UPDATE: Here’s Josh Innes Calling Jason Kelce a “House Negro”…

… on the air, just minutes before cutting to the Doug Pederson press conference, on the network that broadcasts Eagles games.

Josh Innes, talking to Hollis Thomas, who is black, about Jason Kelce, who was in attendance at the press conference:

Innes: “Jason Kelce’s already there, huh? That’s … uh … I’ll give Jason Kelce this, he’s always in character. He never breaks character. His character is: lapdog for whoever the hell the coach is. And he is always … He’s at the press conference, huh? Good for him, bless his heart.”

Thomas: “Actually I don’t really blame him because he’s a guy who wants a job.”

Innes: “Here’s the thing though, right, it’s like this. Let me find a good comparison here. I was watching Malcolm X yesterday, I was in the airport in Memphis watching Malcolm X, and there was a scene where Denzel’s doing the whole thing about the slave and the house negro? Right? And like, the house negro is the guy who’s gonna tell you like, oh he gets to live in the big house with the boss and every time he refers to something that happens in the house it’s ‘our house’ and ‘we’ and everything like that. And then there’s the actual slave that isn’t the house negro that’s just trying to run away. Essentially what you’re getting here is Jason Kelce is the house negro is what I’m trying to convey to you.”

Thomas: *laughter*

Innes: “That’s essentially Jason Kelce’s job: ‘Yessir. Yes boss. Absolutely boss. Yes, sir boss.’ That is Jason Kelce, he is, whoever the head coach is gonna be, he’s gonna be all over that head coach. There’s no arguing, there’s no fussing, there’s no fighting, he’s in with that guy.”

House Negro is loosely defined as: “House Negro” (also “House N*gger”) is a pejorative term for a black person, used to compare someone to a house slave of a slave owner from the historic period of legal slavery in the United States.

UPDATE: Late in the show, Innes apologized and explained his dumbass reference:

“I think [Jason Kelce] is the Eddie Haskell of the team, whoever the coach is he’s gonna kiss the coach’s ass, that’s always been my opinion of Jason Kelce. And then I tried to make a comparison to how I was watching Malcolm X yesterday, and I made a bad analogy, and for that I apologize. I’ve seen all this like Deadspin, and I’ve seen all these people who are tweeting me. Like literally I’m the dumbest human being on the planet. Like when I’m reading this I’m like ‘You know Josh, whatever you were trying to say, it just came out poorly.’ And my intention was not to offend anybody or anything …”

“Like that was … my intention was to look for something that … a comparison that was different than the Eddie Haskell and I was just watching Malcolm X, I was sitting in the airport in Memphis yesterday, I was there for six hours and I saw this was on the HBO Go and I was watching it, and I was like, you know like, it all came out poorly and I see that people are making fun of me across the country and you should make fun of me across the country because I’m stupid. Like, it was in no way meant to offend anybody, it was stupid is all it was and I apologize for that, I truly do. I’m an idiot. I acknowledge I’m an idiot.”

Earlier: Josh Innes is losing to Mike Missanelli in the ratings.

Audio: 94 WIP, CBS

• The Shark That's Going to Eat Kyle January 19, 2016 at 3:35 pm

*Michael Jackson eating popcorn gif*

• Philly infulencer January 19, 2016 at 3:50 pm

I hate innes but it’s hard to disagree with that. What’s wrong with his statement? It sounds pretty accurate to everyone here. That is the absolute truth about that undersized bum Kelce Kyle just does what to hear it about his “every man” yuck

• Old Man from COHF January 19, 2016 at 4:56 pm

the house n*****r bangs my wife while I watch

• Phil from Mt airy January 19, 2016 at 5:07 pm

• M Mizz January 20, 2016 at 11:15 am

Its obvious that Innes is trying to get his sorry a55 fired.
      I could care less if he’s a fat lesbian.

• Big Dom January 19, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Never forget the time he said calling someone a racist is racist.

• D. For. January 19, 2016 at 3:38 pm

Let’s see if Josh has job by the end of the week.

• Wait a minute... January 19, 2016 at 5:04 pm

In this time of history? A firing would not stun me at all. Why didn’t Jim write this? It’s right up his social crusade alley…oh wait…an article like this needed to be coherent.

• Buschman January 19, 2016 at 10:30 pm

Why? the only person who has a right to be offended by that comment is Jason Kelce. I dislike Josh Innes, but there is nothing wrong with what he said.

• the dude January 19, 2016 at 3:39 pm

I dont want to call for a guys job but that dude is a straight asshole.

• Phil from Mt airy January 19, 2016 at 3:39 pm

Hollis Thomas is the epitome of a brown nosing, ass kissing house n e g r o, who loves sucking up to Josh Innes in order to keep his job even if it means making a total ass of himself.

• Tasty Morsel January 19, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Most important thing in his life is strip clubs.

• Jay January 20, 2016 at 8:21 am

Agreed!

• Al January 20, 2016 at 4:59 pm

Exactomundo. It’s a shame to see Hollis take the back seat to someone as inexperienced and ridiculous as Innes. Can’t even include his name in the show title? Josh is a glorified morning zookeeper at best, how he landed this gig is amazing . Worse than Missinelli.

• MR TRUMP February 8, 2016 at 3:38 pm

phil, ur just a little bitter about your bum life

• Drew January 19, 2016 at 3:39 pm

You really just want to create shit just for the sake of it eh? Sometimes this blog is just for airing you grievances against josh and WIP… but hey who am I kidding, I still come back numerous times throughout the day.

• Kyle's Killer Lemonade January 19, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Innes does not look like a guy who should be doing drive time sports talk radio in a major market like Philadelphia. That picture is great. He looks like the science nerd who comes back to middle school to visit his teacher when he’s in high school not getting laid.

Poor sap.

• kyle sucks January 19, 2016 at 3:47 pm

what exactly do you think sport talk radio nerds should look like? like grandpa monster mike miss?

• the dude January 19, 2016 at 5:01 pm

oooooooo god we can only pray…that belly!

• MR TRUMP February 8, 2016 at 3:42 pm

exactly.a balding, hair dying ,almost 70 y/o wanna be toughguy who needs to be reminded that he is an old fuck

• erock January 19, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Though some people may not like the term he uses, Innes is right on about Jason Kelce. He’s the player’s version of Howard Eskin, kissing ass to whomever is in charge. And when a guy leaves he turns on a dime from saying how great the guy was and how important he is to the team to saying how they’ll be just fine without him as soon as the guy is traded released (see: Shady, DeSean). Like Ike Reese did when he was playing, he’s angling for a media job when he retires say what you will about Ike (the fact that he can’t pronounce words or speak English), he never bashed people once they were gone like Kelce does. Kelce is a big phony.

• Tom Selleck January 19, 2016 at 3:44 pm

hot take that Kelce wanted to keep his old coach happy (who was getting rid of every played he deemed to not be team friendly) and now wants to support his new coach. he should come out and say Pederson sucks ass right?

• erock January 19, 2016 at 3:50 pm

No, because with the contract he had just signed, Kelce was “uncuttable” in those years due to the salary cap hit. Basically he still is because of that same reason and the lack of an adequate back up. Not saying he should have bashed anything, just that he’s always the first guy to come out loudly for the company line, despite past statements about how great/important the player was. He could just say “I loved (player x) as a teammate and am sad to see him go. But this is the business we are in, and I look forward to doing all I can to help us win games this year with whomever my teammates are”.

• Slowpoke Rodriguez January 19, 2016 at 4:20 pm

if you are the real “EROCK” & going by that awful name here too, god bless your parents.
          you’re a shitty “DJ” & I was embarrassed to watch the video of you leaving the Linc after the Dallas game.
          also, stop with the catholic high school photoshop pictures/gifs that 975 morning show seems to find funny. they’re not.

• Tom January 19, 2016 at 6:18 pm

Is this the same EROCK from Opie and Anthony?

• ron & fez - noon to three January 19, 2016 at 8:10 pm

That is not the ERock you think it is dummy.

• erock January 20, 2016 at 8:34 am

Um. No. Just a nickname given to me by a buddy years ago because my first name is Ed.

• mitchie tools January 19, 2016 at 3:47 pm

teacher’s pet

• Paul Jolovitz Fan Club President January 19, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Don’t let the door to the KFC hit you on the way out, fatass.

• EG January 19, 2016 at 3:43 pm

Josh was in the airport yesterday (MLK day) watching Malcolm X, ok.

or it was an elaborate setup to call Kelce a house negro?

add me to the list of people who has tired of the Josh Innes Show.

• Wait a minute... January 19, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Me too, but bear in mind, it’s not like the alternative is great.

• EG January 19, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Alternative isn’t great, but it is better. I used to think they were equally bad, but Josh is worse. Mikey Miss is the lesser of 2 evils, but still not good. Same with the morning show, as bad as Gargano and crew are, it’s still not as bad as Cataldi.
        Conclusion: sports radio is bad.

• God of tits and wine January 19, 2016 at 7:44 pm

• Howard Foreskin January 20, 2016 at 5:38 am

It’s not a binary choice.
        Listen to music. Bring some CDs to the car. Spend a couple bucks on satellite.
        We live in the 4th largest media market in the USA. You’re limiting your choices to shitty and shittier of your own volition. If these asshats stop taking you for granted as market share, maybe they’ll change. Or one would go away.

• Anthony Gargano's fake laugh January 19, 2016 at 5:31 pm

He’ll be lucky if Kielce doesn’t put his fist so far down his throat it comes out his ass.

• TonyBruno January 19, 2016 at 3:43 pm

This is just one more example of why I couldn’t work with Innes anymore. He’s an embarrassment to the profession, to sports radio and to the city of Philadelphia.

• Sergio January 19, 2016 at 3:44 pm

When is this dude gonna finally be gone?

• kyle sucks January 19, 2016 at 3:45 pm

so does this make kyle a fan of innes now? maybe kyle can have him do some guest blogging.

• Josh is being honest January 19, 2016 at 3:46 pm

He didn’t use a derogatory word and everyone knows what he meant. It aptly describes Jason. No different than the previous post when referring to E S K I N. That is exactly who he is. You saw him glad handing Doug as he got to the stage. How someone can be a so called sports journalist working as a sports anchor and work for the team is beyond me. Conflict of interest to the max. People on the team give him tips so he can say from his source and he can scoop everyone. It’s sad and disgusting. As far as Josh he’s just keeping it real.

• Josh's Baby Bump January 19, 2016 at 3:57 pm

yeah, keeping it real…real dumb.

• Anthony Gargano's fake laugh January 19, 2016 at 5:34 pm

New Game on Anus’ show – FIELD NEGRO OR HOUSE NEGRO? One hint, Josh, better stick to the white players.

• MR TRUMP February 8, 2016 at 4:37 pm

yo that’s f”d up and funny as shit

• MR TRUMP February 8, 2016 at 4:41 pm

contestants on his first show could be ray lewis, pac man jones, and steve smith sr.

• Josh's Baby Bump January 19, 2016 at 3:48 pm

Awww…sounds like a ratings grab to me and Kyle fell for it…free publicity…otherwise, there is no reason for Innes to use that term for anything or anyone.

• Would D-Jax be considered a field negro January 19, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Dances to his own drummer and doesn’t take crap from anyone that being the owner and the coach.

• meh January 19, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Here’s Josh trying to get fired so he can claim some sort of victory now that he’s officially losing in the ratings.

By the way, the term doesn’t even fit the situation. He’s a brown noser not a ‘House Negro’.

House Negro would be if he’s getting some special privilege that other players are getting and he’s basically calling the rest of the players slaves.

• Jason Kelce January 19, 2016 at 3:51 pm

What did Innes say about me is incorrect?

• If losing is making $150K a year sign me up January 19, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Can think of worse things to do for 25 hours a week.

• God of tits and wine January 19, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Pls, pls don’t say he’s making that kind of sratch

• God of tits and wine January 19, 2016 at 7:48 pm

*scratch

• Keyboard lawyer January 19, 2016 at 3:55 pm

If Miss said this, there would be an uproar. He would be fired.

• MM would never say it January 19, 2016 at 3:58 pm

He panders to the Afro-American community. Why they support someone who lives in the main line and spends his time in home of mega-millionaires in Miami is beyond me.

• Mickey Mannequin January 19, 2016 at 4:08 pm

That is exactly why they like Mike Miss, because he panders to them and acts like he recognizes their “struggles”. The blacks eat that shit up

• Slowpoke Rodriguez January 19, 2016 at 4:22 pm

is Mikey Miss boycotting the Oscars?

• The Voice In Mikey Miss' Head January 19, 2016 at 5:20 pm

Of course I am lil’ skippy. Look within, use 2nd level thinking, don’t be a bigot….

• The Voice In Mikey Miss' Head January 19, 2016 at 5:23 pm

Maybe it’s my Mercedes, my shore house, my country club membership, or cooking classes in Tuscany ?

• Cuz January 23, 2016 at 3:16 am

Thats incorrect. Miss gets away with everything.

• Rob Ellis' Fake ID January 19, 2016 at 4:01 pm

Oh Josh said something stupid. Weird he never does that. He’s never reaching for ratings. Let me know when his self destruction is complete and he’s finally fired

• Josh didn't land on Plymouth Rock January 19, 2016 at 4:02 pm

Plymouth Rock landed on him. He’s been bamboozled,Hoodwinked, Run Amok.

• JL January 19, 2016 at 4:04 pm

Kiss ass. Brown Noser, Suck up. All other terms he could have and should have used. But he uses that term to rile up people; and he’s a classless asshole for doing so.

• Question January 19, 2016 at 4:14 pm

What’s worse, the personalities of the athletes in this city or the people who report on them?

• Paul Jolovitz Fan Club President January 19, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Kyle, this is not worth pretending to be outraged. It was a throw away line, nothing more.

• shut it down January 19, 2016 at 4:23 pm

You keep posting shit like this and the bald wigger will be giving you some competition.

• Jaws 2 January 19, 2016 at 4:23 pm

Not that im really sticking up for Innes over the top analogy…But this post is coming from a guy who routinely and ignorantly mocks black lingo/culture with every DeSean Jackson post. “HollA atCho boii sonnNn naw meAn?” Hate to break it to ya, but that stuff is just as offensive and over the top as what Innes just said.

Its also intersting that the analogy falls flat on you Kyle, seeing as, obnoxious historical context aside, you essentially plays that role to Mike Missinelli since he occasionally gets you airtime and mentions on his show/station. Dude absolutley trashes you and your profession and you give him way more of a break than you do Innes, who up until recently never really had a problem with you. I think thats why the perception that youre biased exists.

• Big Dom January 19, 2016 at 4:29 pm

While I don’t think what Kyle says is nearly as offensive as what Josh said you make a good point.

• Colin Good January 19, 2016 at 6:29 pm

*blinks*

• Just settled on a place in Conshy January 20, 2016 at 9:01 am

Colin’s a good realtor but his claims that it was customary for him to nail my wife during the walk through of the house seemed a bit over the top. She seemed to enjoy it though.

• Joey January 19, 2016 at 4:27 pm

We get it Josh. You’re the radio guy who says whatever he wants in hopes to launch his career to a greter platform. Its now 2016 buddy. Take it easy. There is no room for this sort of thing anymore.

• Clickbait TItle January 19, 2016 at 4:29 pm

Nice click bait title… not taking what he said out of context at all. I don’t even like Innes all that much but I hate you 100 times more.

• Colin Good January 19, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Agreed. Apparently metaphors are above Kyle’s education level. But who can blame him, what with all the time he spends adding P’s to Ian Rapoport’s name?

• Howard Foreskin January 20, 2016 at 5:40 am

Ha! Now do the one where he adds the Ps and talks black like DJax tweeting.

• Howard Stern January 19, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Maybe the next time Josh is in the airport he will see the movie Single White Female.

• Tony White January 19, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Actually the fact no one was blatantly upset with Hollis Thomas was shocking. Like he seriously is the sole reason this bit went so astray. If he jumps in with just an “uh, excuse me?” dude ceases and re-tracks a bit. But laughing and prodding, and the jokes only going to to come harder and more direct. This Innes kid should be fired. Hollis should out right be ashamed of himself.

• deez January 19, 2016 at 4:41 pm

Are you going to comment blocking people from your site for commenting on brace’s site??

• Reverend X January 19, 2016 at 4:57 pm

You stupid ass house Nigga!

• the dude January 19, 2016 at 5:12 pm

its on deadspin now…hes fucked

• Is the dress black and blue or white and gold? January 19, 2016 at 5:20 pm

Is Innes shirt red or orange? On the iPhone 6 it definitely looks orange.

Doesn’t have to be a legit Phillies tee, could be one of those ironic multiple team type Cheesesteak Tees.

• Sall Good Man January 19, 2016 at 5:21 pm

They should get rid of the 800lbs that is both of them

• Brettzky42 January 19, 2016 at 5:33 pm

Crossing Broad writes an article that slams Josh Innes? What a shocker.

It’s pretty obvious that you don’t like the guy.

• Daniel J Carver January 19, 2016 at 5:41 pm

What’s the big deal?0

• Rob Ellis' Fake ID January 19, 2016 at 6:07 pm

Pretty funny how cbs spelled his name wrong in that picture. Nobody respects that slob

• Jonathan Tannenwald's Speech Therapist January 19, 2016 at 6:39 pm

Hey we all make speech mistakes. Just watch a clip of me on Philly.com talking about the union

I start every clip with a two minute long run on sentence

JT

• Field Boy January 19, 2016 at 7:10 pm

Tank is the definition of a house nigga for this shit. Sits there laughing like porky the pig when this fucking clown says some suspect ass shit.

• beginning of the end January 19, 2016 at 7:43 pm

It’s known kyle posts instigating comments under false names on his own stories and is now aggressively editing the comment section…. It’s the beginning of the end for this site.

• Frank the Tank January 19, 2016 at 8:17 pm

I think any semi-intelligent person understands the point Josh was trying to make.

What you have here is some loser who passed along to Kyle Scott that Josh said “negro”. Kyle Scott is obviously sitting around all day with baited breath waiting for a chance to jump all over Josh (especially since WIP called him out on air last year).

The narcissism emanating from this site and ridiculous posts about people’s hair over the past few days have turned me away from checking Crossing Broad lately.

• Rob Ellis' Fake ID January 19, 2016 at 8:59 pm

Are you dumb? Joshs point was retarded. You wanna talk about sitting around waiting to pounce on someone. Look at innes attacking kelce for no reason. Yeah he went to his new coaches press conference. Happens all the time. Not to mention barwin was there too. Was eli wrong to go to coughlins? Quit your Kyle is against innes garbage. Josh does this shit the day ratings come out saying that he’s getting crushed. This was clearly an orchestrated attempt to get people to turn him on. Hollis didn’t fight back on it because he was in on it too. You innes sheep are as bad as they come.

• Taylor January 19, 2016 at 8:24 pm

Get Innes off the fucking radio. God damnit.

• Maxie January 19, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Innes apologized? He must be nervous then.

• Average Black MAN January 19, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Only the dumb niggas eat up Mike Miss ‘white guilt” act. Down to that awful rap intro. I see right the Mike Miss. And MCW in the morning what the hell does she do besides suck gargano 3 inch Johnny marks?

• DUB-Yah January 19, 2016 at 9:36 pm

Most of you are missing the obvious in this story: Josh isn’t clever.

I don’t care if he stays or goes, as I find him mildly entertaining and somewhat talented. Certainly don’t plan my day around that show. If it’s on I’ll listen, no different from 95.7. He’s not trying to get fired from CBS Radio’s Top 5 Market, guaranteed. Suggestions otherwise are completely wrong.

But lets stick with the “clever” aspect.

Josh knows full well that calling a white guy a “house negro” isn’t going to get him fired for obvious reasons. He also knows he has his Quivers cover with tank in the wrong. Since he set it up with the Malcolm X movie reference, there’s context. He’d be fired if he said it without context, for sure. Yet he’s “clever” enough to cover himself.

All this being said, the whole purpose of this obviously canned/planned comment is to generate controversy. And it’s not even really creative in any way because it shows someone using race, a simple card to play, in an effort to generate controversy. For those who compare him to Howard Stern, he would never be that obvious. He’s actually smart and clever. Just is mildly intelligent and seemingly predictable.

If he was going to be fired it should be for a lack of creativity, aka, fishing with dynamite.

He wanted the drama, and he wants to engage it on social media so he can spend a few days saying, “HOW IS THAT RACIST?”

Dumb and Lame radio is all it is.

• Bob January 19, 2016 at 9:40 pm

“And it’s not even really creative in any way because it shows someone using race, a simple card to play, in an effort to generate controversy.”

Like Obama and his administration has been doing for 7 years. Except it’s worse.

• EG January 20, 2016 at 9:19 am

Dub- Yah- Agree with everything you wrote here.
      Innes also planned this ‘bit’ the day after Martin Luther King Day. Very clever.

I would like to see Hollis Thomas comment on this.

Bob is a moron.

• ^^this guy^^ January 20, 2016 at 10:59 am

Is an idiot

• ^^this guy^^ January 20, 2016 at 11:00 am

Is an idiot.

• Chip Kelly January 19, 2016 at 9:56 pm

This is exact why I couldn’t wait to get out of Philly!

• Kyle Scott shut up January 19, 2016 at 10:44 pm

Kyle Scott can’t get off Josh Innes’ nuts. Can you go a week without bringing him up?

• Alpha Male34 January 19, 2016 at 11:39 pm

I am a 47 year old African American and a WIP listener since the Tom Brookshire days. If they take action on Josh Innes, they shouldn’t do it because of a racial issue. Innes isn’t racist, he’s just run out of schtick. When your career is built on a gimmick instead of a solid foundation and substance, you eventually will be found lacking. He can’t talk substantively about sports for a long period of time, so he resorts to schtick, and this is one of the times it caught up to him. It’s the frigging introductory press conference for the new Eagle’s head coach! Isn’t there enough to to talk about without getting into a tangential conversation about Jason Kelce and Malcolm X? That’s what people mean when they say Innes doesn’t get Philly or the average Philly sports fan. He’s always going to give WIP fits and get in trouble and drive away potential listeners because he doesn’t make Philadelphia Sports the foundation of his career. He just doesn’t fit “Philadelphia Sports Culture” He is WIP’s Chip Kelly and Hollis is their Billy Davis. WIP tried a new and different approach, it’s just not working here.

• ^^this guy^^ January 20, 2016 at 11:01 am

Is a liar

• Sue Serio's Cleavage January 20, 2016 at 12:50 am

Spike gets to make his first big Program Director Call. Blow Out 10 AM – 6PM like throwing in your 5 bad cards in a Poker Game for 5 New Ones. Kike & Ike gone, they hate each other anyway and have grating radio voices, Innes & Company is just childish and not even close to Daytime PM Drive Quality. Marc Farzetta is the only keeper out of the 5 but he’s just hanging around to fill Angelo’s seat when he retires

• Rob Ellis January 20, 2016 at 3:14 am

LOL Kike&Ike. SSC, you’re in the mix.

• Like n Ike January 20, 2016 at 11:35 am

I’m putting you in the hopper

• MR TRUMP February 8, 2016 at 4:55 pm

put em in the hopper

• Dr. Quintavious Jefferson- Washington January 20, 2016 at 1:15 am

Why does that cracker never wear a shirt with his overalls on Moonshiners?

• Deadspin January 20, 2016 at 3:20 am

Actually cited CB on this one. First time for everything, I guess.

• Howard Foreskin January 20, 2016 at 6:02 am

Not sure why there’s so much shade being thrown at Kelce.
    – his play was down markedly this year, because he had a turnstile on either side of him playing guard. It’s amazing how much better he can do his job when you surround him with NFL-caliber guards, and he doesn’t have to do the work of 3 linemen.
    – he’s a vocal team leader who seems to police the locker room and takes a lot of heat off the rest of the team.
    – he’s supportive of the people who pay him. Ooh, edgy! In an era of me-first players who are nothing more than hired mercenaries wearing your laundry for a fat check, Kelce actually seems to care about the team and its leadership.

• Replace Innes w Mac and Mac! January 20, 2016 at 8:12 am

Just kidding.

They suck.

• Ratings Guy January 20, 2016 at 9:23 am

So when Josh loses in ratings for the 3rd month in a row, can he take his frat boy fans back to whatever small market he goes to?

• WIP Insider January 20, 2016 at 9:49 am

So here is the inside scoop from the halls of WIP. Spike has nothing to do with the decision on Innes. The decision is from the bigger offices at CBS Radio. It seems as though Innes will be suspended at least. The suits at CBS Radio are waiting to see if advertisers pull out. Innes won’t be on the air today that we know. The sales staff here is going to have a meeting today to discuss options. Howard Eskin could be his replacement.

• ^^this guy^^ January 20, 2016 at 11:04 am

Is a liar

• Maxie January 20, 2016 at 11:32 am

Oh please WIP Insider. You were the one who said Innes was not returning from his Christmas break and the would be announcing he was let go. This is not going to happen. I don’t think in the long run it is that big a deal anyway if he apologized. H

• Jpe Poo January 20, 2016 at 9:50 am

I eat poo.

• Kyle January 20, 2016 at 9:57 am

Thank you josh! Most comments I’ve had in a while here. That p.i website has been scaring me.

• phillyhelbound January 20, 2016 at 10:54 am

I look at Innes and just think, the dude probably stinks, I doubt he takes a proper shower everyday and his house is probably a mess. Pizza boxes and empty beer cans all over the place. This guy is a disgusting slob of a human. I am not gonna rip on him for being fat, that’s whatever. But for someone who is in the public eye, dude take a fucking shower and clean yourself up a little bit. You are supposed to be one of the faces of the station. What he said, although probably true, is just idiotic man. Even if Hollis is cool with messing around about race, you don’t disrespect your co worker or your friend like that being that he is right next to you. I think Innes saw those ratings yesterday and realized it is coming to an end and needed something to draw attention to himself. As I figured Mikey Miss is laying the hammer down on him. And that awful Gargano morning show is being blown out of the water. They need to blow Innes’ show and Gargano show up. I would offer Tony Bruno anything he wanted to be my morning guy on 97.5, with Gargano maybe as a co host, because holy shit Gargano’s show is almost unlistenable at this point, and so is Innes’ show. They are both terrible.

• ^^this guy^^ January 20, 2016 at 11:05 am

Is a loser.

• A.J. January 20, 2016 at 2:16 pm

I’m wondering, is Tits suspended three days WITH or WITHOUT pay? My guess is with.

• Lamar January 24, 2016 at 4:41 pm

I’m and African American male my name is Lamar. And the issue that I have with my wife is, that when we have anal sex, it’s difficult for me to see the sh1t on my c0ck

• Kerry Furter January 24, 2016 at 5:39 pm

I listened to Josh Innes for approximately one week, just after his arrival in Philadelphia.

For once I’ll say, “I told you so.” After listening to Innes for 7-10 days, I quickly wrote a letter to the WIP brass stating my opinion , and displeasure . I included several examples of Innes’ inferior skill set (in just a week of shows.)

Within 48 hours, one of the WIP top dogs responded with a full 3 page letter detailing why WIP believed JI was a good hire and why he would be successful. I disagreed almost entirely with the response but applauded the attention WIP brass gives to their listeners.

Bottom line: Philadelphia media and Philadelphia sports fans are some of the most passionate and most knowledgeable in the country. We don’t need or want “The Howard Stern of Sports” here.

Innes’ talent, knowledge, and skill set have made me appreciate Mike Missanelli SO much more. I listen to him as often as I can.

• MR TRUMP February 8, 2016 at 4:53 pm

kerry lighten up its not that serious.u must not hav alot going on .may i suggest a girlfriend or hobby perhaps.dont be a toolbag