The Angels Trolled the Phillies and This Means War

You might have heard that Mike Trout is from Millville, New Jersey. He’s been known to go hunting with Carson Wentz and Zac Ertz. Bryce Harper notably went Trout fishing during his introductory press conference. As if signing noted “Philly guy” Mike Trout to an absolutely bonkers 12-year, $430 million deal wasn’t enough, the Angels chose to rub salt in the Delaware Valley’s wounds:

Frauds. Phonies. They think they’re cute. They think this is a game. They think this is funny. You know what’s funny? Paying the animated corpse of Albert Pujols. You know what’s even better? Two years from now, when Trout raises a stink that he wants out after the Angels once again fail to surround him with talent. But it’s cool. Laugh now, “Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim”… wait. You still have TWO towns in your name? What’s wrong with you? I hope the media enjoys their cheesesteaks. I bet there are more people in the press box than in the stands. If you think it’s bad now, just wait.

Let them eat steak.

• Steve Mason Elite Unemployed NHL Goalie March 19, 2019 at 10:18 pm

Why would Trout complain?

When did Trout ever once indicate he ever wanted to play for the Phillies?

He likes the Eagles. He hunts with two lunkheads who play for the Eagles. So what?

Bryce Harper loves LeBron James and is a big Lakers fan and he grew up where Los Angeles was the closest market to him with a baseball team. How’d that work out for the Dodgers?

This whole Trout obsession was stupid from jump and getting stupider each minute.

• Truth March 19, 2019 at 11:44 pm

Steve Mason is killin it today!

• Kyle’s Failed Podcast Venture March 20, 2019 at 9:37 am

As much as I hate to admit it, he really is. Top notch stuff from the human grease stain himself.

• Steve Mason elite unemployed nhl goalie March 20, 2019 at 4:49 am

Almost as stupid as when I said the Phillies blew the Harper deal and he was signing with the Dodgers …I mean the Padres…I mean.

I am very good at pointing out what already happened. Then I act like I knew it all along.

• Dirty 30 for life March 19, 2019 at 10:32 pm

I can not wait to boo the shit out of trout this eagles season. Pussy turned his back on us

• The Dude March 20, 2019 at 9:53 am

This is the best take, Make sure he never feels at home in this town again, as is the Philly way.

• Cartman March 20, 2019 at 7:41 am

Screw you guys I’m not going home.

• tb March 20, 2019 at 8:26 am

can only imagine how loud the fans will boo trout when pizza hands him a football

• Kate Devlin March 20, 2019 at 9:02 am

Oh boy, they really made us feel silly, didn’t they?

– Kate

• Hextall's Glasses March 20, 2019 at 11:25 am

I don’t really buy the apologist’s take of “well you have to take that money.” Sorry, it’s baseball. He’s not going to suffer a career ending injury next year. You’re signing with a loser franchise for the rest of your career. It’s weak to not test free agency where he could have probably gotten even more money and played on a team that knows what meaningful baseball is like. Yeah the Phillies have been mediocre for the last several years, but the last time the Angels were a threat was nearly 20 years ago.

I’m not going to boo the guy, but taking that deal means the cringey love fest is over. Stop cheering him everywhere he pops up and acting like he’s one of us. That ship has sailed. He’s a half a billionaire LA douche with some Philly roots. Nothing more.

• Lenny Dykstra March 20, 2019 at 1:47 pm

Trout is no longer welcome at my house in Linden