she’ll also be doing high priced incalls in her hotel. How much do you think she’d charge?

• Huh? April 9, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Uh, yeah. What exactly did Panachio say that was wrong at that time?

• srl19 April 9, 2014 at 1:44 pm

yawn

• Skippy April 9, 2014 at 1:46 pm

This is crow overkill,and has officially jumped the shark

• MK April 9, 2014 at 1:47 pm

We get it, bro. You, along with most observers, thought the team (and its captain) were cooked early in the year and you all ended up being wrong. Copying and pasting the exact same quotes from writers for the 10th time to make yourself feel better is pretty lame.

• blue89 April 9, 2014 at 2:00 pm

I keep thinking about Game of Thrones with all this talk of Crows.

• Fran Dunphy April 9, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Is this for real? You are a 30-year old fucking loser.

• RT April 9, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Attempting to minimize your own stupid judgements and shamelessly promoting merchandise at the same time. This blog is REALLY hard to read sometimes…

• RT April 9, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Oh right, I forgot to mention how this also feeds your desire to stick it to mainstream journalists too.

• Daily News Live April 9, 2014 at 2:47 pm

This theme has played itself out.

And with those small ass boobs, Belle wouldn’t be worth the incall.

• Eat a dick Kyle April 9, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Tough reading… My pillow needs a pillow. Try highlighting the season or breaking down what’s to come heading into the playoffs. There is plenty to discuss about this Phillies team too. Meanwhile, we are stuck reading lame sorrow stories… I guess its better than your usual copy and paste work. Eat A Dick Kyle.

• Rotting corpse April 9, 2014 at 2:49 pm

What does the t-shirt have anything to do with the flyers getting into the PO? Does it imply “I told you so” to judgments made in October?

They still are not a serious threat to win a cup. They have overpaid older players with NTC which will hamper their ability to add to a decent core of younger players. Their defense is real scetchy and highly overpaid.

On a positive note, they do have a goalie who turned his career around this season. Hopefully he doesn’t fade like he did after his great rookie season. Giroux played up to his ability after the meeting.

• FlexyLexy April 9, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Wow making the playoffs seems to be a big accomplishment for the flyers… So much so that this webs

• SomeGuyWhoDoesntMatter April 9, 2014 at 3:15 pm

So remind me of how the Flyers making the playoffs is worthy of eating crow? Is our bar so low that making the playoffs is some sort of accomplishment? When this team goes down in the playoffs, and it most likely will, these posts will just look silly. If the Flyers actually somehow win the Stanley cup, then we can all eat crow together on broad street. So let’s calm down a second here Mr. CatswinCatswinCatsWin and see if this team can actually do something.

• Blumpkin April 9, 2014 at 3:56 pm

If you guys could bang one of Baicker’s nostrils, which on would it be?

• Wow April 9, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Panaccio looks like one of those people that had their face ripped off by a chimp. Fucking hard to look at.

• FlyerX April 9, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Panaccio doesn’t know anything about hockey, he really doesn’t. Anyone who does know something about hockey knows this.