Those looking to bet on the Eagles vs. Cardinals Week 15 matchup are in the right spot. As always, we will run through the Eagles-Cardinals odds as well as lock in some picks and predictions. Without further ado, let’s jump into our preview for what is, incredibly, a late-season NFC showdown with significant playoff implications.
The Cardinals enter this matchup as a solid six-point favorite. Last week, the Cardinals shook off some recent stumbles with an emphatic road win over the previously surging Giants in a 26-7 beatdown. That convincing win, along with the Eagles’ poor 4-8-1 record, is enough to justify Arizona as a near touchdown home favorite.
Of course, the wild card in the equation is once again Jalen Hurts. The rookie quarterback invigorated a previously lifeless Eagles offense against the Saints a week ago. Will the momentum carry over and keep the Eagles’ slight playoff hopes alive, or will it finally be lights out on a difficult 2020 season?
BetMGM is now live in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Get a $500 first deposit match by clicking right here.
Here are the current Eagles vs. Cardinals odds at some of the best PA online sportsbooks.
Best Eagles-Cardinals Odds
|Eagles||+6 (-110)||+230||49.5 (-110)|
|Cardinals||-6 (-110)||-275||49.5 (-110)|
Interestingly, this line moved from -5.5 up to -6.5 throughout the week before dipping back to -6 on Sunday morning. The shrinking line is interesting in light of the news that top Eagles cornerback Darius Slay will miss the game.
As for the total, bettors have steadily pushed the number up throughout the week from 48 to 49.5. This is a fairly high number given the Cardinals are coming off of a game in which they yielded just seven points and the Eagles are one of the NFL’s lowest scoring teams at just 21.3 points per game.
How to Bet Eagles vs. Cardinals
There are a few ways to score huge value by betting on Eagles-Cardinals today. Earlier in the week, BetMGM launched in Pennsylvania. After successful launches in states such as New Jersey, Colorado, and Tennessee, BetMGM comes to PA with a smooth app and $500 first-deposit match. New players can sign up and utilize the deposit match ahead of Week 15.
Get BetMGM here.
The other big offer is over at FOX Bet. As it has over the past several weeks, FOX Bet is giving players the opportunity to cash in on no-brainer 50-1 odds. If the Eagles score at least once today, FOX Bet pays out $50 on a $1 wager. Bettors over in New Jersey can grab the same offer on the Giants ahead of their Sunday Night Football matchup against the Browns.
Eagles vs. Cardinals Betting Trends
It’s hard to size up what the Eagles are with Jalen Hurts under center. What we do know is that this team played better a week ago against arguably the NFC’s best team than they have played all season– but that’s a small sample size.
- We also know that Doug Pederson, for whatever reason, has had an incredible amount of success without Carson Wentz in the lineup. The Eagles are 11-3 all-time under Pederson when someone other than Wentz starts, and one of those losses game in a relatively meaningless Week 17 game ahead of the team’s Super Bowl run back in 2017. Go figure.
- Another interesting Pederson-based trend is his team’s success following close victories. The Eagles are 6-0 ATS under Pederson following games in which they win by three points or less.
- Arizona road trips haven’t been kind to the Eagles. They haven’t won there since the 2001 season, dropping four straight trips.
- Kliff Kingsbury’s Cardinals have been a bad home favorite. The Cardinals are just 1-4 ATS as a home favorite since he became head coach.
- As for the total, sharp money is on the over in this game. The total has bumped up from 48 to 49.5 points. As of mid-Sunday morning, 72% of totals bets are on the over, while 95% of the money is on the same side.
- The over is 26-15 in Philadelphia’s road games coached by Pederson.
Click here to get a $1,000 risk-free first bet with FanDuel Sportsbook.
Cardinals vs. Eagles Prediction
I liked the Eagles quite a bit last week because they were playing a streaking Saints team while in the midst of their own brutal losing streak. Better quarterback play and an inflated line that didn’t account for a competitive Eagles defense going up against a limited backup quarterback (who isn’t good) created value.
This week, honestly, I’m not quite as sure when it comes to an ATS pick. I love the idea of a backup quarterback leading the Eagles on an improbable run, but the truth remains that they aren’t a very good football team. The Cardinals, too, have shown some warts in recent weeks and have been a bad play as a home favorite.
Arizona yields a healthy 4.5 yards per rushing attempt and the Eagles happen to have two players in Hurts and Miles Sanders who registered over 100 yards rushing a week ago, so a smart and well-executed game plan could keep this thing tight.
However, the Eagles will play this game without Rodney McLeod and Darius Slay, so Kyler Murray and DeAndre Hopkins should have big days.
Eagles vs. Cardinals Pick
After playing under the total for more than a month, the Eagles finally went over last week. My guess here is that they will be good for at least 23 points against what is a mediocre Arizona defense.
On the other side of the ball, no team in the NFL has allowed more rushing yards to opposing quarterbacks this season than the Eagles. Murray’s scrambling ability and a depleted Eagles secondary should mean plenty of big plays for the Cardinals in the passing game. The sharps are on the over, and I agree.
- I’m taking OVER 49.5 points.
- New players can grab the Eagles to score at least once with FOX Bet here.
- I am also going with the Cardinals to win by 1-13 points at +140 odds with FanDuel. Get it here.
Get up to $1,000 in free bets with DraftKings Sportsbook by clicking right here.