Ryan Howard Refuses to Deny That He Listens to Nickelback

Photo Credit: Dale Zanine-USA TODAY Sports

Photo Credit: Dale Zanine-USA TODAY Sports

Maybe he and Giroux could talk about it: Last night at Turner Field during the Phils v. Braves game, according to Hardball Talk, a fan held up a sign that said “Ryan Howard listens to Nickelback.” That’s rough stuff. Ryan, you gotta stand your ground on this one and come out saying “Hey, I had ‘Stanky Leg‘ (and DJ Khaled and Drake and Tyga) as my walkout song once, don’t come at me with that Nickelback shit.” But instead, Howard told Todd Zolecki this:

“Is it bad to listen to Nickelback? I mean, I’m not afraid to say that I diversify my musical portfolio. I didn’t know they could see or hear what … how do they know I listen to Nickelback? I listen to everything. I don’t know if there’s a specific song by Nickelback.”

While we appreciate Howard standing up for everyone’s right to listen to whatever the hell they want, Howard definitely protests too much when it comes to “I don’t know if there’s a specific song by Nickelback.” You know Ryan, you know.

• Ay Dawg Ay June 18, 2014 at 12:17 pm

This is just fucking retarded.

Good lord you are struggling to do anything relevant.

#FireJim

• Jay Grace June 18, 2014 at 12:18 pm

That’s a clear cut violation on nose

• John Candy in Summer Rental June 18, 2014 at 12:19 pm

#FireJim

• Couldn't Cut It As A Wise Man June 18, 2014 at 12:22 pm

If the one song he likes is “Burn It To The Ground” then all is forgiven. I mistakenly love that song and didn’t know it was Nickelback until I Shazaam’d it. It was too late then…

• jon marks June 18, 2014 at 12:28 pm

i hope sean brace kills himself. would make sports radio alot more bearable. fuckin racist pig

• Where's Budweiser? June 18, 2014 at 12:28 pm

All I’m concerned about is reading the “Jim bashing” comments over actual stories on this website now. Keep up the good work, guys.

• Bruce Ruffin June 18, 2014 at 12:30 pm

I Bet that crazy looking nickleback lead singer could do a better job in the GM chair over RAJ

• .300 Monty June 18, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Ryan has hit home runs in consecutive games, so we’re extending his contract through 2027.

• Jim, paid by the commas, Adair June 18, 2014 at 12:46 pm

This is all worse than I expected, I wake up each morning going, Oh Fuck, I’m barely treading water, and it wouldn’t surprise me if Kyle cut his honeymoon short to save this sinking ship, but getting back to the article, who the fuck diversifies their musical portfolio,

• Ted Danson June 18, 2014 at 1:35 pm

I love how he left a comma out of the last sentence where one actually belongs.

* “You know, Ryan, you know.”

• FUCK these RICH BASTARDS June 18, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Hit the showers Jim. U are just spewing shit articles this morning. maybe u want to invest a little more into ONE article?

I’m taking bets on Jim’s use of commas in his next article. Over-Under will be set at 10 (this doesn’t include the cut-paste portion of the article – which is most of it).

• Jen Daniels' Big Grandma Arms June 18, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Nippleback sucks. Canadian Rock. Please. Has any good music come out of Canada? Ever? Anus Morrissette, Rush? Case closed.

#FireJim

• Mumia's Innocent June 18, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Ever heard of a little-known group called THE BAND?

• Steve Keeley's Tragic and Embarrassing Attempts to look Youthful June 18, 2014 at 1:23 pm

I’ve been known to romance the ladies with the soulful sounds of Canadian rocker Gordon Lightfoot.

The Edmund Fitzgerald. Now that’s mood music.

#firejim

• Irish Girl From Caddyshack June 18, 2014 at 1:05 pm

She’s been plucked more times then the Rose of Tralee. Biggest whore on Fifth Avenue, I’m told.

• six figure scotty June 18, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Hey Jim,
    How fucking pissed are you not that he listens to Nickleback cause they suck, but because they are sooooo mainstream

• THE OFFICIAL LEVI FROM OVERBROOK PARK June 18, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Nothing wrong with a brotha liking Caucasian music.

I’m more of an old school guy myself,my favorite artists are:

Hall & Oates
    Phil Collins
    Huey Lewis & the news
    Tears for fears
    Madonna
    Tina Marie
    Taylor Dayne
    Lisa Stansfield

• sinisalo June 18, 2014 at 1:17 pm

There’s something wrong with someone of any race or creed listening to Nickleback.

• Angry Al June 18, 2014 at 2:04 pm

@Levi- is that really you on twitter ??

• Andy Schreiber June 18, 2014 at 1:18 pm

At least it wasn’t Coldplay.

Gotta draw the line somewhere.

• SPQR June 18, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Anyone else notice how Rhea ALWAYS has to wear those big obnoxious sunglasses whenever she does her pointless show on csnphilly? You go to the site and her big coke bottles are staring right back at you. It’s like she thinks she is so cool wearing those on her show, yet none of her guests ever have sunglasses on.

• Mikey Mess June 18, 2014 at 1:39 pm

They’re not sunglasses, they’re h0arse blinders!

• Mikey Mess June 18, 2014 at 1:40 pm

#FireJim (and take Amaro with you)

• Jim blows more than kaci June 18, 2014 at 2:41 pm

#fire jim,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But only if Kyle goes with him too

• GayJeffySuxCox June 18, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Who fucking cares? He can write about it in his fucking children’s book while he is KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKing 225 times this season.
    Fuck him