WEATHER WARS: High Pressure Harry Hits Back after Being “Fired” by John Bolaris

Voila_Capture 2015-01-18_12-53-52_PM

John Bolaris did not take it in stride when — from his point of view — poor weather forecasting led directly to the death of three people. He initially took the blame himself, but has since come around to “it was someone else’s fault.” He saw it as an unforgivable lapse in weather judgement, and fired “an employee” at Weather Savior over it. Kyle figured he probably knew who it was, and mandated that I Tweet Bolaris to find the truth (Journalism, yo):

Screen Shot 2015-01-22 at 9.33.28 AM

It was High Pressure Harry, who has now broken his deafening silence in an email sent to Victor Fiorillo at Philly Mag. Here’s how HPH tells his side of the story:

Yesterday you wrote an article about Bolaris and the “firing” of an employee. How can you fire an someone that you do not compensate? I was not paid by Bolaris for over 6 months and every agreement of compensation that HE offered, HE could not live up to. I never asked for money … he offered.

“I first learned of the “firing” when I read your article and then he followed with text messages to me … Announcing it to the public was not necessary. The only reason for the public flogging … he did it to save face following an unfortunate forecast bust. He called me lazy for not getting up but he was the one who was on morning duty. He admitted to me by text saying, “I was up at 4:30 a.m. then went back to bed” only to realize he set his alarm for 5:30 p.m. I also believe that an article like this creates a good buzz for his website whether it’s good or bad.

I did not lose a job. John lost his only true friend and ally.”

There isn’t a person among us who hasn’t accidentally set their alarm for P.M. when they meant to set it for A.M. [Editor’s note: Feel like I’ve heard this excuse before.] But typically when someone does, they don’t accuse one of their subordinates of indirectly causing the deaths of three people. We usually just show up late to work. But Bolaris… well, he goes scorched Earth, motherfucker. Also in an email to Fiorillo:

“As I stated on social media sites, in the end I take the blame for the faulty early morning weather blast without any warning of ice.”

I sent warnings out by 7:30 a.m. but by that time it was too late. Harry violated my strict weather code … you NEVER pre-record, schedule a forecast on a day of uncertainty or possible severe weather. It was best for the company, but obviously not for our friendship.”

Harry violated my strict weather code. That is a sentence for the ages, people. We honest to God want to see the other bullet points in this code.

But, to be fair, J-Bo does kind of have a point… you can’t be a Weather Savior if your boss blames you for killing three people. It just doesn’t fit the brand.

Kyle’s got the Game of Thrones theme rounding off all of his RADIO WARS posts, so I figured this needed something similar.

• Delco Girl January 22, 2015 at 11:18 am

John Bolaris has no credibility. Back in the 90s he would give girls blow for BJs. He is a scum bucket

• RT January 22, 2015 at 11:26 am

…..and he would give guys BJs for blow.

• Pay to Play January 22, 2015 at 11:39 am

Obviously you took him up on the offer.

• Bri January 22, 2015 at 11:23 am

WHO…THE…FUCK…CARES????

• airedale January 22, 2015 at 11:25 am

Why all the attention for Bolaris? Just an out of work media whore who thinks people pay attention to him. This whole big flap is one more trick to get noticed.

He is the next Tollefson.

• Kyle's Keyboard Muscles January 22, 2015 at 11:29 am

Isn’t J-bones the official weather man of Crossing Broad or some shit? Or am I making that up? The only other people in the area I ever hear hyping Bolaris are Preston and Steve.

• SPQR January 22, 2015 at 11:28 am

RADIO WARS is better. Who cares about the meteorologists unless it’s something about Sheena.

• Murray from Mayfair January 22, 2015 at 11:42 am

Don’t forget about nbc 10’s weathergirl Brittney Shipp and her nice firm rack.

Give me Brittney and Nefertiti Jacquez in a alcohol/cocaine fueled 3-way,and I’ll call it a day.

GO DODGERS!!!

• Sheena's Parveen January 22, 2015 at 11:33 am

Yeah, umm, nobody cares about a twitter meteorologist. Must be a slow news day….

• FIRE JIM January 22, 2015 at 11:33 am

Wait..why does jim still write for this shitty website?

• Dave The Hammer January 22, 2015 at 11:40 am

Wait… Why do girls always say “wait” before starting a sentence?

• col. slade January 22, 2015 at 11:36 am

Two queens. “Deflategate” is more interesting …and that’s stab yourself in the eye god- awful.

• John B. January 22, 2015 at 11:38 am

Hi, my name is John, and I’ve been clean and sober for 16 hours.

• Random Russian Slut? January 22, 2015 at 11:42 am

Nice to meet you. Here’s a drink.

• Jeff Simmons January 22, 2015 at 11:41 am

I heard k@cie emailed tmz about her breakup with Aaron Murray

• Kyle Laskowski January 22, 2015 at 11:44 am

Yeah I’m sure everyone would’ve decided to stay at home instead of driving if Bolaris tweeted an ice warning or put it on his crappy website that no one visits.

• Kyles Low T January 22, 2015 at 11:47 am

Can’t wait for an interesting post on CB

• Awaiting Moderation January 22, 2015 at 11:51 am

Fuck John Bolaris.

He is by far the most arrogant, self-involved prick on the planet. All of this drama is a cry for attention from a desperate narcissist who just can’t live with the fact that he’s
    irrelevant.

I believe HPH’s side of the story and I feel bad for him. HPH actually seems like he’s in it for the WEATHER, unlike Bolaris who uses meteorology as a vehicle to become some sort of D-list local celebrity.

Go get ’em, Harry!

• Goggles Piasano January 22, 2015 at 11:58 am

On the planet? You get out much?

• Awaiting Moderation January 22, 2015 at 3:03 pm

OK…maybe I overstated that a bit.

How about “the most arrogant, self-involved prick amongst all washed-up local media types?”

Better?

• Beatleguise January 22, 2015 at 11:51 am

Has there ever been an uglier celebrity than Drake?

• For Who, For What January 22, 2015 at 11:56 am

First blog of the day after 10:30 am and it’s about a weather guy on twitter from something that happened 5 days ago. Need to find a decent philly sports blog around here. Please do not even mention the 700 level. Any suggestions?

• DDMFsD January 22, 2015 at 12:08 pm

This guy is like the Mikey Missanelli of weather. He’s been fired from every job he’s ever had.

I wonder why he has no money to pay “HPH”. Is it because he decided to start a weather forecasting website? That’s great except there’s literally 100 other ways people can get weather. Most of them involve watching a hot chick, not some botoxed douche.

When forecasters miss a forecast, which we all know happens, most say “we missed this because…” and then give the reasons. This guy takes it personal and cries about it on twitter. If it bothers you that much, go find a tall building.

The only reason you hear him on preston and steve is because those kykes want to be cool and cutting edge and have on Johnny B! Exactly the same reason he’s the official weatherperson of this god awful site.

Nice work on those free Godfather Picks the other night too. 2-4

• fade gfl January 22, 2015 at 12:19 pm

haha

• For Who, For What January 22, 2015 at 12:31 pm

You sir get a standing ovation.

I would like your comment, but you can’t on this site.

• REMY January 22, 2015 at 1:07 pm

If ever there was a spot-on post, this is it.

• FIRE JIM January 22, 2015 at 12:49 pm

Has Jim been fired yet?

• MM January 22, 2015 at 2:00 pm

Jim, you’re not funny, is peter griffin still available?

• Howard Stern's Alter Ego January 22, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Who gives a shit? Who gives a fuck?

• Thaoms Pressure May 5, 2015 at 8:13 pm