This is what happens when you don’t get the guy a private jet— he gets hounded by autograph-seeking nermals and the media.
- Wentz looks like Roy Halladay. The effect his accentuated when he’s in a suit. That’s Doc’s beard and he’d be best to keep it.
- Kinda surprised at Wentz’s ability to shrug off autograph seekers. This is a huge test. How do you say “no” politely? You smile and act like you’re in awe, probably because….
- … you’re in fucking awe! No level of preparation could ready him for the sort of reaction he got here. I’m pretty sure the number of people who shouted his name, hounded him for an autograph, or high-fived him here is greater than the entire population of Bismarck.*
- E-A-G-L-E-S chant mid-way through the people mover is so Philly. Dude hasn’t even set foot on actual terra firma yet and he’s getting sing-song chants from the masses.
- Eagles security guy Dom is a boss. There’s a long list of people I would fuck with. Dom is not on that list.
- The drive-by high-five is outstanding. If Wentz left the guy hanging and then was forced to turn around and reach for it and settle for an air-high-five, I would’ve had serious doubts about his ability to be a legitmate NFL quarterback. There’s no doubt Nick Foles whiffs on that high-five attempt. Sam Bradford sticks the landing, but then cries about it because the guy hit his hand too hard. Tim Tebow blesses the guy.
- The autograph seeker who knows Dom’s name is a special kind of loser. He’s clearly done this before.
- Check that– the assholes yelling “you’re not looking good on the news, Carson” are special kinds of losers.
- I’m just going to assume Wentz is wearing Bose earbuds here.
- What the fuck, dude?
FOX 29 also has Facebook video here. Starts at 7:20.
*It’s actually 67,034. So there will literally be more people at Wentz’s Eagles home games than there were in the ENTIRE CITY he’s from.