FOX Bet is the new sports betting app from FOX Sports. It is currently available New Jersey and coming soon to Pennsylvania. As part of its recent partial acquisition of The Stars Group, owners of the BetsStars brand, FOX renamed the BetStars app as FOX Bet, and all subsequent Stars Group betting apps will fall under the FOX Bet brand. Let’s take a look at what to expect from FOX Bet, including how to get a FOX Bet promo code.
FOX Bet Promo Code
|Sportsbook||Promo code||Bonus||Expiration date|
|FOX Bet||None required||$20 FREE + $100 DEPOSIT MATCH||TBD|
FOX Bet is offering $20 in free bets and a $100 deposit match as its signup bonus promotion.
- $20 free cash on signup— new users will instantly receive $20 to bet with when they sign up, no deposit required
- $100 first deposit match— when you do make a deposit, FOX Bet will match it up to $100
While others such as FanDuel Sportsbook and DraftKings Sportsbook offer risk-free type $500 offers upon signup, FOX is one of the first we’ve seen to go with a hybrid free bet and deposit match promo. We score it a solid 4 out of 5, as most customers don’t deposit enough to take full advantage of other signup offers. This one is more attainable and user friendly for casual bettors.
FOX Bet will want to capitalize on the start of NFL season with football-specific offers, specifically on the Eagles and Steelers.
Current FOX Bet Promotions
FOX Bet has a unique approach to ongoing promotions. Using their rotating cast of variably known personalities, each day is built around a different talking head’s favorite bet boost:
- Monday: Cris Carter’s Call– every Monday, Carter gives you his favorite MNF boost
- Tuesday: Rachel Bonnetta’s Double Up Bet Boost– every Tuesday, Rachel doubles the odds on a preferred selection
- Wednesday: The Wright Bet Boost– every Wednesday, Nick Wright offers up his parlay of the day with boosted odds
- Thursday: Custom Sal’s Money Back Special– every Thursday, Cousin Sal comes up with his own bet, which FOX Bet offers custom odds on, and if Sal loses, you get a $25 free bet
- Friday: Lock It In Bet Boost– every Friday, the Lock It In squad offers up a parlay of the day
- Saturday: Colin Cowherd’s Marquee Super Boost– if Cowherd goes 3-for-3 on his locks, you get boosted odds for those bets
- Saturday: Clay Travis Blood Bank– bets Clay Travis would bet a pint of his own blood on (not actually)
- Sunday: Colin Cowherd’s Blazin Super Boost– every Sunday, if Cowherd has a winning week on his 5 picks, you double your money on those bets
- Sunday: Charissa Thompson Custom Boost– every Sunday, Thompson offers up a customized bet with boosted odds
This is really unique. FOX Bet is currently the only sportsbook that can offer these sort of personality-driven promotions. A bit forced? Maybe. But for regular viewers or listeners, these are an excellent way to create loyalty with the app.
We find that FOX Bet is one of the best when it comes to daily boosters.
FOX Bet Review
FOX Bet is a truly compelling, and unique, sports betting app. It offers a unique interface and stands out from other US betting apps-- not better, but just different. The partnership with FOX Sports enables for all sorts of interactivity synchronous with live sporting events. Worth checking out.
Features of FOX Bet
- First-of-its-kind, fully integrated national media partnership for sports wagering in the U.S.
- Access to an extensive portfolio of premier sports rights, including NFL and MLB
- Broad reach with broadcast network reaching 99%+ of U.S. households
- FOX Sports brand has superior brand awareness of ~80%1
- ~30% of respondents would consider using FOX Sports as a wagering brand
- Based on experience in the UK sports betting market, there is strong correlation between brand consideration and market share
FOX Bet PA
FOX Bet will launch their PA online sports betting app in September. They are expected to be live before Week 1 of NFL season.
A Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board source tell us that they will likely begin their testing phase on September 4.
The Stars Group is partnered with Mt. Airy Casino Resort, which is licensed to offer both in-person and online sports betting in PA.
FOX Bet will likely become the fourth online sportsbook to be offered in PA.
FOX Bet NJ
FOX Bet soft launched in New Jersey over Labor Day weekend, with the BetStars app becoming FOX Bet New Jersey.
This was a seamless branding change that likely didn’t require much regulatory approval.
Other States Where FOX Bet Will Be Available
Stars has market access deals with Eldorado and Penn National Gaming that will give them access to many large states, meaning FOX Bet will be coming soon to:
- West Virginia
- New Mexico
That is a significant chunk of major population centers and sports cities.
In these states and elsewhere, FOX will use a free-to-play app called FOX Super 6.
This will allow users to make their picks and win prizes. This is for lead generation purposes. These sort-of free-to-play contests have proven to be an excellent way to obtain email address and other information of future bettors. This app can presumably flipped to a legal sports betting app in each state.
As expected, FOX Bet, which uses its own proprietary technology platform, offers action on just about every sport you can imagine, including:
- Boxing and UFC
- Motor Sports
FOX Bet currently offers the following deposit methods:
- online banking (recommended)
- credit card
- PokerStars Play+
- Resorts Casino
This is probably second only to SugarHouse Sportsbook and the wide range of options they offer.
FOX Bet is available on iOS, Android, and through a web-based interface. Their iOS app originally lived inside PokerStars until a standalone version of the BetStars app was released on October 21, 2018. It was updated to FOX Bet in late August of 2019.
At the moment, it is unknown whether FOX Bet New Jersey and FOX Bet Pennsylvania will bet two separate apps. And if that’s the case, will it get approved by the PGCB in time?
Here are some screenshots:
Is a promo code required for FOX Bet?
FOX Bet offers $20 in free bets upon signup. Right now, a promo code is not required, but given the fact that FOX Bet will be so heavily marketed, it is possible they start offering promo codes to track their marketing.
BetStars Becomes FOX Bet
So what is the link between BetStars and FOX Bet? The Stars Group owns the BetStars brand, which struggled to gain a foothold in New Jersey following its launch last September. While it was a promising app, it was initially plagued by registration and deposit issues, and what seemed like a general lack of marketing spend.
While other sportsbooks spent on marketing, be it TV or radio advertising, and branding, like 888sport striking a naming partnership with the Jets, BetStars was not immediately present in the market.
But a partnership with FOX changes that.
FOX Bet will utilize the BetStars platform, which we’ll get to in a minute. Their promotional reach is exponential not only to BetStars’ previous marketing efforts, but also any other sportsbook. FOX owns the rights to NFL broadcasts, MLB playoffs, college basketball, and much more. Never mind their regional sports networks, all of which can push FOX Bet and FOX Bet promo codes to the masses.
A recent investor informational sheet about FOX’s acquisition of The Stars Group showed what the FOX Bet app will look like:
It remains to be seen what, if any, additional UI and promotions FOX will add to the new brand.
Things We Like
FOX Bet offers odds boost on popular stacks. For instance, for Thursday Night Football, you can get Andy Dalton, Joe Mixon and AJ Green to all score at +350– all from the click of a banner at the top of the app.
FOX Bet also offers the cash out option, popularized by DraftKings, which allows users to minimize their losses or ensure a profit before the end of an event.
And while FOX Bet’s mobile interface isn’t maybe the most fancy or modern – that one goes to FanDuel – it’s super clean and easy to read. Almost like Google, it just makes sense. All the information is laid out in a clean and easy to read way. It’s no frills, but highly functional, which is exactly what you want when your own money is on the line.
Meanwhile, players will also enjoy the Super Boost feature which offers pumped up odds and better payouts on predetermined parlays.
The app’s cleanliness and entertaining offers makes for an easy to use and fun wagering experience.
BetStars, which is owned by Canadian company The Stars Group and has had a lot of success in Europe, is a mobile-first product built on the PokerStars platform. They launched their sports betting app in the US in late September in New Jersey under the Resorts Digital license, which is also used by DraftKings.
In 2019, FOX acquired a 5% stake in The Stars Group and will take over naming rights of the app.