The Phillies Demolished the (Lowest) CBP Attendance Record

IMG_1141

Congratulations to the hapless Phillies, who today announced an attendance of 17,097, the lowest in CBP history. That demolishes the dubious record of 19,047 they set, like, two weeks ago, and it’s the smallest crowd they’ve had since June 4, 2003, when they drew 16,232 at Veterans Stadium.

The Phillies and Marlins thank you!

• RubenSux April 23, 2015 at 3:23 pm

The fact that 17,000+ paid for this utter garbage is a testament to the stupidity of Phillie fans.

• magic April 23, 2015 at 3:23 pm

at least they put forth an amazing effort for the few diehards who attended…

• Maxie April 23, 2015 at 3:30 pm

8-0 in the 8th inning. I imagine CBP is a ghost town right about now. It is also a lousy day out weather wise. I really never thought they were going to get this bad.

• K Shaw April 23, 2015 at 3:36 pm

To be fair this is a better turn out than a Tampa Bay Rays World Series game.

• Ted Danson April 23, 2015 at 6:03 pm

That would be funny if the Rays didn’t have 100%+ attendance at both of their World Series home games.

• your mutha April 23, 2015 at 7:52 pm

You’re right, but there were 70% Phillies fans in that building. I was there.

• Sean Brace April 23, 2015 at 11:04 pm

The world series games in tampa were 75% Phillies fans, 25% dumb fucks off the street with cowbells and no idea what they were watching.

• Wow April 23, 2015 at 3:37 pm

It’s like a Mikey Miss show in there.

• Supra April 23, 2015 at 4:05 pm

Ouch!I take it you’re not at all enthused with Mikey Miss bitching about people bitching that he only talks Eagles and Mariota blah blah blah,or how he’s now complaining about some young guy getting attention for his workouts at the art museum.I swear at times Missanelli sounds like the radio version of Les Bowen,an old cranky miserable SOB!

• yesterday April 23, 2015 at 3:43 pm

Yeah yesterday attendance was 23,000 something paid, but there was no where near that. more like less then 20,000. the place was empty.

• Gus Triandos April 23, 2015 at 3:57 pm

17,000 is not a bad-sized crowd for a minor league team to play in front of. Congrats to all involved.

• tbb9 April 23, 2015 at 4:04 pm

I tried to buy tickets to the games on Tuesday and Wednesday off stubhub the day of around 6:00, both times there were no tickets available.

is the team or mlb buying up these tickets?

• Auduboner April 23, 2015 at 5:38 pm

They shut off Stubhub sales a few hours before game time, I’m not sure exactly what the deadline is. I know at lunch time you can still buy for an evening game.

• Jay D April 24, 2015 at 10:16 am

5pm…stubhub shuts it off

• proud conservative April 23, 2015 at 4:23 pm

A Spring cleaning is way overdue. Bye Ruben, bye Pat, bye David, bye Ryne, bye Ryan, bye Chase, bye Chooch, bye Cole, bye Paps. Thanks for the memories. Bring up the kids from Reading and let’s see what they can do. What do we have to lose? This game today was a disgrace.

• FUCK THE PHILLIES April 23, 2015 at 4:46 pm

I went to opening day what a crock of overpriced shit it was. Overpriced parking, overpriced tickets, overpriced beer, hit a pothole on 95 and ended up with $170 worth of damage only to see an absoloute shit product. Baseball fucking sucks too. Ed Snider needs to die so the Flyers can be good again and the Sixers need to stop sucking so we can enjoy real sports in the spring not 168 games of glorified checkers.

• Amya April 23, 2015 at 4:49 pm

Was there with work there is no way there were even 12k there, let alone 17k.

• Auduboner April 23, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Well, the “Attendance” is paid ticket sales, not actual butts in the seats. I really pity those poor season ticket holders who have bought for years and years and can’t even lay off their seats for half price these days. ($75 seats for tomorrow night’s game are going for $40 right now, and less tomorrow.) They do make the attendance numbers look better, though!

• New Game - Pick the 2015 Record-Breaking Low Point April 23, 2015 at 4:51 pm

Monday-Thursday 6/29-7/2 – Milwaukee Brewers
    Monday-Wednesday 7/20-7/22 – Tampa Bay Rays
    Monday-Tuesday 8/18-8/19 – Toronto Blue Jays (Could be Contending, but its Toronto)
    Monday-Wednesday 9/7-9/9 – Atlanta Braves (Fans are non-existent)
    Friday – Sunday 10/2-10/4 – Miami Marlins (Who would pay for the season finale)

• Gus Triandos April 23, 2015 at 4:57 pm

October 4 will be “Fan Appreciation Day.”

This year, it will literally mean 1 fan. He or she will get to sit wherever he or she wants.

• Auduboner April 23, 2015 at 5:44 pm

Any of the Tamba Bay games where the chance of precip is 30% or higher.

• Josh Innes April 23, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Absolute BS my show…..which is kicking ass and taking names….was pre empted for this slop fest. The whole area would rather listen to ME, talk about things going on in MY life, and MY amazing comedy routines than this crap.

Who likes sports anyways? Sports are dumb. Let’s talk about real stuff. I do a show for the working man, because that’s who I am and that’s who I care about.

• Not Candy from the Oak April 23, 2015 at 11:05 pm

You’re absolutely right. I would much rather listen to you bitch about how the fans are cowards for not booing Chase Utley for the 5th straight show. Is Bruno even a part of the show anymore? I never hear him talk. Does he just sit there silently until he can squeeze a few words in while you shut up for a second to suck in air into your fat gowls?

• Da Fuq? April 23, 2015 at 8:30 pm

I’m enjoying the extra leg room. I can put my feet up on the seats in front of me and truly enjoy the game without some wannabe hard ass wanting to start shit. There’s even enough room to avoid being puked on by some college frat douchebag. Enjoying the much shorter lines for crab fries and taking a leak. If only I could bring my own beer. Then it would be perfect.

• My comment was rejected April 23, 2015 at 8:40 pm

I talked about dismal attendance without naming the teams. I mentioned two cities without the team name and this stupid bot rejected the comment. This site is becoming a total joke. Since when is naming two cities that have poor attendance without naming the teams libelous. I didn’t even name the sport. Talking about a TV host’s tits is permitted.

KYLE, STOP BEING AFRAID OF YOUR OWN SHADOW. YOU HAVE GONE CRAZY WITH THE EDITING BOT.

• Dawn Timmeney's MILF Tits April 24, 2015 at 7:30 am

Are you talking about me?

• Rick Moranis April 24, 2015 at 9:59 am

The attendance number isn’t even “tickets sold”; it’s a completely fabricated number that the home team puts out. Look it up.

• RAJ - PLEASE step down April 24, 2015 at 10:37 am

Save this headline for each and every remaining home game.

• asf April 24, 2015 at 11:38 am

I’m just wondering when I’ll be able to get a free ticket in my pack of hot dogs. It has to be coming soon!

• johnmatrix April 24, 2015 at 12:16 pm

just buy a 20$ ticket and sneak down to the good seats

• Union fan(soccer) April 24, 2015 at 12:51 pm

You know it’s bad when the worst team in MLS that plays in Chester gets the same support. Never thought live attendance in philly would go Eagles, flyers, union , Phillies, Sixers. In 2015.

And this fan base is to butt hurt to realize soccer may be a lot closer to taking over or becoming a major sports. If you don’t want that go watch baseball live.