Philadelphia Flyers President & General Manager Chuck Fletcher joins the show. Topics include:
- Making changes ahead of Year 3 of his tenure
- Preparing the protected list as early as a year ahead of the Expansion Draft
- Which players could be protected
- How close the team was to trading Scott Laughton
- Conversations he’s had with Seattle GM Ron Francis
- If Dave Hakstol’s hiring has changed the conversation with Seattle
- Conversations he’s had with Jakub Voracek about being left unprotected in the Expansion Draft
- The importance of being flexible once trading begins
- How many new players could be on the opening night roster
- His biggest issues with the team’s performance in 2021
- Urgency to add veterans
- Growing up with a dad as an NHL GM
- Handling criticism in a social media world
- His love of baseball
Ant and Russ then reflect on the interview and a few interesting answers from Assistant GM Brent Flahr in Tuesday morning’s press conference.
Also be sure to tune into The Press Row Show as Anthony and Russ live stream during pregame and the first and second intermission breaks of every Flyers home game live from press row of the Wells Fargo Center via the Crossing Broad Facebook page, YouTube Live, and Twitter.
Check out the other shows on the Crossing Broad Podcast Network including: Crossing Broadcast: A Philly Sports Podcast, Crossed Up: A Phillies Podcast, It’s Always Soccer in Philadelphia, Crossing Broad FC: A Soccer Podcast, and Broad Lines: Sports Betting Podcast.