You like the headline? I thought it was clever.
The Eagles are getting two comp picks in next month’s draft:
A pair of sixth round comp picks for the Eagles. https://t.co/gakd5PRKjr
— Tim McManus (@Tim_McManus) March 10, 2021
Two sixth-rounders. Better than nothing. Jason Kelce was a sixth-rounder, so sometimes you stumble into a Pro Bowler in a random kind of way.
One of these comp picks is a result of Jordan Howard hitting free agency, and the other is via
Kamu Grugier-Hill. (edit- I think this was Ronald Darby)
With these selections added, their draft list now looks like this:
- first round: 6th overall
- second round: 38th overall
- third round: 70th overall, 84th overall (from the Wentz trade)
- fourth round: none (shipped to Cleveland in the Genard Avery trade)
- fifth round: natural pick, another pick from Cowboys (for last year’s trade)
- sixth round: natural pick, 224th overall, 225th overall (the comp picks)
- seventh round: natural pick
That’s not bad. Ten picks. They might be able to package one or more of those and move around the board. Could also trade back out of #6 to add another selection.
The Eagles have some options here, let’s just hope Howie doesn’t screw it up.