Couple of quick notes:
– You can find the grammatical stylings of myself and John Ellis in the USA Today Baseball Preview magazine (not fantasy). The fine folks from that publication asked us if we would write a he said-she said. The topic: Can the Phillies sustain their current level of succes? I took the pro positon, John, as is always the case, took the negative side. It is on bookshelves now at your local Borders and other fine baseball preview magazine selling establishments. Best part? We got the regional cover story. CB for the win!
– I would like to introduce Ryan Gillon of Seriously Ryan. He will be a regular contributor to CB. Get to know him. He does, the way so many others do, enjoy long walks on the beach. He can be found on Twitter (@SeriouslyRyan).
– Attend a private party with the Flyers, meet Claude Giroux… Our friends at BC Sports have all the details covered right here.
– Congrats to Tom and Chris, you guys are the winners of the Flyers beer koozie's. Going in the mail today. They are awsome. BUY ONE HERE.
– Our friends from LaSalle TV have some Phillies t-shirts to give away. Be the 100th person to email firstname.lastname@example.org and receive one of two tees from the Majestic Phillies clubhouse store.
– There is still time to submit a question to our mailbag. Just email CrossingBroad [at] Yahoo [dot] com. We'll be answering them tomorrow. You're going to have a tough time beating the winner thus far- a picture of an organic (I think) product in the shape of a Phillies logo. Here's a hint: It's not a toaster.
– And Happy Valentine's Day to my lovely girlfriend, Dana. Points!
– Jay Wright served pizza at midnight, as students waited to get into College Gameday.
– Paul Dawson of the Wings (wearing the pink) knocked someone out.
– Tyson Gillies (yeah, the guy who brought coke into a cop car) was chosen to take part in a Ford commercial, which will feature baseball scenes. Or Cops-like footage. One or the other.
– More Raul Ibanez beard.
– Multiple beat writers have reported that Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Roy Oswalt, and Cole Hamels are all eating breakfast together. It moved.
– Michal Vick will appear on the Oprah show.
– The Phillies' pitchers will be holding a LIVE press conference today at 1:30. It will air on CSN. We will also have a live stream and chat right here.