Doug Pederson was back in front of the media today.
Some injury updates and a couple of notes on Golden Tate and other topics:
- Darren Sproles will practice this week and the Eagles “hope to” have him available to play on Sunday. He will be “day-to-day.”
- There is a backup plan at punter returner if Sproles can’t go. (DeAndre Carter was waived on Tuesday)
- Lane Johnson will practice and is expected to play against Dallas
- Golden Tate has been in the facility every day and is trying to get caught up on the playbook. “He’s been awesome.”
- Corey Graham is expected to “possibly get some practice time” this week. Sidney Jones seems to be a little further off.
On overlap in the skill sets of Golden Tate and Nelson Agholor:
“That’s the chess piece that we as coaches try to do each week, is who’s going to be on the field and the matchups and everything else. I think the skill sets – Nelson does some great things, straight-line speed, good route runner, a smart guy. Golden is kind of the same way, he’s probably a little more of the short to intermediate type guy, a little quick-twitch. They’ve used him out of the backfield before and things like that. Similar styles but also in some aspects a little different.”
More notes after the jump:
- Tim Jernigan will be brought along slowly, day by day, as they have a couple of weeks before they have to do anything with him (three before having to take him off NFI list)
- The Dallas rivalry is “exciting,” two great franchises, two great teams. Expects fans to be rocking the Linc Sunday.
- Jalen Mills is day to day, a “touch longer” away from returning
- Pederson “definitely had a say” in bringing in an offensive addition
- Sproles: “we’ve going to mix him in,” can be a big part of the game but they aren’t going to “feature” one runner exclusively
- Jordan Mailata as a running back is intriguing and “not out of the question,” has experiencing carrying a ball dating back to his rugby days.
Watch live as head coach Doug Pederson meets with the media. https://t.co/AxAP5zZaRu
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) November 7, 2018