FIBA World Cup this summer.
12 players will represent the U.S. at the tournament, which takes place August 31st to September 15th in China.
Sixers’ free agent Tobias Harris is among the 20 players named to the training camp roster, which looks like this:
- Harrison Barnes (Sacramento Kings)
- Bradley Beal (Washington Wizards)
- Anthony Davis (New Orleans Pelicans)
- Andre Drummond (Detroit Pistons)
- Eric Gordon (Houston Rockets)
- James Harden (Houston Rockets)
- Tobias Harris (Philadelphia 76ers)
- Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers)
- Kevin Love (Cleveland Cavaliers)
- Kyle Lowry (Toronto Raptors)
- CJ McCollum (Portland Trail Blazers)
- Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks)
- Myles Turner (Indiana Pacers)
- Kemba Walker (Charlotte Hornets)
- Kyle Kuzma (Los Angeles Lakers)
- Brook Lopez (Milwaukee Bucks)
- Paul Millsap (Denver Nuggets)
- Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz)
- Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics)
- P.J. Tucker (Houston Rockets)
Camp will take place in Vegas from August 5th to 9th, then the squad will be trimmed from there and officially/finally announced on the 17th.
Few more notes after the jump:
- Jay Wright will serve as an assistant on Gregg Popovich’s staff, alongside former Sixers’ assistant and current Hawks head coach Lloyd Pierce
- The squad will play two exhibition games versus Ben Simmons and Australia on August 22nd and August 24th in Melbourne.
- First round World Cup games will be played in Shanghai. Team USA gets the Czech Republic on 9/1, Turkey on 9/3 and Japan on 9/5.
- Jonah Bolden joins Ben Simmons on the Australia squad.
- Kyle Scott’s favorite player, Kyle LOWRY, is on the USA squad.
— Kyle Scott (@CrossingBroad) June 6, 2019