Malcolm Jenkins is doing his own thing for OTAs.
He posted an Instagram story this morning that shows him running at a school I don’t recognize, a continuation of spring workouts away from the Eagles.
Doug Pederson spoke to reporters about an hour ago, and he was asked about attendance and whether or not he’ll have his entire squad back for mandatory minicamp, which begins next week:
“We’re still in that voluntary portion of the offseason and we’re focused on the guys that are here,” the head ball coach said. “But I fully expect that everybody will be here next week.”
Does that extend to Malcolm Jenkins? Pederson was asked if the above quote extended to his defensive veteran and team captain.
“I mean that’s just me, personally,” said Pederson of his expectation. “It’s the first mandatory portion of the offseason, so as a head coach I would expect that they would all be here.”
At $8.75 million, Jenkins has the 9th highest AAV among NFL safeties, though you could certainly argue he plays at a top five level. We don’t if the contract situation is what’s keeping him out, but that’s the assumption. We’ll find out soon enough.
A couple more notes, after the jump:
- Mack Hollins isn’t practicing, same groin issue he was dealing with last year
- Miles Sanders will be held out of practice, Doug wants to “be careful with him“
- also being cautious with Josh Adams, who has the shoulder issue
- Carson Wentz looks “strong.. leading the offense, leading the team, getting on the same page with DeSean (Jackson)“
- Nelson Agholor has had a really good offseason, Dallas Goedert has improved, defensively Avonte Maddox has picked up where he left off, Sidney Jones is playing with confidence, Rasul Douglas also had a good spring
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) June 3, 2019