Are you ready?
Ready for training camp video clips?
Hope so, because here they come. The Birds are back at NovaCare and the assembled scribes are flooding the zone with what the people want. We want 10-second footage of non-contact practice reps. We want Jalen Hurts throwing to un-covered receivers and we want DeVonta Smith tearing it up in 1v0 situations.
But first things first, Zach Ertz is in the house and looking a little like Guy Fieri with the blonde hair:
— Geoff Mosher (@GeoffMosherNFL) July 28, 2021
I think it looks good on him. New year, new you. That’s the saying, right?
Here’s the Heisman Trophy winner:
DeVonta Smith in his first NFL training camp pic.twitter.com/Uc6yTPT5lJ
— Dave Zangaro (@DZangaroNBCS) July 28, 2021
Effortless. Not sure about you, but I’m thinking Rookie of the Year right now. He makes it look so smooth. He is HIGH-POINTING the football, which previous receivers absolutely stunk at.
Here’s Miles Sanders catching passes. He dropped a lot last season:
Miles Sanders getting some hands reps. pic.twitter.com/2CBieiNqL5
— Jimmy Kempski (@JimmyKempski) July 28, 2021
Nothing much to see so far, but we’ll get more. Inject the videos right into our veins.
Some other tidbits compiled from the on-scene scribes:
- Jimmy Kempski: Zach Ertz is taking part in 11v11 and not being held out for trade purposes.
- BLG: “Darius Slay and Steven Nelson are CB1 and CB2 with Avonte Maddox in the slot. K’Von Wallace is with the first team in place of Rodney McLeod, who isn’t practicing. #Eagles.”
- BLG: “Andre Dillard first up at first team left tackle today in install. Nate Herbig at LG in place of Seumalo. #Eagles” (Kinkead – looks like they are rotating Dillard and Jordan Mailata in and out).
- Mike Kaye: “Think it’s probably safe to call Adrian Killins a WR at this point. #Eagles”
- Zach Berman: “Two 2020 draft picks getting time with first-team D: Davion Taylor at LB, K’Von Wallace at S.(remember that McLeod, Singleton aren’t practicing)”
Seems like they’re not bullshitting here, which is nice. They got right into 11v11 pretty quickly with meaningful day one reps. There’s some good training camp play-by-play from the Eagles reporters on Twitter, if you’re into that thing.
Edit with a Reagor update:
And check that. Reagor is on the injury report with “lower body tightness.” Has been watching most of practice. https://t.co/CRRhJq2LGw
— Jeff McLane (@Jeff_McLane) July 28, 2021