We’ve got the Philadelphia Eagles injury update and it stinks.
Turns out both Vinny Curry and Craig James are gonna miss a chunk of time after leaving Sunday’s game, according to Doug Pederson, who spoke this afternoon:
“Vinny and Craig James both significant injuries and are going to miss some time here in the next couple of weeks. Don’t anticipate either one of those (guys) back. On Miles (Sanders), Lane (Johnson), Derek Barnett, we’re gonna increase their practice time and see as the week goes on where they are and hopefully they’ll be available for the game on Sunday, but it’s kind of day by day with those guys.”
If Barnett is not available and Curry remains out, you’re looking at snaps for Casey Toohill and/or Joe Ostman come Sunday afternoon.
Here’s what else Doug had to say:
- On Carson Wentz, turnovers, and doing too much, he pointed out on the interception that the ball came out funky and the pass was thrown inside.
- RE: aggression – “I’m still gonna maintain aggressiveness.. when you have momentum and it’s on your side, you have to use it to your advantage… my thinking was to get points before the half.“
- He wants Carson Wentz to know that it’s okay to throw the ball away or “dirt” it on a broken screen pass. “There is a fine line obviously, as we know, with aggressiveness, but we want to be smart.”
- On DeSean Jackson’s lack of playing time, Pederson said they want him to be “healthy and fresh” for the long haul. He thinks they’ll increase his load on a weekly basis.
- RE: Matt Pryor, he says the offensive linemen were getting reps at different positions, and that the media didn’t see everything they were doing during training camp.
- Brandon Graham is in concussion protocol.
Full video here:
Watch live as Head Coach Doug Pederson speaks with the media. https://t.co/eBH8jbLoSA
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) September 14, 2020