Betting on Sports America: Why SBC's Event Is The Biggest Sports Betting Conference Yet
Betting on Sports America, the largest legal sports betting conference yet, kicks off this week at the Meadowlands Expo Center in Secaucus, New Jersey.
As the expected leading sports betting affiliate in Pennsylvania, we’ll be there to cover it. And before we get to the particulars, we’ve compiled everything we know about PA online sports betting, including anticipated apps and launch dates, so we be sure to keep it here and follow our social media accounts for everything you need to know about betting in PA, both from an industry and sports perspective.
The event will span four days, unofficially kicking off on Tuesday with an e-sports event and a Sports Betting Masterclass in New York followed by pre-registration networking at Jay-Z’s 40-40 Club.
Betting on Sports America schedule
Tuesday, April 23
- 9:00am – Esports Insider Event – ESI New York
- 3:00pm – 6:00pm Sports Betting Masterclass
- 6:00pm – 9:00pm SBC Sponsorship Forum Meet-up
- 6:00pm – 2:00am Pre-registration & Networking Drinks Reception at 40/40 Club, New York
Wednesday, April 24
- 8:30am – 6:30pm Registration Open
- 9:00am – 6:30pm Exhibition Open
- 10:00am – 5:20pm Betting on Regulation (Track)
- 10:00am – 5:30pm Trading & Operations (Track)
- 10:00am – 5:20pm Sponsorship & Marketing (Track)
- 2:00pm – 5:00pm Affiliate Insider Masterclass
- 5:00pm – 6:30pm Networking Drinks (Exhibition Area)
- 7:00pm – 1:00am Networking Drinks Reception & Official Party at Meadowlands Racetrack’s Rooftop Bar
Thursday, April 25
- 8:30am – 5:30pm Registration Open
- 9:00am – 5:30pm Exhibition Open
- 10:00am – 5:30pm Sports & Betting (Track)
- 10:00am – 5:30pm States of the Nation (Track)
- 10:00am – 5:30pm Demystifying Sports Betting (Track)
- 7:00pm – 3:00am Closing Networking Party at Sky Room, New York
Friday, April 26
- 6:30pm – 11:00pm Horse Racing, Networking & Business Meetings
The real action will come in those tracks, however. Industry leaders will discuss the specifics of legal sports betting, going in-depth on everything from marketing to trading to regulation and more. You can view the full schedule of tracks here.
Betting on Sports America is such a big deal because it features some of the most powerful people in the industry.
Top guests include: New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy, William Hill CEO Joe Asher, DraftKings Head of Sportsbook Jamie Shea, FanDuel Chief Product Officer Nik Bonaddio, The Score CEO John Levy, and Ryan Howard, Brian Westbrook and Wayne Kimmel representing SeventySix Capital. There will also be countless team executives, regulators and lawyers. Always lawyers.
So why is this such a big deal?
With the sports betting industry on the verge of hitting a tipping point with the launch of online betting in Pennsylvania around the corner, this event is where industry leaders, leagues, teams and networks will shape legal sports betting in the US.
Tracks like “Avoiding Pitfalls– Lessons To Learn From Other Regulated Markets” and “Show Me The Money– Payments vs. The Wire Act” will touch on important regulatory topics as operators navigate the political landscape.
On the marketing side, “Defining The American Sports Betting Customer” will touch on learnings of the different types of sports bettors, while “Where Does Betting Fit Into The Sports Media Landscape?” will tackle that very question. Our boots-on-the-ground approach, with a direct connection to fans in sports betting’s epicenter and test market, Philly, allows us to observe and add context to these findings.
This is a monster event that will bring together leaders who will form partnerships that will define an industry.
SBC’s Betting on Sports America will also feature networking and awards events, as is requisite for any conference worth its salt. No doubt, as with any major conference, charlatans will be omnipresent, attempting to poach the ear of power brokers if for just a minute. But the genuine framework for an industry that will impact the way millions watch and consume sports will be laid at this event.
There will be A LOT to cover. Be sure to follow Crossing Broad on Twitter (@crossingbroad), Instagram (@crossingbroad) and Facebook (@crossingbroad), as well as our sports-betting specific accounts on Instagram (@cbbroadlines) and Facebook (@cbbroadlines) for updates from the event.