Lunatic Hockey Fans are Incensed That They Couldn’t Get FREE Draft Tickets

Voila_Capture 2014-06-03_10-15-42_AM

The draft is at the Wells Fargo Center this month. This you know. Honestly, I can’t imagine a less exciting sporting event except for, maybe, an MLS kit unveiling, and unless you’re planning to sleep with a baker’s dozen prospects the night before, I really see no reason in attending. But many hardcore hockey fans want to go, and so, the Flyers were offering up FREE tickets to the general public, available on a first-come, first-serve basis. As you might imagine, between the demands of the league, the seats needed for hungover prospects and their families, and other partner responsibilities, tickets were in short supply and the ticketing system jammed up, as ticketing systems are wont to do during popular on-sales. Just don’t tell that to the fans who took to Twitter to voice their displeasure with the process when they realized it’s not their God-given right to attend the draft, for FREE (mind you, season ticket holders were given an exclusive pre-sale code). Though they do get my sympathy for having to deal with the Wells Fargo Center’s awful site. To the Storify machine!

• Uncle Buck June 3, 2014 at 10:39 am

So, tix were released at 1:00 pm and gone by 1:00 pm and they’re lunatics for being annoyed by that? You really must have nothing better to write about, huh?

• Informed June 3, 2014 at 12:21 pm

i understand the importance and the excitement of the draft for prospective players and their families, but i will never ever ever ever ever understand the mindset of fan who goes to the actual draft itself. if you don’t mind me asking, what the fuck are you possibly getting out of your attendance at a draft? nothing makes me laugh more than when you see fucktards at the drafts (namely the NFL draft) cheer and boo the selection of a player in which 90% of them had never heard of the guy anyways. then what? you sit back down, in your precious seat, take a sip of your big gulp, wipe the nancho cheese off your hands so you can research the selection on your iPhone, and then the process repeats itself in another 2-5 minutes! grow up superfan and save your claps for actual game day!

• Capt. Obvious June 3, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Most likely there will not be another draft in Philly for a very long time.

Why not go? You could do worse things on a weekend, like spend it at CBP.

• uncle buck is an idiot June 3, 2014 at 10:40 am

that is all

• Kyle's camel toe June 3, 2014 at 10:41 am

Why are they “lunatics”? What’s wrong with being really pissed off at playing by the rules and getting shafted by incompetence?

And what’s the difference between this and if EAS only made 5,000 NHL ’15 discs and you had one in your cart then got shitcanned?

wtf dude

• Kyle Scott June 3, 2014 at 10:43 am

Because it’s not the Flyers fault that they have only 20k seats, more than half of which are undoubtedly already accounted for. It sucks. But they were FREE. And they went quickly. It happens.

• Uncle Buck June 3, 2014 at 10:46 am

I was mainly annoyed that they had a pre-sale and a pre-pre-sale. Season ticket holders are all that matters. The regular blue collar fans who watch every game and spend money and tickets on Flyers gear mean very little to the organization. They do the same nonsense when they have the pre-sales for players for the Flyers Carnival.

• Kyle's camel toe June 3, 2014 at 10:53 am

No, Buck. STH’s get priority because they shell out thou$ands many months in advance (’14-15 renewal deadline was BEFORE PLAYOFFS this year). They deserve a shot at this prior to the average Joe. Frankly I’m surprised Joe got offered any at all.

• Uncle Buck June 3, 2014 at 10:57 am

I get that. I really do. However, the non-season ticket holders are in the majority. The diehards who spend their hard earned money on a couple of games a year because that is all they can afford. And spend their money on jerseys and Flyers merchandise. I get both sides of this argument, but I wish the non-season ticket holders were treated better. Without them there would be very little support for the team.

• Kyle's camel toe June 3, 2014 at 11:12 am

Dude you’re nuts, 18k STH’s spend a lot MORE hard earned money and also buy more beer and merch, they’ll always get first crack. I started as you in the 80s and now am me, shelling big $ on 4 glass seats. Didn’t take up the draft tic offer cause sounds boring as shit but certainly expected the offer. Don’t like it? Take steps to improve your condition.

• Uncle Buck June 3, 2014 at 11:20 am

Truth is I could afford season tickets, but try to make smart financial decisions. That just simply isn’t the best use of my money. That is besides the point though. However, you did sum up the Flyers thoughts perfectly. You want tickets for the draft, well improve your position in life and make more money. It’s just that simple.

• Kyle's camel toe June 3, 2014 at 10:49 am

Thank you for responding but none of that is the point Kyle. These folks had tickets in their cart, trying to simply check out. They weren’t slow or incompetent or unlucky, they got fucked after having tickets dedicated to their account. Free or not, those tics have value…a lot of value to someone who loves hockey and supports the team. They. Got. Fucked.

• Ted Danson June 3, 2014 at 4:59 pm

I was told I had been granted tickets (I still have the e-mail) and that they would be e-mailed to me by the end of June 2nd. I still haven’t gotten my tickets. Free or not, when a corporation you support tells you they’re giving you something, and then they don’t, it pisses you off.

• Capt. Obvious June 3, 2014 at 5:30 pm

“I’m surprised Kyle even knew the Flyers were hosting this year’s draft. One, he knows shit about hockey, and two, I haven’t seen Deadspin post anything about the draft.”

on point.

• If it smells like a turd... June 5, 2014 at 1:21 am

This whole thing smells like Donnie Tollefson.

• Cartman June 3, 2014 at 11:19 am

Once again not knowing anything about the issues and ripping people for being pissed at something you don’t know about.

I did the pre-sale (not the pre-pre-sale for STH but the second pre-sale for those on the email list). I was out at a meeting, didn’t get back to my computer until about 1:40 pm. I logged on and got 3 tickets within 2 minutes. Yet people who logged on at 1 sat around in a queue for those 40 minutes then got kicked out because of technical error, not because of demand.

It’s bullshit that I was awarded tickets and those people weren’t. They have a right to be pissed, and you look like an ass for being such a douche about it.

• Actual Sports June 3, 2014 at 10:41 am

When can we talk about them again???

• Chris June 3, 2014 at 11:13 am

Well there’s only one team left to talk about, and they’re fucking turds who don’t really do much worth talking about.

• uncle buck is an idiot eats poop June 3, 2014 at 10:41 am

that is all

• Calling Bullshit June 3, 2014 at 10:48 am

KS is reading the comments today…all .000001% of them.

• Doug June 3, 2014 at 10:59 am

Typical Flyers. Maybe if they changed the culture, people could actually use the internet to support the team and they wouldn’t be on a 40 year cup drought in a league where 50% of the teams make the playoffs. Keep feeding the orange and black though. There always good for a first round exit filled with enthusiastic “woulda, coulda, shoulda” excuses.

• Kyle's Camel toe is an idiot June 3, 2014 at 11:01 am

My suggestion is to take a computer class because if you had tickets in the cart and lost them one because your moron and two you never created an account so the tickets could dump into. What a moron.

• Chris June 3, 2014 at 11:14 am

your

• Kyle's camel toe June 3, 2014 at 11:19 am

Dude read the fucking tweets. You’ve never been dumped out of a purchase queue after tic server locks up? What are you 16? It’s a very 90’s thing that sure as shit shouldn’t be happening now on any real ticket site.

• Bo Bo June 3, 2014 at 11:10 am

Kyle, seriously…….can you fix the spacing in your damned titles?

Lunatic Hocjey fans are incense
    d that they couldn’t get free D
    raft tickets??

Really? this looks like a 3rd grader set this page up.

I know you wanted a better format, but this looks really bad and it’s hard to follow.

• Kyle Scott June 3, 2014 at 12:35 pm

It’s fixed. Refresh your page or clear the cache, or don’t use IE.

• Leave PA June 3, 2014 at 12:50 pm

You seem to be responding to a lot of comments for someone who doesn’t read them

• Bo Bo June 3, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Looks much better now!

• Ookie Cookie June 3, 2014 at 11:17 am

Dumbasses. There is no way they know any hockey players being drafted outside of the Top 10, if that.

Think about the NFL draft, a fourth to a half of the 1st round people had no idea who they were. All those NFL-deginerate losers at MSG rooting or booing picks of players they’ve never heard of.

• NFL Draft Annual Trip June 3, 2014 at 11:34 am

what??

• Ted Danson June 3, 2014 at 1:43 pm

It’s at Radio City Music Hall. If you’re a college football fan you know every first-round pick’s name.

• Ruben Amaro Jr. June 3, 2014 at 11:50 am

BREAKING NEWS: You guys are going to love this. Your newest addition to the Phillies is………. Starting pitcher Jason Marquis. Yes, that’s right. We just signed Marquis to a minor league deal today. Did I mention that he is 35, had Tommy John surgery last August, and has a career ERA of 4.58? I know, you don’t have to say it. I’m the best GM in baseball 🙂 You’re welcome.

• gq June 3, 2014 at 11:52 am

wait, people are upset that the Draft sold out? do all of these people complain when they can’t get tix to Miley Cyrus too? Like most events, it sells out….

• Ms. CB June 3, 2014 at 12:07 pm

I like the NHL commercials where they skate up and look into the camera all sexy-like with their wispy moustaches and patchy beards. They remind me of Kyle, only, you know, awake before 10am. Seriously, who sleeps ’til 10? No one cares about traffic then. Also the cocks are starting to get sweaty. That’s why I like to suck as many as I can before 9, you can still taste the metallic tinge of the Axe body spray on the taint.

• Mr. Miyagi June 3, 2014 at 12:25 pm

“Change the culture” is the “thanks, Obama” of Crossing Broad.

• Ookie Cookie June 3, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Want to get political? Because Obama should be impeached after this last stunt.

• cs June 3, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Should be… but will he be? Nope, cause that’d be racist….

• THIS June 3, 2014 at 1:04 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

• Paul June 3, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Dude get off your fucking high h0rs_e, Kyle. You said it yourself that the site is shitty. I dont even know why you write about hockey on this site. All you do is just insult the fans for being loyal. Philly fans get an actual rap for being lunatics, which you always bitch about–yet you belittle some of the most loyal fans we have for….no apparent reason. Fuck off.

• Everyone June 3, 2014 at 1:14 pm

FUCK THE FLYERS! It’s time for a complete organizational scrubbing:

Owner
    President
    GM (unless Hexy is going to think for himself)
    Talent evaluators
    Players
    and most of all: A NEW LOGO AND NEW COLORS!

Get rid of that putrid orange! It’s a constant reminder of a culture that has failed for decades.

And for those of you whining about not getting draft tickets: GET A FUCKING LIFE! It’s a sports league draft, where most of the players (especially those drafted by the Flyers) never amount to anything.

• Question for Paul June 3, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Paul which of these jerseys do you wear to the games?

1) Brind’amour
    2) Briere
    3) Your last name

• great goals June 8, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Heya now i’m the very first time the following. I ran across this particular aboard i to discover It truly handy & it reduced the problem out there much. I am hoping to supply anything all over again and also enable others such as you forced me to be.