What a horrible weekend.
First, on Saturday, we found out Chase Utley received a cortisone shot, then the Flyers lost, Dom Brown broke his hand, and Villanova finished one of the most disappointing and puzzling seasons in recent history. Yesterday, the Flyers got crushed 7-0, before Cliff Lee and Evan Turner ended things on a positive note.
Few quick notes:
– Shady McCoy will be signing autographs at the Montgomery Mall on April 2nd from 1- 3 P.M. Get tickets here at BCSports.com.
– We have a new ticket buying widget on the right rail. Our friends at Tiq IQ were nice enough to build us a co-branded tool for searching available tickets for upcoming games. Very useful. As always, you can shop all tickets (from StubHub, TicketsNow, Ebay, etc.) for the Phillies, Flyers, Eagles, and Sixers right here.
-If you want to work in sports, be sure to check out TheBusinessofSports.com's networking event on March 28th at the Field House in Center City from 6:30-9:30.
– We will have two major announcements this week with Philly Phaithful- one of which involves their new line of 2011 baseball t-shirts…
– I was on Upon Official Review's podcast on Friday (21 minute mark). I think I broke the Shane Victorino record for Ya Knows per minute.
– Stevie Why takes a look at the Flyers 7-0 wakeup call.
– Here's a book – sent to me by author "Al Schatz" – about murder and baseball, with an apparent Philly flavor.
– Lenny Dykstra had a comped $700 meal at the Palm on Friday. He didn't tip.
Here's another account of what it was like to work for Lenny- farts and racism.
Dude was in town for an autograph event and spoke with NBC's John Clark on Sports Final. Video, in which he talks about Charlie Sheen, after the jump.
View more videos at: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com.