If you count only the pro teams, we were stuck with only one actual game this weekend- the Flyers 4-2 win over the Rangers on Sunday. Not exactly a ton of stuff going on. Here's a picture of the Phillies' new HD scoreboard, almost completely installed at Citizen's Bank Park.
Few quick notes:
– Feedback is appreciated on the new CB Six Pack. Like it? Hate it? Going to hate anything we do because you're an impossible to please prick? Let us know.
– Send questions, comments, or unimaginative drivel to our CB Mailbag– CrossingBroad [at] Yahoo [dot] com.
– Our friends at BC Sports are selling tickets to have dinner with Chris Pronger, Danny Briere, Dan Carcillo, and Dave Schultz. A ticket includes buffet dinner and beverages, plus waitress service as well as free photos and video of every customer with the players. You also get a mini-helmet signed by all four of them. I will be in attendance as well, in case you prefer pasty bloggers to chiseled athletes. Get the tickets here.
You can also meet Claude Giroux at the Moorestown Mall on Wednesday, March 2nd, from 6-8 P.M. Get tickets here.
– 15 of 81 Phillies games are sold out. We have them all right here. You can find your Phillies tickets, sortable by price and location for all games, at Crossing Broad Tickets.
– The Flyers won yesterday and didn't take one penalty, Lavs punched Leino in the head on Friday- updated with our Yung Joc overlay.
– Jimmy Rollins guaranteed 100 wins.
– Video after the jump of players talking about Charlie's speech to the team this weekend, including Doc's tip to bring a notepad into the room to look more professional. Zoo With Roy nails it with other moments in history where Doc may have played a part.
Video after the jump.
View more videos at: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com.