If you’re going to the home opener tonight, congratulations, you’re taking home the t-shirt pictured above.
The Sixers also announced today all of the promotional stuff for the coming season, which includes five “Spirit of 76” games where the team will wear those gnarly City Edition uniforms:
- Friday, Nov. 16 vs. Utah Jazz
- Friday, Nov. 23 vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
- Friday, Nov. 30 vs. Washington Wizards
- Friday, Dec. 14 vs. Indiana Pacers
- Friday, Jan. 11 vs. Atlanta Hawks
A lot of the old “activations” are coming back, such as the “Wendy’s Frosty Freeze-Out,” the Chick-fil-A challenge, and the Honda half-court shot.
- The first time the opposing player misses two consecutive free throws in the second half: Fans will receive a free Small Frosty.
- The second time the opposing player misses two consecutive free throws in the second half: Fans will receive a free Small Frosty and free Small Fry.
- The third time the opposing player misses two consecutive free throws in the second half: Fans will receive a free Medium Frosty and free Medium Fry.
These things always get a huge pop at the arena. You’d think the entire fan base is starving. Frosties cost something like 99 cents, so just go buy one? Also it’s like 40 degrees outside right now, and people are cheering for free ice cream.
- Opening Night, presented by Independence Blue Cross: Thursday, Oct. 18 vs. Chicago Bulls
- Military Appreciation Night, presented by Toyota: Friday, Nov. 9 vs. Charlotte Hornets
- @Sixers Social Night, presented by Xfinity: Wednesday, Nov. 21 vs. New Orleans Pelicans
- 76ers vs. Nets, presented by Tastykake: Wednesday, Dec. 12 vs Brooklyn Nets
- Chinese New Year Celebration, presented by Temple University: Tuesday, Feb. 5 vs. Toronto Raptors
- Australian Heritage Night, presented by Four N’ Twenty: Thursday, Feb. 21 vs. Miami Heat
- Franklin’s Birthday, presented by ShopRite: Saturday, Feb. 23 vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Go Green Night, presented by PECO: Tuesday, March 5 vs. Orlando Magic
- Fan Appreciation Night: Wednesday, April 10 vs. Chicago Bulls
And the dollar food nights:
- $1 Hot Dogs: Monday, Oct. 29 vs. Atlanta Hawks
- $1 Pretzels: Thursday, Nov. 1 vs. Los Angeles Clippers
- $1 Popcorn: Monday, Nov. 19 vs. Phoenix Suns