Hey, the Eagles play tomorrow.
So Doug Pederson spoke early on Wednesday ahead of the team’s trip to New Jersey to play the New York Giants.
- Darren Sproles is “coming along,” comfortable and confident with Wendell Smallwood, Corey Clement, and Josh Adams right now
- Clement is 100%, a “full go” for Thursday
- still using RPO throughout the course of games, but they’re seeing defenses defend it a little bit better, which results in more throwing and less running for the Birds
- didn’t want to get into specifics of defending RPO, “I can’t give that away” because that’s just tipping off 31 other teams on how to prepare against the Eagles
- it’s a possibility to bring in a running back from outside the organization, confident with what they have in the short term but “Howie will continue to look” to see what’s out there
- Jay Ajayi checked out fine on the sidelines and no one knew he had a torn ACL when he went back into the game
- isn’t sure what quarter Ajayi suffered the injury, hasn’t had a chance to speak to him because he’s not with the team right now
- RE: rain in the forecast tomorrow – that can sway your game plan a bit, but we still go into it thinking we’re going to execute our offense and our plan
- Fletcher Cox has grown into a leadership role, was able to take the Jalen Mills issue to the sideline and air it out, then it was over
That’s pretty much it. The short turnaround is nice, I think, allows you to quickly get rid of Sunday’s stench and move on to the next game.
We should get the final injury report later today, but here’s Tuesday’s list for reference:
- Did not participate: LB D.J. Alexander (quadricep), LB Nathan Gerry (ankle, knee), S Corey Graham (hamstring), DT Haloti Ngata (calf), RB Darren Sproles (hamstring)
- Limited: T Lane Johnson (ankle), QB Carson Wentz (not injury related – rest)
- Full: DE Derek Barnett (shoulder), RB Corey Clement (quadricep), CB Sidney Jones (ankle), T Jason Peters (quadricep)
Watch live as head coach Doug Pederson meets with the media. https://t.co/O0h7mTwAj1
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) October 10, 2018