Jay Wright Says He’s Not Going to the Knicks

Photo credit: © Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports

When Forbes put out an article a few days ago, reigniting the rumors of a potential match between the New York Knicks and Villanova coach Jay Wright, it sent shockwaves throughout the fanbase. Could he leave? Would he leave? Should he leave? The maestro himself began to panic in our Slack channel. Well, friends, it looks like you can breathe a sigh of relief:

Can I play devil’s advocate on this one? He hasn’t talked to the Knicks yet. He’s not going to the Knicks yet. I don’t expect the rumors to go away. As I wrote the other day, if I were Jay, I wouldn’t jump ship until a legit star was in place. You have to think that the Knicks’ new team president Leon Rose, who rose to fame as a power agent at CAA, will look to use his clout with players to attract free agents. Perhaps in the meantime the Knicks will look to hire an NBA retread to a short-term deal until they’re ready to roll out the red carpet for Wright.

• “They love me...they respect me...they saw something in me” February 19, 2020 at 6:56 am

Jay may not be going to the Knicks; but he does love & respect Sonny Hill.

• Andy from San Diego February 19, 2020 at 7:22 am

It is just so unfortunate that the media try to shift the narrative for their own interests and create Jay Wright leaving propaganda.

Thankfully coach Jay shifted the narrative when his agent told him he came across as a petulant child Dolan when he was pouting he needed a high profile coach hire

• John Beilein February 19, 2020 at 7:24 am

Don’t do it!!!

• corn pop February 19, 2020 at 7:41 am

Jay’s a lying dog faced pony soldier

• Imago February 19, 2020 at 8:22 am

Russ Joy – have you not paid attention to the whole college coach jumping to the NBA thing or are you just high? Jay Wright is too smart to think even he could turn the Knicks around.

• “Maestro” February 19, 2020 at 10:50 am

Of what? Trying to use a credit card at a sports book?

😂😂😂