UPDATE: Comcast Spectacor Strong-Armed The Sixers Into Making “Wells Fargo Center” More Visible

Have the Sixers and Wells Fargo patched things up? Has Jerry Colangelo told the team to put their big boy pants on? No idea, but the “Wells Fargo Center” text on the court floor at “The Center” is now larger and darker in 2016. Here’s a picture of the former floor, before the Disney on Ice road trip below:

[h/t Jimmy and Sean on twitter]

UPDATE: Michael Preston of the Sixers reached out to offer this, from chief revenue officer Chris Heck:

“We truly value the relationships we have with all our partners including Comcast-Spectacor, who indicated it was important to them that their naming rights partner be more clearly identified. The Sixers are looking forward to announcing our new partner in the banking category in a matter of days.”

It’s Comcast’s city. The rest of us are merely taking up space, or, in Wells Fargo’s case, not enough space.

• Crag carton January 4, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Nice.. Post a picture of the old court and don’t include a picture of the court in question as it looks now.

• Dumbass Detector January 4, 2016 at 10:32 pm

Are you literally blind? The first picture shows the words “Wells Fargo Center”, which was put on for tonight’s game vs Minnesota. The second picture is from earlier on in the season, when those same words were removed and had been removed for much of the season.

• Jim, take a Zyklon-B and call me in the morning January 4, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Word to your mother.

• Bunch of selfish billionaires January 4, 2016 at 10:39 pm

Like two 5 year old’s arguing about a new toy.

• Ish Smith 4 president January 4, 2016 at 11:29 pm

Was at the game tonight. The Wells Fargo Center was rocking tonight like it was 2001.

• Mike Miss Gabagol Dealer January 5, 2016 at 9:17 am

Good crowd last night. I’ve got the 11-game package and as crazy as it sounds, I think I’ve already gotten my money’s worth. Saw Lebron score his 25,000th point. Saw Kobe’s last game in Philly. Saw two Sixers wins.

• Little TimmA January 5, 2016 at 9:36 am

And I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause!

• Josh Innes January 5, 2016 at 9:55 am

I wish I could see my pecker when I look down.

• We are getting the LA's pick January 5, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Keeping Kobe has been a disaster for them as they are winning too many games. Sam comes back smelling like a rose as they end up with the 1st and 4th pick in the draft. I told you this guy is the smartest guy in the room. Now will you believe me.

• AI January 6, 2016 at 12:29 am

Who gives a shit about any of this? It’s the Sixers!

• Ruben L January 6, 2016 at 1:40 pm

Thanks for using my tweet! Lol