On Tuesday night, the Sixers are on the road taking on the Los Angeles Lakers. At 37-24 the Sixers find themselves in sixth place in the Eastern Conference, two full games out of the fourth seed and homecourt advantage in the first round of the playoffs. The Lakers have put up a gaudy 46-13 record on the season and are 21-7 at home. LeBron James has turned the clock back and is averaging 25.5 points, 10.6 assists, and 7.8 rebounds per game on the season.

With that, let’s get into our Sixers-Lakers betting preview.


Sixers vs. Lakers Odds

Here’s the line for the Sixers and Lakers at DraftKings Sportsbook PA:

  • Spread: Sixers +12.5, Lakers -12.5
  • Moneyline: Sixers +550, Lakers -770
  • Total: 221

[sb-standard teams=”Philadelphia 76ers” books=”DraftKings” button_text=”Bet now”]


Bets We Like With a Lakers Win

Lakers Win and Under 221 Total Points (+117, DraftKings)

FiveThirtyEight gives the Lakers a 84% chance of winning with a -10.5 point line. Given the fact that the Sixers are a disgraceful 9-22 on the road this season and will once again be without Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons, that 16% chance of an upset seems very generous. Additionally, the Lakers’ past four home night games have gone under the total point threshold.

You can get this one at DraftKings Sportsbook by clicking here.

Bets We Like Independent of Outcome

Lakers Cover the Spread and Under 221 Total Points (+275, DraftKings)

As mentioned above, in each of the past four night games at Staples Center, the Lakers have seen the total points go under the threshold. Add to that the fact that the Sixers have only succeeded at covering the spread in 2 of their past 16 road games, and this bet has great value.

Shake Milton Over 3.5 Made 3-Pt Field Goals (+300, FOX Bet)

This bet would appear to be a sure thing given Shake Milton’s breakout 39 point performance in which he drilled 7-9 three point attempts. That game followed a 5-5 performance from deep against the Knicks, a 4-6 effort against the Cavs, and -asided from a 1-3 game against the Hawks- a great 5-7 shooting clinic against the Milwaukee Bucks. The question here is whether or not the Lakers will cheat defensive help to take away one of the Sixers’ only reliable threats from deep.

New users at FOX Bet can get a $20 free bet with no deposit and a $100 deposit match when they sign up here.

Tobias Harris Over 22.5 Points (+140, FOX Bet)

If the first meeting between these teams is any indication, Tobias Harris should be able to easily clear the 22.5 point line. He posted 29 points in a 108-91 win at home. The only question is whether or not you believe he’ll regress to his 2018-19 form when he averaged just 15.3 points per game in three matchups against the Lakers. With Simmons and Embiid out, the points are going to have to come from somewhere.

LeBron James and Tobias Harris Each Over 24.5 Points (+275, FOX Bet)

If you believe Tobias Harris can clear the 22.5 point line comfortably, perhaps this one is worth a look. Tobias Harris has scored 25, 34, 11, 25, and 11 points in each of his last five games for the Sixers, while LeBron has dropped 34, 19, 40, 29, and 32. There’s value here.


Sixers vs. Lakers Prediction

Pick: The Lakers will win this game. I’d feel pretty comfortable taking Los Angeles to cover the spread. The question is whether or not you want to parlay that with the under. If you’re a believer in Tobias Harris, take the prop with LeBron James for better bang for your buck.