Leslie Gudel Leaves CSN

Somewhat surprising news from Leslie Gudel yesterday:

In an interview with Rob Tornoe, Gudel, who has had a mostly reduced role covering the Phillies in recent years, said it wasn’t her decision to leave after the season:

“We discussed this prior to the season starting, and I’m comfortable with the decision,” Gudel said in an interview.  She said it wasn’t her idea, however.

“I love baseball. I love the Phillies. If I don’t end up back at the ballpark covering the team, I’m really going to miss it,” Gudel said, who also added she had nothing but respect for CSN and the people who work there.

CSN put out a statement:

Interestingly, both Gudel and Neil Hartman – two of the original CSN-ers – have left this year. Hartman had posted a similar message on social media, which was also followed up by a brief statement from CSN:

“We would like to thank Neil Hartman for his many years of service at Comcast SportsNet and wish him well in his future endeavors.”

Typically, two well-liked sportscasters don’t just leave their jobs without somewhere to go. So it certainly seems like there’s maybe a cost-cutting element here, but who knows. Hartman just lists Sportscaster on LinkedIn , and it doesn’t sound like Gudel has any immediate plans to go elsewhere.

• Mike Saunders October 4, 2016 at 10:14 am

Love the story how Ruben amaro used to walk around her apartment naked back in the day

• Greg Thomas (Greg from Fishtown) October 4, 2016 at 10:19 am

Can someone compile a list of all the athletes she has dated?

• SCOOCH from parkwood October 4, 2016 at 4:21 pm

I remember talking to Pat the Bat at McFaddens about she used to give the best B. J. s

• Ant From South Philly October 4, 2016 at 10:15 am

All I can say Ms. Gudel is thank you. Not sure if or why you would read this but just wanted to thank you for all your hard work at csn. I met you a couple years ago at the King of Prussia Mall at an autograph signing. I was going through a tough time with my divorce and you told me to keep my head up and stay strong and I have never forgotten those inspiring words. Thank you once again.

• I can see why she dumped you. October 4, 2016 at 10:20 am

Sack up, princess.

Keep your head up. Stay strong.

• Mike russo February 22, 2018 at 10:48 pm

Yea..what a little bitch

• Danny z October 4, 2016 at 10:29 am

Fucking loser

• Chris from Williamstown October 4, 2016 at 10:48 am

LOL! Ant from South Philly is definitely an effeminate loser.

• am i missing something October 4, 2016 at 12:51 pm

or, I think you all kind of missed the point!

• Phinneas T. Sploogeguzzler October 4, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Always enjoyed that bit^^^^

• She was forced out so they could give Barkass a raise October 4, 2016 at 10:16 am

Barkass is consuming all the salary cap.

• Television wars October 4, 2016 at 10:16 am

Hopefully barkann will be next to get axed, both by CSN and WIP. Mike and Ike is absolutely atrocious.

• Candy from the Oak October 4, 2016 at 10:17 am

Sooooo, she can devote more time to child safety?

• must be an old picture October 4, 2016 at 10:18 am

All the Notre Dame fraud fans have packed up their gear this year. They will break it out when the team is good again.

Ask Rob Ellis and Tony Gargano (from Washington Township).

• Some dude from PA October 4, 2016 at 10:30 am

She is hot. Never understood why she disappeared from the anchor chair. She should’ve been the face of CSN but maybe there is more to the story.

• Guy In The Basement October 4, 2016 at 10:36 am

Well, between getting married, having kids, and running two unrelated businesses away from CSN (one of which snowballed into extensive legal issues), I’m pretty sure she initiated the move from full time anchor to part-time Phillies beat reporter. It seems, however, that she would have been happy to continue in her current role… With her and Hartman both, probably a cost-cutting and youth movement move by Comcast. Would almost have to think Barkann will be in trouble whenever his current contract is up. He is looking O-L-D OLD… almost as old as his lame on-air schtick.

• TJ October 4, 2016 at 10:38 am

I was an csn intern back in 2001 and there were rampant rumors around the water cooler of her blowing numerous phils.

• Who's high pitch October 4, 2016 at 10:58 am

She was all over Scott Rolen’s jock back in the day, that came trough the TV loud and clear. Put the Cindy Webster/Cole Hamels infatuation to shame.

• Sue Serio October 4, 2016 at 10:41 am

I remain the queen of smoke damaged slam pigs in all of Philly Media

• Marcus Vik October 6, 2016 at 12:32 am

True Dat

• Just saying October 4, 2016 at 10:44 am

She can bang the Cuz for a spot on the 975 morning show.

• Alpha October 4, 2016 at 10:46 am

Lets be honest, as viewers we only want to see hot chicks on tv.

• Chris from Williamstown October 4, 2016 at 10:52 am

You got that right! cbs3’s Brooke Thomas and fox29’s Alex Holley are smoking hot, and definitely eye-candy.

• William Rhodes October 4, 2016 at 11:23 am

Who’s this NBC morning traffic eye candy?

• Jessica Boyington October 4, 2016 at 12:13 pm

Excellent question! And what happened to me? I’m waaaaaaaaayyyyyy hotter than the new traffic b!tch.

• Meisha Johnson's Big Fake Cans October 4, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Only room for 1 big breasted traffic reporter in this town honey.

• Ronald Trump October 4, 2016 at 10:56 am

Women Post 40 have no roles in TV. The makeup teams are too expensive

• SHE CAN SUK MY DIK October 4, 2016 at 10:58 am

THE OLD LADY CAN S U C K MY FAT D I C K

• Innes' Failed Diet October 4, 2016 at 11:54 am

Who is the human heart attack to the right of her in the pic? The guy is depressing me.

• I was thinking the same October 4, 2016 at 12:12 pm

The way he has his head tilted is suspect as well. It’s what gargano is gonna look like by yrs end from all those primos during football games

• Jsports October 4, 2016 at 12:27 pm

They went younger and hired Amy Fadool and demoted Leslie Gudel to a Phillies reporter. Leslie was banging a few of the players when she first got the beat. Rumors were Scott Rolen and Pat Burrell. Then she started banging a State Trooper and got married. Latest rumors link her to reporter Jim Salisbury.

Unfortunately, Amy Fadool has now blown up and you need a wide angle camera to fit her into the shot.

Even with the dramatic weight gain I’d still bang Fadool over 76ers reporter Dei Lynam. The woman looks like she got hit by a truck.

• Jamie Apodie's 8th Pregnancy October 4, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Where do I fit in?

• Poor Leslie.. October 4, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Out with the older, tired-looking white woman and ultimately in with the young, pretty minority female.. That’s just Obama’s America

• Reality Check October 6, 2016 at 6:28 am

You poor, sad, patheic little hater. Last time I checked, Amy Fadool (anchor desk replacement) is a white chick and Gregg Murphy (now sole Phillies on-air reporter) is a white dude.

Hey, I bet you blame Obama when you can’t get it up, too! Makes just as much sense. SMH

• Ji October 4, 2016 at 12:51 pm

Has 29 replaced Eskin yet?

• Kankles October 4, 2016 at 12:54 pm

Back in the day Leslie used to bang Mark Portugal fat pig pitcher for the Phils in the 90s. She absolutely banged Burrell on multiple occassions and Chipper Jones.

• Family First October 4, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Unlike that donkey face on the radio Leslie put family first.
    Good luck , Les!

• White trash eagles fan October 4, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Yeah I’m not all that sure she had a choice.

• Howard Eskin's Stubble October 4, 2016 at 2:26 pm

I had no idea Neil Hartman left until now.

• Sporting Wood October 6, 2016 at 12:35 am

Thus answering the question “Would anyone miss Hartman if we fired him?”

• REMEMBER MY DAD? October 4, 2016 at 3:21 pm

I remember seeing Leslie and Scott Rolen eating at Master Wok in the KoP mall many years ago. Pretty sure they banged.

• JJ Livin in the 70s still October 4, 2016 at 4:13 pm

Leslie is gone, good-bye!

• Little Dally Man October 4, 2016 at 6:03 pm

She’s a whore and her mom’s a whore.

• Chipper Jones October 4, 2016 at 7:52 pm

I cheated on my wife with her.

• Danny Thomas' Coffee Table October 5, 2016 at 1:01 am

Stringy hair, saggy t i t s, big forehead, aging rapidly, baby k I l l e r.
    Would F U C K.

• Kevin Ward's Ghost October 5, 2016 at 10:55 am

i was at some NASCAR party she attended back in the late 90s and overheard a conversation she had where she was saying she was really good at giving BJs. probably did a round w/ those drivers too.

• Sporting Wood October 6, 2016 at 12:38 am

Her shelf life has expired. She and the similarly big-boobed Dei Lynam have been phased out in recent years in favor of the younger Amy Fadool and Jen Daniels (although they both look puffy).